Tea ideas..pretty please :)

Options

Replies

• jeccalou
    jeccalou Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Have you seen adagio?

http://www.adagio.com/

We have been ordering from them for a couple of years. I like the herbals ( mix chamomile and peppermint) my hubby does more true tea blnds. He loves the Earl grey bravo. Their teapot and samples are a crazy good value and come in fun little square tins.
  • jeccalou
    jeccalou Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I forgot that I love their chai blends too.
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i LOVE the "zinger" teas by Celestial. Lemon and Raspberry the most. They are SOOO tasty! 0 calories!
  • snkoyle15
    Options
    i didn't see anyone mention bigelow tea its very good
    ive had some of that brand and really liked them. i also like the Sleepy time, and chamomile, and if i have an upset stomach i drink peppermint tea. there are a lot of really yummy fruit ones. my mom would make raspberry for us a lot growing up, and i really liked that one too.
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love Bigelow green tea with mint. I also love the Republic of Tea. I've seen it in stores like World Market and a specialty food shop in the mall. They have a cherry flavored green tea that is excellent.
  • harryandsally
    harryandsally Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm also a black tea lover, (Darjeeling, Earl Grey), but also like other teas. Red tea is delicious (especially the vanilla kind). My very, very all-time favorite, and I save it for special because it's a limited edition tea, is Republic of Tea's "Queen of Hearts" tea . It's black tea with rose petals and buds in it. Smells like roses, tastes like roses -- it's heaven.

At night I make a fake chai -- Just use a decaf chai tea bag steeped in a cup of hot milk. Very rich and satisfying.
  • squared16
    Options
    Harney and Sons has some great herbal teas! Lately I've been hooked on "African Autumn" and "Raspberry" and they're both pretty fruity so I sometimes add a squeeze of honey and sometimes I don't. :)
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I love STASH brand... lemon ginger and chai green tea are my favorites. I add a little skim milk to the chai.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    OMG, I drink so much Iced Tea. I add Torani's to it. They are sugar free syrups and I use Mango, Peach, Raspberry, Blackberry..they have so many different flavors, it never gets old. It is so amazing. :happy:

Love Torani syrups! I've been thinking about getting the SF Raspberry for tea :-D I do have black cherry already... hmmm :P
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Hot Tea:
    Twinnings
    - Classics Prince of Wales Tea
    - Earl Grey Tea

Celestial Seasonings
    - Sleepytime

Iced Tea ( sun tea in the summer )
    Lipton
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I like pear. it is a little sweet and kind of like a light desert
  • alexa_ann
    alexa_ann Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I loooove tea, but for some reason (mainly because I'm a crazy person) I hate tea unless its loose leaf. I think I just like the process of boiling the water, putting it in my tea pot and using my infuser.

BUT back to good teas.
    I really enjoy Teavana but we don't have one here. Depending on where you live, I would try go on an adventure and try to find a local shop that sells all kinds of tea, its so much fun to try different kinds!
    If loose leaf isnt your thing I would suggest Republic of Tea, they have all kinds of flavors
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I just use Lipton Green Tea w/ Mixed Berry (when I can find it). LOVE IT. I just add Splenda. I also tried a "Detox" green tea that I found at World Market (and then at the local grocery store). I kind of like it and the reviews were great. I am always leery about those things. But I drink a mug of the detox tea in the morning while I'm getting ready for work, and then I drink the Lipton Mixed Berry at work in the early afternoon. I still drink a mug of coffee in the morning at work as well. And a ton of water.

I did boil a huge pot of water and added a bunch of the mixed berry tea bags to it, then poured it into a pitcher to make the iced version... Nice change up.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I do love my white teas- I have the silver needle white tea from Teavana. I also like Oolong and Pu'er tea as well. Black teas I drink with a little milk and sugar. And I make my own spiced black tea as well.

I just don't drink the floral teas because of my allergies, I got such headaches when my roommate would drink them when I lived in Beijing.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Republic of Tea...love the coconut chocolate and banana chocolate!
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm currently obsessed with Davids Tea. They have hundreds of flavours of loose leaf tea. I'm not sure where you live, but there's probably one close to you! If not, Teaopia has great tea too!

Some ways I enjoy my tea:

Hot (haha, the obvious way)

Iced (I usually brew a big jug and leave it my fridge all week.. I don't sweeten it, but my boyfriend just adds a pack of stevia to his when he has some).

Almond Milk Lattes - Brew a cup of tea like your normally would and add a cup of hot frothed unsweetened almond milk. Delicious treat for only 30 calories. :)
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm another black tea lover... a couple of years ago I found Mighty Leaf teas - and fell in love with them. I won't buy any other tea now. I'm the main tea drinker so brewing a pot in the morning is usually a waste (since my wife drinks mostly coffee)... that's why i love Mighty Leaf... the whole leaf tea in easy single serve tea bags.

I like their Earl Grey, but I LOVE the organic breakfast tea... the best simple English Breakfast tea I've had that came out of a tea bag.

Ted
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love Celestial Seasonings. I drink Magic Mint, it is my favorite. The chammomile is very good as well.
  • flyinghubby
    Options
    Teavana is great, I get the flowering blooms, they need no sugar. I have read all the comments and going to search for The Tea Republic and give the a try. I myself need to ditch the Diet Rite, no caffine or sugar, but I think it keeps me craving sweets! Good luck switching!
  • flyinghubby
    Options
    How have you lost your weight, Ithink its great my scale is no budging, I spin everyday and have been sticking to 1200 calories for 3 weeks, I think I might try low carb the next 3 weeks and see if it moves. Any words of wisdom will be much appreciated.

Thanks