When did you begin to notice your body changing

Options
13»

Replies

• shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I know my body was changing because I was having to get smaller clothes, but I still after a year and a half and 121 lbs, look in the mirror and don't see the change. My husband and everyone else does. I totally understand what people with anorexia are thinking when then say they are fat. My support group leader said it can take up to 3 years for your brain to adjust either way to weight loss or gain. That's why we can gain weight with out "seeing" it.

I'm going to go with that theory of why I'm so big (beyond the obvious reasons of laziness and improper eating habits). It's just in my head I don't feel I look as bad as what the scale told me I weighed. Even looking back at my wedding pictures from 5.5 years ago, I feel like I don't look any different, even though I weighed a good 40-60 pounds less than when I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of this year.

So while I don't really see a physical appearance change with the 24 pounds that I've lost so far, I do notice a physical fitness change. I've been doing the couch to 5K program and am set to finish week 4 tomorrow. It has me currently running (although I jog because I still just weigh too much to sustain a running speed and I know all this extra weight isn't good on my joints to be pounding the pavement like that) in 3 and 5 minute increments. I haven't been able to run for that long (even though yes I know it's not that long) in well over a decade. So I'm impressed with my physical fitness changes.
  • meg143k
    meg143k Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump, I just started to see little changes, I'm 24 days in, I can't wait for the clothes to fit differently!!!
  • gantonishek
    Options
    Bump, I just started to see little changes, I'm 24 days in, I can't wait for the clothes to fit differently!!!
  • gantonishek
    Options
    Very new to all this though was always pretty active. did a boot camp because i'm to lazy to push my self- thought i could die 1st week. 4 weeks later & little better diet feel really good with more energy. now 1st week with same pt still pushing me & kicking my butt. Only seeing small weight change but the muscle weighs more too,the gut looks smaller only from the shoulders & upper improving. Endurance has improved as i bike ride my friends tell me to wait up & slow down & i want to go.. make any sense ?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!