If I gave you $10,000...

Options

Replies

• theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'd buy some weights and assorted gym equipment. (I want to start lifting, but I don't have the money.)

I'd invest or save the rest, and once I'd earned enough money, I'd buy a sailboat and live aboard. My family and I lived on our boat for a while, actually, and I really miss it... but I don't think my father would sell it to me for any price (he loves it a bit too much), so I'd probably have better luck buying a new one.
  • charneus
    Options
    Ugh, you had to throw in "be selfish" about it. There's absolutely no way I could be selfish about it, at least, not where it benefited only me. I'd have to put that towards furthering my education in health so that I can get my doctorate as a nurse practitioner and continue to educate others and help them in any way possible.

So, does this post mean you're giving someone $10,000? If so, I can't be selfish, so give it to someone else who needs it more. ;)

(Note: I realize that you're probably NOT offering $10,000, but I threw that in there just in case!)
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Dude... I would get a new pair of boobies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! And buy a 2 thousand dollar wedding dress :D
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If I gave you $10,000 and told you that you HAD to be selfish with it...

What would you buy?

No bills. Nothing for the kids, the husband, or the dog. Buying for the house is okay as long as it isn't fixing, repairing, etc.

This is TOTALLY selfish money.

( And I don't really have any.Wish I did! )

I'd employ a personal trainer and a nutrionist for the remainder of the year.
  • david581c
    Options
    Duuuude, Tommy.
    Newsflash!
    Ur poundage dropped? I think ur already a personal trainer so train urself :D

To the point.
    W/ 10 grand?

You know what I would do if I had a $10,000 dollars? I would invest half of it in low risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities...
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    A new valentino bag
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    If I gave you $10,000 and told you that you HAD to be selfish with it...

What would you buy?

No bills. Nothing for the kids, the husband, or the dog. Buying for the house is okay as long as it isn't fixing, repairing, etc.

This is TOTALLY selfish money.

( And I don't really have any.Wish I did! )
    Gold.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My breast augmentation, a new starter and cd player for my car, and some yummy sushi.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Not alcohol. Holy crap I'm going to vomit.
    But really
    food.
  • fitness4meAU
    fitness4meAU Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh Great question! First I would start off at a holistic centre for a deep detox, healthy eating, massage, meditation and beautiful essential oils. Then I would make my way to Paris where I would participate in a writers class for a week and visit a friend there that I went to high school with...With what little was left I would pay for sessions with a personal trainer. Then hope you gave me more ;)
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Definitely invest it. Watching it grow would bring me happiness for a very long time.
  • GabeRami
    GabeRami Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Down payment on a new ride, or take a trip to Spain!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Go to New Zealand and Australia for a month :happy:
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Ooh, there's a nice thought... I presume you're talking US dollars so that's a bit more in my money. Hmm...

Well, having just gotten rid of most of my stuff to emigrate, I'd like more stuff! But I'd take ages searching out the exact things that I like, which are good quality. I've spent far too long compromising and getting lots of cheapish stuff instead of less stuff of good quality.

I'd get... a few bits of lovely furniture (possibly antique but not stupid expensive), some nice ornaments (art glass, ceramics, prints) and if anything was left over I'd bulk out my wardrobe 'cos I'm *really* sick of wearing the same few clothes that I bought over here in my suitcase.
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'd buy a Russian bride.................... and travel.
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    10 grand is not much in these days. Since legally it's taxable - Pay the IRS $3000. Take the rest and pay off a car.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Buy an oldish Jeep Wrangler. Take off the doors, get some nice wheels, put on a bikini top, install a new sound system and do the wave that only other Jeep Wrangler owners know and smugly ignore all others on the road.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    a new basstracker from basspro!!!!!! I've been wanting a new one for years now!! oh and a Remington Model 1187 Semi-Auto Shotgun in Mossy Oak Pink Camo ! A girl can dream right!!

You lost me at Pink Camo??? lol
  • mandii066
    Options
    I would either completely pay off my car or save it for my tuition for physical therapy.. I would want to be comfortable with my living. Granted a vacation would be nice but that's a week or two.. a car is at least a five year guarantee!! If i was a good card player Id' make it into $20,000 ;)

-manda
  • tripgrunt
    tripgrunt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Private kickboxing lessons, personal training 3x week, volleyball league, tattoos, travel to ireland & australia, guitar lessons, museums, rockclimbing, buy movies... i'm sure i could think of more lol