Food Log (when do you fill yours??)

Options
124»

Replies

• redbird99
    redbird99 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I loosely plan my week's meals and snacks and post it on my refrigerator, but I log what I actually eat as I fix it or immediately after I eat it. By having the weekly plan, I can switch things around or substitute if I don't feel llike having what I planned for that day. It also helps me prepare my grocery shopping list!
  • hungryPHATbunny
    hungryPHATbunny Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I log in advance too to help plan- I snack on yogurt, nuts, fruit
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I fill it throughout the day on my phone

I do this on and off too but I log EVERYTHING before I eat it. Never ever afterwards.

If I am making something to take to work I take my laptop in the kitchen and log each thing as I weigh and box it. I like doing this so do not see it as a chore.
  • squirrrell
    Options
    Hi

I plan my meals for one day the night before so I can easily spread all my cals throughout the day and ensure I'm not eating too much fat or carbs etc. Then on the day I follow it and edit it if anything changes then submit my diary at the end of the day. Good luck to you xx
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Since I don't work, I log my foods, pretty much, right before I eat them. .. and sometimes as I'm eating them!
  • scribe313
    scribe313 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I usually fill mine in at the beginning of the day, or before I start eating.

I do the same thing... It can really save me at times. It warns me before I go over and allows me to change things up a bit. :smile:
  • memega
    memega Posts: 73
    Options
    Do it asap in the mornings. This helps me stick to a planned intake for the day. If anything out of ordinary comes along (read surprise parties or team outings) you can always update the log before bedtime.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say I plan ahead, but I am soooooo not a planner, especially when it comes to my meals! lol So I usually just add as I eat, but I can help with snacks! :-D

1 full cracker of low-fat honey maid grahams with 1 TBLS peanut butter
    1/4 C of part skim ricotta cheese, cocoa powder to taste, sweetener (this one is only 100 cals!!!)
    1/4C of part skim ricotta, touch of honey, mixed berries
    sugar snap peas and carrots or homemade pita chips with homemade hummus
    homemade tortilla chips (I add a little lime juice and some chilli powder) with guacamole (I use the 100 cal pack of wholly guacamole and add fresh salsa and sometimes a dollop of sour cream if I have the extra cals)
    nuts
  • spamhead06
    spamhead06 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like to log mine as I go, and if by dinner time I see i am getting close to my limit, I can always add some space for more food by going for a jog, lol!
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I eat as I go throughout the day and never really seem to have issues with having enough calories left for my dinner. My daily food eating times pretty much always seem to have the same amount of calories so I don't have to worry about it. However, if I know I'm going out to eat for lunch or dinner at a place that is higher in calories then I'm used to, I will make sure to get in some form of exercise to offset it.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    after I've eaten it...but now I might try before!
    One time I did go overboard big time and was horrified when the numbers came up, so I had to go for a run to burn it off.
  • 123fizz
    Options
    I always do mine in advance, it really helps to plan ahead then I know what I can and can't have x
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I usually do it in the morning or the night prior, and then change anything I need to as the day plays out.

^this
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    Usually when I am at work (Mon-Fri) I log it the night before on the day before I leave for work, This is becuase i have the same food every day there or there abouts.

However On a weekend I free log, such as when I eat it I log it as i could eat anything from fruit to bacon sandwhich haha !

I think you will find your own style once you have settled in etc !

Btw add me if you want xx
  • yag1630
    Options
    I usually log it when I have time but I make sure that at the end of the day everything had been logged.
    For me to review what happened and make sure the next day every adjustments should be done.
  • iwillberipped
    iwillberipped Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am a planner when it comes to food...so I always log my entire day the night before (as long as I know what I will be making), on weekends I usually log as I go if I am home. I get my lunch around the night before and if I can pre-prep any dinner with the previous nights dinner I do that so I know what to expect the following day. I have found this helps me to stick to a plan and keep my choices under control.
  • ItalianStallion75
    Options
    Eats lots of veggies for lunch instead of your ususal meal. Track what you eat by writing it down. I found by changing my lunch from my usual meal to a hearty veggie salad with a little dressing, I was full. That way I eat less calories at lunch and then I eat a normal supper. I still have plenty of calories left over to have some type of junk food snack suck as Thinsations 100 calories chocolate covered pretzels or Keebler 90 calories chocolate chip cookies.
  • BrownEyedGiRL928
    BrownEyedGiRL928 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I fill my meals in the day before - it helps me stay on-track.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I plan everything before th day ( normally in my weekly shop
    I then pack everything up each day for work and have dinner planned but I log it as I eat it.
    this is to prevent me from sneaking food or forgetting those extras i didn't plan.

good luck with which ever way works for you