Reach for the nearest book...and post

Options

Replies

• DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It was nothing like our usual interactions, when we would talk about anything and everything for hours.

From- The Vow
    The True Events That Inspired The Movie. Written by Kim & Krickitt Carpenter with Dana Wilkerson
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    "President Snow takes a seat at the large desk of polished wood where Prin does her homework and my mother her budgets."

Catching Fire, Suzanne Collins
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Mine is from my psychology book.

It says... "You could probably speculate for hours about how Tiger Woods came to be such a superb golfer or why his personal life fell into such disarray."
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott

"I go back and try to breathe, slowly and calmly, and i finally notice the one- inch picture frame that I put on my desk to remind me of short assignments."

"E.L. Doctorow once said that "writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can see only as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love books... The last good fiction I read was Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. :flowerforyou: That was too long ago...of course I am taking three college classes currently and constantly have my nose is some sort of book!

"Thought—he told himself quietly—is a weapon one uses in order to act... Thought is the tool by which one makes a choice... Thought sets one's purpose and the way to reach it."
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Look for more than one Who or what in the sentence.

Easy Grammar 3
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    "Indeed some institutions and leaders acted at times as if this assimilation to the "American race" were more or less foreordained; The U.S. census, for example, counted the foreign-born and the children of the foreign-born as white, but in separate categories from whites whose parents were U.S.born."

- David Roediger (Working Towards Whiteness)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    That's Edward and Emmett Cullen, and Rosalie and Jasper Hale.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: - 1 for each :) lol
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    "...will itself have an impact on the quality of legislation. Procedural..."

Reader 1, Rules Rights and Justice: An Introduction to Law
  • ekim724
    ekim724 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    "When our weapons have grown dull and spirits depressed, when our strength has been expended and resources consumed, then the feudal lords will take advantage of our exhaustion to arise." ~ Sun Tzu - Art of war. Pocket ed.
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    That's Edward and Emmett Cullen, and Rosalie and Jasper Hale.

There's no doubt about what book that is
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Behind his back he was often referred to as "Robbie Flake"
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    "What was it about police work that made you have bad phone manners?"

Micah - Laurell K Hamilton
  • lolitsangela
    Options
    "I, wrecche, which that wepe and wayle thus, was whilom wyf to king Cappaneus, that starf at Thebes - cursed be that day!"

-- The Knight's Tale from The Canterbury Tales

#englishmajorproblems
  • ncw89
    ncw89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    "And I'll be sworn 'tis true: Travellers ne'er did lie,"

Yes, I'm a uni student, and I'm currently writing an essay on Shakespeare :laugh:
  • lolitsangela
    Options
    Pre-1800 Literature for the win!!
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    when state legislatures pass laws, they are collected in similar state publications (yes....so exiciting...my business law textbook, which I'm supposed to be reading right now!)
  • ARMom8251
    Options
    Protein and fat were not bad;carbohydrates meant fruit

The Paleo Solution The Original Human Diet by Robb Wolf
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    "...angle Prohunter scope. Not his favorite, especially not..."
    From Tami Hoag's Dark Paradise

full sentences are "He watched her through a Simmons Silver 3x9 wide angle Prohunter Scope. Not his favorite, especially not for this time of night, but it was all he had with him."
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    "shaped wires ready for stringing. They can be made"
    Bead Love - Simply Fabulous Jewelry With Big Beautiful Beads by Jane Laferla

Yep, I was being creative last night! :-)}
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My nearest book didn't have any words on page 20, but had this:

elvgren%2524gave-him-brushoff.jpg