5'6 females

Options

Replies

• megsr09
    megsr09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mine is at 1740 also. It seems to be working for me, anything lower and I would be a total grouch! :explode: lol

Mine's at 1300 and I AM a total grouch! I work out solely to be able to eat more... Counterproductive? :happy:

I am set at 1200 with no activity. But because I am active most days (I workout 3-5 times a week) I really consume about 1800 a day, but make sure I work out to net down to the 1200....this way I eat enough to not be a total grouch, but know that I do the work to keep at my goal every day.
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    I am currently at maintenance (1720) with 40% carbs 30% protein 30% fat and 40 grams of fiber. I have been stuck in a plateau for a month so I am going with the plateau and just letting my body stay at 130. It works for me. Working on strength now and training for summer mountain biking and races.
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    Mine is set to 1200, but I am old and close to goal. MFP doesn't set below 1200. I am set to lose .7/lb/wk. I exercise and eat my calories back. So I actually eat b/w 1500-1600. Started at 215, weighed 143 this morning.

Same, I am close to my personal goal so (shrug) a 1200 net doesn't really give me a *huge* deficit, especially considering all the estimates of calories and burns... I really lose about a pound a week. I eat back all my exercise calories though :) So my actual intake has often been on average anywhere from 1500 to 2000+. But I also sit on my butt all day with a creative/computer job so a formal workout is the only real activity built into my day beyond the usual light cleaning, shopping, whatever.
  • Quarrysider
    Quarrysider Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1920, active, 213lb
  • skeetpea
    skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    mine is set at 1690 for losing 2 lbs/wk at an active fitness setting. I'm not 'active' by any means (i'm a student and am either sitting in a classroom all day or sitting at my computer desk studying) but I wanted more calories on non-workout days. On workout days I usually eat 2000 - 2100 calories.
    :smile:
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    5'6 30 yr old female started 1-1-12

SW: 266
    CW: 236
    GW: 145

Lightly active

It set mine to 1440 calories. This is the end of month two and 30 pounds down. For a while I was having trouble hitting my calorie goals - not because I can't find anything to eat but because I was full and worried about gaining weight. I have been stalled for two weeks so this week I started eating more and updated MFP based on weight and activity level (what you see now).

Hopefully that does the trick :)

I would recommend doing some research on weight loss, plateaus, and exercise levels because some of the descriptions on MFP can be misleading if you are like me and uneducated about nutrition and exercise. But for the most part I have tried and failed at losing weight until I joined here and I am trying to follow MFP's plan.
  • cafel3
    cafel3 Posts: 89
    Options
    height: 5' 6"
    current weight: 246 lbs
    desired rate of loss: 1 lb/wk
    activity level: sedentary

My calories are set at 1780/day to lose 1 lb/week, but I also exercise 30-60 mins/day to earn an extra 140-280 calories/day, so I actually eat 1920-2060 on most days.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and have my account set to sedentary now. It's 1460 cals/day. I'm 177lbs.
  • 2012newbie
    2012newbie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to 1350, and I'm 5'6. probably older than most of you. I'm also watching my carbs a bit because I'm diabetic
    with some other issues going on. I believe I set it at sedentary when I started out. I usually finish the day under my calorie
    count, but I try not to go any lower than 1200 most days because don't want to put myself in starvation mode, did that
    throughout my life with every crazy diet imaginable (some prescribed by drs).
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1610, it started at 1630 - but I lost 20 calories as I've lost some weight.
    When I started I weighed 176 - I'm now down to 165 - in only 26 days. I had it set
    to lose 1 pound a week. I'm down 11 pounds.
  • jacquiroxx
    jacquiroxx Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Mine's set at 1270. I'm 5'5" and weigh 141.8 and work out everyday. I always eat my exercise calories back :)

ETA: I have it set to lose 1.5 pounds a week.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Mine is @ 2200 (cause of my weight) activity level set at sedentary (I sit at work for 12 hours a day) to lose 2lbs a week.
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 yrs old 5'6" and 171lbs. I have my MFP set for 1lb a week but put in that I am sedentary (I hav a desk job) and didn't add that I do any exercise because I don't want those calories already accounted for. MFP put my calories at 1340. Then when I workout my added calories are accurate and I knw what I should be eating. I just changed it to this by the way. Gonna see how it works out.
  • mattiematilda
    Options
    Mine is at 1200. I think the lower your weight is, the lower the calorie goal. I weigh 135 lbs. I think the calorie goal won't go below 1200 because that's the lowest amount anyone should consume each day. I'm curious about something else... Since you guys are 5'6" like me, what is your goal weight? Mine is 120. I'm just curious to know what other people are aiming for??
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Mine is at 1230
  • SchollinJ
    Options
    1200, and I weigh 148, goal of 137 :) lose on avg. 2 lbs per week
  • cf0506
    cf0506 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    1500 per day and trying to lose 20#. I've been at this a month and am down 6 pounds. I currently weigh 169.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    1623. Got this from metabolic testing I did a while back.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    1500, sedentary, 279 pounds. gw: 150. That's for 2 pounds a week. 1500 is kind of low, but as long as I stay within the 1500 - 1700 range, I feel ok, and it's still good enough to lose weight.