Music for running

Options
I want to be able to have my ipod with me when I go jogging and eventually running. However, those white ear bud headphones do NOT stay in my ear at all...they don't even fit! Are there other headphone options for runners?

Replies

• mcbrittlynn
    Options
    bump
  • mcbrittlynn
    Options
    I am also interested in what your playlist is!
  • StephJ0nes
    Options
    I couldn't get those earbuds to stay in my ear either! I found some earbuds at Walmart that are smaller that fit perfect in my ears. They come with 3 different sizes to put on. And they were only like $10. I have ALL sorts of music on my ipod. Mostly 90's music though. Kind of depends on my mood. I pretty much go on the beat of the music not necessarily the words so some heavy metal works for me like metallica.
  • mcbrittlynn
    Options
    Ill have to check that out! And i love 90's music
  • mcbrittlynn
    Options
    My playlist btw:
    Super Bass by nikki minaj
    Mr blue sky by elo
    drop the world by lil wayne
    Shake senora by pitbull
    rolling in the deep by adele
    honkytonk badonkadonk by tim mcgraw (?)
    push it salt n pepper
  • knucklescasey
    Options
    i have some that i bought at walmart for 10 bucks and they stay in my ears..
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Motorola S9-HD headphones. They're wireless (Bluetooth)

GsI1i4A-s9WLXrFTmawObCuBwBd4VlF91fUnld8FEYDoXtn9l-jnj1VQuMu_tw1ismqbb_DwU0x695PmWSMan4LbLKyhdgyqBowKzJWqCA-uN74CSmq3DCFYgcPFbI2zra2_slJGfGK_HUh0vYfYZt1lQWjcAaqmg4Jnq_VlsPNBu3zhpelZaiXRqsCWlFUhdutFM8A
  • jdcraik
    jdcraik Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds - Yurbuds - Yurbuds !! I had the same problem for years and tried everything. I tried the buds that loop around your ears, but they weren't much better and were pretty uncomfortable. If there is a good running store near you (Fleet Feet) go in and they actually measure your ears for a perfect and comfortable fit. If you aren't near a store try their website.

I listen to a pretty eclectic mix of the Killers, FooFighters, eminem, the Decemberists with some old stuff (I'm almost 50) mixed in like some Michael Jackson, Madonna and even some Hall and Oates. Maroon 5 ("Moves Like Jagger") is a pretty lousy song, but a great running song - same goes for Justin Timberlake ("Rock Your Body") and Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch ("Good Vibrations").

Have fun!
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Some songs that pump me up when I am running:
    -"Proud to be Black" by RunDMC
    -"Getting Jiggy with it" by Will Smith
    -"I'm Every Woman" by Whitney Houston
  • Dch2012
    Options
    My fav headset for running used to be the buds with head piece attached, but that was in the early 2000s and they dont seem to make them anymore so still looking.

As for music always loved 80's for running since its so upbeat. Some music i like are
    break my stride
    wake me up before you go go
    centerfold

There is a great site where it gives you music ideas based upon your running rate and the beats per minute for the song. it is

http://jog.fm/workout-songs/for/8/minute-kilometers?page=13

hope this helps.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I need the earphone recommendations myself but for music I'd suggest Rock My Run: http://www.rockmyrun.com/
  • skinny_bitch86
    skinny_bitch86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use headphones that kind of wrap around your ear instead of the earbuds as I have the same issue! they've never worked for me either! As for music, I may be mocked for this, but Lady Gaga really does the trick! Edge of Glory will even get me running on the treadmill and I do NOT run. But otherwise really fast paced, upbeat music will get me moving, like her, Beyonce, Blondie, The Clash, Madonna... All over the place but it works!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My playlist btw:
    Super Bass by nikki minaj
    Mr blue sky by elo
    drop the world by lil wayne
    Shake senora by pitbull
    rolling in the deep by adele
    honkytonk badonkadonk by tim mcgraw (?)
    push it salt n pepper

I loveee shake senora LOL...here's some of mine:
    >Super Bass
    >Where them girls at-david guetta
    >Party Rock Anthem>LMFAO
    >Moves Like Jagger-Maroon 5
    >Shake Senora
    >Tonight Tonight-Hot Chelle Rae
    >The Warrior's Code-Dropkick Murphys
    >The Time>Black Eyed Peas
    >Raise Your Glass-Pink
    >Keg In The Closet -Kenny Chesney
    >A Thing Called Love-Darkness
    >Chicken Fried-Zac Brown Band
    >Bad Girlfriend-Theory of a Deadman
    >Blow-Ke$ha
    >Wepa-Gloria Estefan
    >Sexy and I Know it-LMFAO
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    I'd suggest Rock My Run: http://www.rockmyrun.com/

I use this site when I'm tired of my other songs.
  • heathermarie517
    Options
    Bump
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I use Bose IE2.
    http://www.amazon.com/Bose-327279-0020-Bose®-audio-headphones/dp/B003XU6H8I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330259504&sr=8-1

they look werid but it's suprisingly comfortable and they sit in your ear in such a way that they will not fall out.
    238515-bose-ie2-in-ear-view.jpg
    it's very soft and rubbery. they come in 3 different sizes. I've worn mine for over 2hrs. and no discomfort at all.
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    If you are using iPod touch or iPhone (with Bluetooth) I can recommend the Jaybird JF2s.

They are bluetooth earbuds with a very similar system to the Bose earbuds pictured above to hold them in your ear.

They are designed for working out and have a lifetime sweat-proof guarantee.

The big drawback... they are $99, but I hate having a cord so much that I decided they are worth it.