Obsessed with shows about weight issues!

Options
Is watching MTV's True Life "I'm over weight" I always get sucked into the documentary style shows about weight issues! Anyone else do this?

Replies

• Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've always liked weight loss shows and wedding shows. I get sucked into them every time.
  • eatmeingo
    Options
    I'm obsessed with Supersize v Super Skinny haha it's brilliant. That and cake shows.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Totally obsessed! Fat Chef, My 600lb Life, Biggest Loser, Supersize vs. Superskinny....all of them!! I don't know what it is about them but I am completely fascinated!! There must be a lot of us though cause they keep making them, right??
  • mrskotz8
    Options
    Love them! I also read alot of weight loss memoirs too!
  • leia200for2
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOVED Jillian Michaels show she did for a while, it was great. I think I like watching them loose all that weight over the course of an hour and getting to where they feel so good - the makeover part is the best!
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Not particularly.

But I do love food competition shows lol
  • imogenjade
    Options
    im obsessed with all weight loss shows. even when decideing on a magazine, i pick one with weighloss stories. hahaha xxx
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i love them!!!!! supresize vs superskinny is my all time fave, ive watched every episode at least 3 times ahha i have way too much spare time on my hands.......
  • leia200for2
    Options
    Love the weight loss memoirs. Have you read Diet Girl? or Half A**ed by Jenette Fulda? Those are two really good ones. Confessions of a Carb Queen is really good as well.
  • leia200for2
    Options
    I haven't seen supersize vs. super skinny - How have I missed this????!!!!
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of several of these shows so I need to look into them. I loved My 600lb life. I used to like The Biggest Loser but it has lost most of its appeal for me.
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

It's great. They put 2 people in a house, one overweight, the other under, and they have to swap menus for a week.

It's on channel 4 and a new series starts next week!
  • melissamason941
    Options
    Totally obsessed! Fat Chef, My 600lb Life, Biggest Loser, Supersize vs. Superskinny....all of them!! I don't know what it is about them but I am completely fascinated!! There must be a lot of us though cause they keep making them, right??
    Oooo, don't mean to be so ruuuude but the 600# life kinda grosses me out. Im fat enough but I don't understand how a person gets sooo big, especially when at some point, someone has to be bringing them ALL THAT FOOD! And imagine how much $$$$$ they have invested in all that fat??!! Foods not cheap
  • leia200for2
    Options
    I used to love the biggest loser - but after so many "you can talk to your mama if you eat 10 pieces of candy " challenges I kinda lost interest - though I do still turn in for the make over shows. I watched one episode with Anna K. on it and got so frustrated by her attempts to "relate" I was about to freak out so I turned it.

My 600 pound life is one I just started watching - I missed a few episodes but they are all rerunning tomorrow and I have it set to record. I love seeing them turn their lives around.

I must find this "superskinny vs super size" show!
  • eatmeingo
    Options

It's not on American TV that I know of. It's all on youtube though!
  • Happinessgrl
    Happinessgrl Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Extreme Makeover : Weight Loss Edition. That show is unbelievable and Chris Powell is the best motivator that I have ever seen for the super-obese. He is amazing and such a blessing to a lot of people's lives. Once I reach my goal, I want to follow in his footsteps (and my own personal trainer's footsteps) and help to change people's lives the way that my trainer has helped to change mine. I went from 346.6 to 244.2 and I am hoping to be in the 100s very soon.
  • leia200for2
    Options
    Oooo, don't mean to be so ruuuude but the 600# life kinda grosses me out. Im fat enough but I don't understand how a person gets sooo big, especially when at some point, someone has to be bringing them ALL THAT FOOD! And imagine how much $$$$$ they have invested in all that fat??!! Foods not cheap

I think it just gets away from the like it does the rest of us. Just at a different level. And you aren't kidding about the cost of food - I know I am toting a lot of grocery money around with me these days! :)
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Supersize vs. Superskinny.
  • katherinewaters84
    Options
    im totally absessed with the biggest looser... love it... i have the vieo workouts, the callerie counter the bords to track my wieght, food, and exercise daily. The biggest looser is the reason i get off the couch everyday LOL.. sad but true.. it works for me
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Check out http://www.realitytvfan.org, there's loads on there including the biggest loser UK, Australia and USA and Excess Baggage with is an Australian show and one of the contestants is the former HOST of the Australian Biggest Loser!