c25k results

Options
moran1917
moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
i finished the couch to 5k program today and thought i would share my results. before i started this program i walked the dogs for my main source of exercise, but was not very active. during the 9 weeks of the program my workouts were as follows: m,w,f i walked my dogs for an hour in the park. t, th, sat, i did the c25k program and then added up to one hour of hill intervals. for the hills i went as high as i could and as fast as i could, walking, changing it up as i could do more.
stats:
weight: 230- 215
body fat: 55.6% - 48.6%
inches: lost 16 from all over body

i still have a long way to go, but this was a fantastic start to introducing exercise to my health program. next up is bridge to 10k!!!

Replies

• lilyvale68
    lilyvale68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Great job! I finished week 2 today. :) Looking forward to being a real runner!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    that is so totally awesome! I'm starting the C25k this spring- was telling a friend about it too.
    This site is so great - I just love it!
  • beach_chelle
    Options
    Wow, that is great! You must feel really good :flowerforyou:
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    that's fatastic! I plan on starting it this spring.
  • lucasnjewels
    lucasnjewels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I'm in the middle of week 2. You should be very proud of yourself!!! :smile:
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Good job! I finished in December, and I'm currently training for a 1/2 marathon...I'm not fast, but I love it!
  • cazwillis99
    cazwillis99 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to start it again, got to week 4 but damaged my ankle ligaments so had to stop - took about 6 weeks for the pain to go then it was too dark in the evenings to start up again. Have done 2 5k's but didn't run the, so my aim is to run one!
  • aulove
    aulove Posts: 34
    Options
    Congrats! Hoping I have similar results once I've completed C25K. Well done!
  • cherlea33
    cherlea33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Good for you. Your hill workouts sound especially challenging.
  • reneeramirez4christ
    Options
    This is so encouraging! I'm just finishing week 1! I can't wait!!!
  • AliciaLucas_72
    AliciaLucas_72 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i finished the couch to 5k program today and thought i would share my results. before i started this program i walked the dogs for my main source of exercise, but was not very active. during the 9 weeks of the program my workouts were as follows: m,w,f i walked my dogs for an hour in the park. t, th, sat, i did the c25k program and then added up to one hour of hill intervals. for the hills i went as high as i could and as fast as i could, walking, changing it up as i could do more.
    stats:
    weight: 230- 215
    body fat: 55.6% - 48.6%
    inches: lost 16 from all over body

i still have a long way to go, but this was a fantastic start to introducing exercise to my health program. next up is bridge to 10k!!!

That's awesome i finished week 2 today. Keep us posted on the bridge to 10 k program. and how it goes.
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on completing the program and having such fantastic results!! I'm in the middle of week 7. Can't wait to be where you are!
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wtg!
  • DietPep1978
    Options
    Way TO Go!!! And what fantastic results!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!