INDULGE!!

I know lots of people have problems staying healthy over the weekend. It's easy to see why, more parties are held on the weekend, you (hopefully) have more free time. Snacking is more at your fingertips because you are probably home. Temptations are harder to avoid over the weekend. Because weekends are a break in the routine.

Well me personally have decided to give in!! Don't be disappointed, I'm not giving up. I'm giving IN. Big Difference!! i've officially decided that Saturday is my INDULGE day. I don't like saying "cheat" because "cheat' implies a negative connotation. And having a cookie or eating a burger and fries is not a "bad" thing. I will not feel guilty over it or stress over how many calories I'm consuming. One day a week won't derail my spirit, in fact, I think it will help it. I

I'm not on a diet!! Diets imo are temporary. My healthy lifestyle is permanent!!! But it is still okay to indulge every now and then. So heres to Saturday my INDULGE day.

Who wants to indulge with me?

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    I plan on having a cookie after dinner. This is hard for me because one cookie turns into 12.
    I like to relax on the weekends too and not be as strict as I am all week long. I still workout. I just will enjoy a drink or nice meal with my husband.
  • TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    I'm not on a diet!! Diets imo are temporary. My healthy lifestyle is permanent!!! But it is still okay to indulge every now and then.
    That's an excellent way to think about it and that's what I do. I indulge a couple of times a week either a snack or a meal and I've been steadily losing about a pound and a half a week.
  • Love it and I couldn't agree more. This is not a "diet" it is a life style and lady, I can tell you I want that cookie, beer, fries every now and then. Indulgence seems to be working for me as I have lost 21 lbs so far. :happy:
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Couldn't agree more. Have a cookie every now and then or a burger as long as you have the calories to do it, why deprive yourself. your only hurting you.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    I like this spirit. I'm having some frozen yogurt tonight after dinner, and I'm excited because I rarely ever eat desserts.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 671 Member
    I totally indulge on special occasions, and even for a few meals a week. I try not to let most indulgences ruin my counts for the day, however once in a while it can't be helped.

We are human, and we have cravings and weak moments. If you can kick it back into gear after that indulgent snack/meal/day, then you are winning this game! :)
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    :happy: I have a spike day (or two sometimes) on the weekend.
  • I think you are absolutely on the money. To live permanently on a diet isn't really a normal lifestyle. You need to know how to factor in the occasional indulgence without it taking over. For me Friday night is wine night.....:)
  • MissVCI
    MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
    For me Friday night is wine night.....:)

I love wine!! Nothing is better then having a glass with my girlfriends.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    I indulged last night. I'll pass for the rest of the weekend. :tongue:

Though it's smoked gammon day tomorrow, so frankly I don't care. :happy: