Couch to 5K anyone???

Options

Replies

• froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    going on my 3rd run tomorrow :) if the snow isn't ankle deep...
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You can add me to your friend list. I am on week 2 and this is the second time I have done the program. Did it last summer/fall then ran my first 5K. Doing C25K again to get ready for spring running outside since I've slacked all winter. I want to run more 5K's this coming year.
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Starting Monday. Anyone else??
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I started this in the Fall of 2010, but gave up when it became difficult with my little one in the stroller (he started throwing stuff and fussing). Started again this past week at week 5, did days 1& 2, and on to Day 3...No excuses this time! I like Carli's podcasts.
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Also how do we log exercise
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to get started on this next week once I've been paid and can get myself some nice new trainers (I have trainers but want some special new ones for this :P) and a new sports bra, since I managed to lose the one I had. I'm going to be running late at night or early in the morning to start with so I'm not put off by other people having to see the fatty run. Haha.

I already have an app downloaded on my droid and I''ve pretty much decided on my route. I'm kinda excited to get started! :D
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have ran in the past but always off and on. I can jog about 2 miles in 15 min but want to actually start over and work up with a program instead of just pushing myself. So I am starting a similar program tonight through "run like a mother". We can do this everyone.
  • chiltonenator
    chiltonenator Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did wk7d1 today. I have the iPhone app from Zen Labs - it's not perfect but I like it. I put Pandora radio on in the background - but you can't lock the screen, you have to leave the screen open. There's a big jump in week 5 where you run 20 minutes, but you'll be ready for it - just trust the training you've done up to then. The only problem I've had with the c25k program was when I tried to do weightlifting on the rest day (squats, dead lifts) - my legs felt like they were made out of concrete the next day.

This is a great way to get off the couch and get running. If you're thinking about doing it - then do it!
  • amberjay0
    amberjay0 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Me and my boyfriend are starting this week :D i am so excited running out side will be so much better
  • divasoofly
    divasoofly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did it in February last year and have been in 5 races since then and am now running up to 10 miles. It is an incredible program! Don't be afraid to repeat days if you need to and don't be intimidated by the longer run days. It actually was easier for me to run longer than all the starting and stopping. LOL. Good luck to everyone!

This is so true. Use your own discretion as far as moving on. I finished Week 7 Day 3 today and I continued to run until I had run 4:63 miles which took me an hour to do. I am thoroughly enjoying this journey. Keep at it but at your own pace. The journey is worth it.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1, starting week 2 on monday!! Can't wait, I love it so far! Anyone feel free to add me as well :)
  • doctrk
    doctrk Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    on week 1 day 3 add me too
  • crochelle17
    crochelle17 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Im starting on monday feel free to add me anyone! :) im excited and scared lol! i was the 12min mile walker all through high school so i guess better late then never to become a runner!
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me the best iphone app to use for this? I thought there would be one app but there are several! I am not sure which one to use!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper - the free version, but there are others out there. I can't say which is best - I've only used this one...
    Did day 3 today - across packed snow and ice :happy:
  • grumpy2day
    Options
    Went to the beach yesterday to do week 1 day 1, I fell 2 intervals short of the 8 and a little stiff and sore today. I can't wait to try again tomorrow. In the meantime I took a leisurely 45 min walk on the beach today and was rewarded with some beauyiful sea glass.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am doing Day 2 of Wk 1 tomorrow. Day 1 (Tuesday) was very successful and was such a great cardio session. I have two of my cousins who decided to do it with me and my sister also decided to do it although she can already run a mile w/out stopping. She said I inspired her to start the program!
  • matrim68
    matrim68 Posts: 12
    Options
    Im on week 7, day 2. It is amazing. I was already running and doing HIIT but this program has increased my speed and wind drastically. Its a big confidence boost too when you complete each big run.
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i am going to try it
  • ladykathalina
    ladykathalina Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did it in February last year and have been in 5 races since then and am now running up to 10 miles. It is an incredible program! Don't be afraid to repeat days if you need to and don't be intimidated by the longer run days. It actually was easier for me to run longer than all the starting and stopping. LOL. Good luck to everyone!

You inspire me. I am 53 and have wanted to set and obtain this goal my self but have never accomplished it. I am going to make it my goal this year 2012. Thank your for your post. Here's to celebrating my success!! :drinker: :smile:

4162358.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods