My first really important NSV!

Options
Ok, so as a surprise my boyfriend came to visit and arrived as I was leaving for the gym! Hadn't seen him for 2 weeks. I didnt want to bail on the gym and he wanted to see me and I was so happy to see him....so for the first time ever...we went to the gym together! Wasn't particularly keen on the idea but for some reason agreed to it! To be honest as we drove there, I was s****** myself and was kinda hoping they would say he couldn't come in because he wasn't a member, but sadly my trainer was on reception and he gladly let us in! They had a 10 min chat which was weird and pretty uncomfortable for me, comparing notes on me and how I react to things I don't like or want to do! Not so happy about that but I can deal with it!

Anyway we both started off on the cross trainer and we warmed up. Then I set the program my trainer has me do and he did whatever he does and off I went for my 30 mins. After about 20 mins I looked over and I was only 2 levels lower than he was, I was on level 12 and he was on 14, and our speed was similar! I was pretty shocked to be anywhere near him! He plays rugby 3x a week and loves the gym and I've still got so so much weight to lose! It probably sounds very stupid but for me this was amazing! When I got round to telling him I wanted to lose weight (2 months in to starting), I said ine day I wanted us to be able to do "active" stuff together, not running (I hate running) but other stuff. Today I realised that I can actually do that in the future and its not just something I am hoping for!

finished with off with resistance and obviously he was in a league of his own but that fine! He did say that he was "ridiculously proud of me and honestly shocked at how much I had achieved". Yes, I still have a long way to go but days like this make up for all the crap days and make me want to keep going!

Sorry for the essay, just wanted to share and got a bit carried away!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!