I think I like this

Options
I signed up for my fitness pal in 2011 but I've just started using the app. My name is Karen and I would like to lose 30lbs by summer. I get discouraged easily so I figured, I needed to try something where I can be motivated by others. I have some friends tell me its possible to reach my goal by summer, then others that say it's impossible. Well here I am, and I'm up for the challenge!

Replies

• CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Feel free to add me! I love to motivate and encourage....

**Fair warning, if your not logging in... I may have the tendency to bug you** haha :wink:
  • ririwhitepaws
    ririwhitepaws Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there, just joined literally an hour ago and have discovered that I'm actually a lazy pig! Think this might be a good motivator. Looking at your post, I'm now thinking I should set myself a target.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Welcome Karen and add me if you like! This site has worked well for me and plenty of others, and there are lots of great and supportive people too! :flowerforyou:
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Glad you like it! I love this app! Hope you find support and encouragement on here!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I believe it's possible, even without knowing when your summer season starts. Please don't focus exclusively on weight - I have a number of MFP friends who are losing inches faster than they are losing pounds. I am only just learning how to make the best use of the site myself, but at the good advice from people on the forums, I've measured myself and will track more than just weight.

I'd love to be one of your MFP friends, if you want to add me. I'm on every day and I'm completely motivated to get healthy.

Have fun!
  • Focusonfifty
    Focusonfifty Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome...One day at a time. Start with small goals that lead to your final destination. Remember it's a lifestyle change and a journey that doesn't end. You have to be consistent to see and maintain progress. MFP is good for motivation as well as to help you "see" what you're actually eating as well as your calorie burn. Good luck and stay focus. Add me if you like.:flowerforyou:
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Welcome friend! Go full bore! U can do anything!
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Good luck. The thing about MFP is that it holds you accountable with your daily numbers and that in itself is a huge diet aid!