In need of encouragement and that "extra push"

Options
I have a significant amount of weight to lose. I started working with a trainer 2x wkly and doing zumba 1x a wk. My trainer has me scheduled for my first 5k in May. I want to be more than ready. My husband is all for me losing weight m yet he doesnt care that I am over weight. He just doesn't seem to "get it." He doesnt know how to be supportive when I am having a food melt down bc I didnt meet my calories or bc I am really craving something I shouldnt have and it would put me over my calories. I would love tips and encouragement. I am trying hard. I have lost 23lbs in the last 4wks with lots more to go.

Replies

• myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    hang in there! you're really doing awesome :) its hard when others aren't as supportive as you need them to be - your husband may not understand how hard weightloss can be.
  • ilovesabrinamycat
    Options
    Hello! I'm glad you've got some ambitious goals. You've done a great job so far losing 23lbs in the last month or so! I have been on this site for a while but just started using the features outside of just exercise/calorie tracking. I don't know how helpful I will be in terms of tips, but I would be pleased to offer encouragement. I'm looking for motivation more than anything on this site. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • chrissiepooh
    chrissiepooh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I've been there, I did weight watchers a while back, lost 28 lbs but wasn't motivated to do much more, so I fell off the wagon and then I found this site....if you want, you can friend me and I'll do my best to help motivate. I also blog my weight loss journey daily so that I can help motivate and inspire others to do the same, so if you want, check it out and friend me on here and we can help keep each other motivated :happy:

http://eatbloginspire.wordpress.com
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    No, I dont think he does know how to support me. I am excited about how a workout went and I tell him and all he can say is are you sure you can do a 5k bc youre not running yet.. uuuggghhhh He absolutely doesnt get it..
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    No, I dont think he does know how to support me. I am excited about how a workout went and I tell him and all he can say is are you sure you can do a 5k bc youre not running yet.. uuuggghhhh He absolutely doesnt get it..

I did my first 5k last May and probably only started running in late March. I did the Couch to 5k program. I didn't quite get to finish the program, but I did my first race with a few walk breaks. I am still working on building endurance to run the whole race through, but I keep hitting health related snags and haven't gotten to a point where I can run for more than 11 or 12 minutes without taking a short walk break.
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Ty! A friend of mine printed out that program for ,e this week. I briefly glanced at it. It's good to know that it helped you! I may be starting that then this week :happy: