Haven't lost in 2 weeks - anyone want to peek at my diary?

Options

Replies

• ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Your macros are way, way off. No where NEAR enough protein is the most important thing, followed by too much sugar & carbs.
  • castaliavt
    castaliavt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I do work out regularly. I was a cross fitter for a year or so but have an elbow injury that I'm working through. So I haven't been to crossfit in a few months. Instead i'm hitting my elliptical every chance I get and am also doing lots of squats, lunges, sit ups, etc (that I haven't been logging because I'm lazy) :-)

So regarding the sugar - most days I would be fine on sugar if it weren't for milk and fruit intakes. I did have a little maple syrup on my pancakes this morning and ate a couple of homemade cookies. For some reason, I always thought that added sugar (like my cookies) is worse than natural sugar like fruit.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I agree with others, try eating more. You're way under on several days that I looked at.
  • Jadesmommy2003
    Jadesmommy2003 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Your body may plateu if you are study. Use the BMR tool under tools and calculate your basil metabolic rate. Take that calorie total and subtract 100-200 calories.
    Look for substitutions. I eat my heaviest meal in the morning which is actually a concoction I developed over time for a higher need of protein. You are welcome to friend me to look at my diary. I susbstitute unsweetened almond milk for non-fat milk because it is 35 calories for a one cup serving versus 100-110 calories per cup for non-fat milk. As the day goes on I keep the carbs low. Skinny cow products are my friend for chocolate and also brookside dark chocolate covered acai and blueberries or pomagranates. On serving is 27 pieces and only 180 calories and 29 carbs. Boulder Canyon makes great chipotle cheese chips that are rice and azuki bean and they are only 7 grams of fat and 17 carbs for 20 chips that are large and great in salsa whihch is also low calorie.
    Finally if you are short calories, drink a V8 fusion light. My favorite is mango peach. Tastes like a fancy mango drink. So good. I forgot the most important thing,,,, stay positive and visualize how you want to look and everytime you make a choice tell yourself it is to burn calories.

I use a fitbit too to help challenge. That is an awesome tool. You give new meaning to your own worst enemy. You become challenge your friends or you challenge yourself just to make your goals and get the visual awards. Check it out at fitbit.com. I plateaued after losing 113 pounds with my band and got stuck at the last 40 which is why I joined here. I have lost inches, found new motivation and friend, and I love my fitbit.
    Hope this helps,
    Crystal
    Crystal
  • jusnwoop
    jusnwoop Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Based on the very quick look I had, could it be too much water? I noticed that you seem to have 9 or more cups a day. You might be retaining some of this fluid intake. Maybe step it back a little bit to 8 cups maximum?
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Try eating more protein and cutting back on the carbs
    I agree with this!
  • castaliavt
    Options
    I keep saying I'm going to eat more protein, but I never end up with enough. I'll make a better effort this week to ramp it up. I'll keep to just 1 afternoon latte this week and see if that helps with the sugar intake. I don't know if I want to cut out fruit though.
  • crystal84rose
    crystal84rose Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I only looked at the past 5 days or so but I did notice that you are exercising and not eating back your calories. Lots of people on here that I've talked to say that if you exercise you need to eat the calories that you burn. I'm not great about eating all my exercise calories either but it's something to try for a week or two and see if that changes anything (I know it sounds weird to eat more to try to lose but people swear by it!) :happy:
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Title says it all...I've been the same weight for 2 weeks and according to the scale today, I'm actually up a 1/2 lb, but I'm not going to record it till tomorrow, just in case it goes back down. Frustrated!
    You are way under your calories, and not with the healthiest foods. I would recommend clean, one ingredient, whole foods, packed with protein, watch those carbs, and drink alot of water. If you want, you can check my diary. though Im a noobie, i have been told my diet looks good.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'm probably a little less extreme, but just be patient. Two weeks doesn't seem like enough time to panic. Our bodies mark time in their own special ways... maybe just wait before making any changes.
  • castaliavt
    Options
    I was gaining weight when I was eating more. I really don't want to gain back everything I've been working to lose. That would suck.

I didn't think there was such a thing as too much water??? After an hour on the elliptical today I was thirsty! and I drank a liter of water while I was running. And I ran around outside for almost 2 hrs with my son - sledding, snowshoeing and building an igloo. We both drank a ton of water when we came inside.
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sodium?
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I would agree that you might want to play with your macros.

For myself, I needed to lower my carbs to 45% and spread the other 10% out in protein and fat.

Also, do you elevate your heart rate significantly when your workout and/or break a good sweat for most of it? I can't tell if you're using a heart rate monitor, although I can see you get plenty of time, which is great!
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Try eating more protein and cutting back on the carbs
    I agree with this!
    100% agree
  • brentsblog
    brentsblog Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Lower your carbs and up your protein.

There was a study done I couldn't find the link sorry but there was 2 groups of women who ate the same amount of calories, did the same exercise over 12 months. They were in 2 groups high protein / low carb the other group had high carb / low protein same amount of calories.

The women who had the higher protein lower carb diet lost twice as much weight as those women who had high carb lower protein and they were both consuming the same amount of calories.

I work out twice a day sometimes and limit my carbs to 150g and its mostly under 150g majority of the time.

I think if you switch it up to say lower your carbs to 100g a day up your protein in a month or two you will see a big difference.
  • bansheechick
    Options
    You are eating too many carbs. Cookies and panckaes? On a diet???
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I didn't go back but about 5 days, and I see a significant trend ...

Your protein intake is routinely HALF of your goals, while you are typically AT or OVER on carbs and sugars. You need to get more protein in your diet. If you want to go over on something in your diet, make it fiber or protein. Keep sodium, fat, carbs, and sugars in check.
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You are burning tons of calories- do you use a heart rate monitor? If not there's a possibility you aren't burning as much as you think (mvp says double calories burned than my hrm does).
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Quick glance over a few days not enough protein, too much carbs and sugar and sometime fat. Eat cleaner, when you are limiting your calories you need to make them count. Food that is nutritionally dense, no junk. Good luck!