What is the best workout video for weight loss?

Options
PLEASE HELP

I am currently doing 30 DS and am not seeing much weight loss. So I would like to know which video workout have you lost the most pounds with, not just inches? I really need to lose at least 15 pounds before august.

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i would like to know too. i did 30ds as well and didn't have good results from it. I am doing it again just to see if i will get similar results or not.. after it's done i wanted to try something else too for weight loss but around that 30min time frame...
  • brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i use tae bo and elliptical machine :) taebo... lost 5lb first week :) 1lb each week consistently. real results realll fast
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i can't even get through 30DS so props to you guys! i have Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home dvd and i like it. she's a bit annoying.. but the one i have is 5 miles in an hour and it goes by so fast! i also have Richard Simmons' Sweatin to the Oldies and i seriously LOVE it. the workout is about an hour and it's fun and silly AND a great workout :) check it out :) i got my copy on amazon for like 5 bucks.
  • inr0myr
    inr0myr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I downloaded Jillian Michaels 30 Days Shred from Torrent yesterday. I did Level 1 today. It's a great workout video! I am planning to do it in the morning and jog in the evening for 30 minutes.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    p90x 1 and 2 and insanity if you can torrent them or borrow them from someone... they are worth paying some money for just not the full 150 :\
  • tuck1jl
    tuck1jl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Richard Simmons is amazing! I have almost all his videos. I also have most of the Biggest Loser DVDs. They make a nice variety to choose from. I also do step aerobics with Cathae. They are intense. I have found that incorporating some of the P90x workouts into my routine increase my endurance & calorie burn:)
  • megannicolex33
    Options
    I do Turbo Jam and love it! I've been doing it for a little over a month and I've lost 10 pounds and 14 inches. I don't know if those results are typical, but it works really well for me. Chalene Johnson is awesome, give it a try! :)
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have been using Kettle worx and it combines the use of a kettlebell weight and exercises. The video set has days of cardio, days of resistance and days to work on your core. I feel like a sweatball after a 20 minutes workout, so I know it is burning lots of calories.

http://tv.kettleworx.com/?uid=PT1_GS1_DFATAG&gclid=CIj0hbzVuq4CFYfAKgodU2MTHg
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo works wonders
  • lin7604
    Options
    are any of those mentioned around the 30 min mark?
  • robino419
    Options
    I was also going to suggest Turbo Jam. If I remember correctly there are some workouts in there in 30min or less. Some of the Biggest Loser videos are great too!
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I would have to say Turbo Jam...or even if you have Netflix, there is a 10 minute solution kickboking bootcamp on there that is great too!
    Edited to add that Jillian Michael's Shred it with weights kettlebell workout is a great cardio workout with the resistance of a kettlebell.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You don't need a video.

Go outside and walk/jog/run. Do jumping jacks. Do body squats. Do push ups. Do lunges. Do burpees. Do hip raises. Do dips. Do planks. Do supermen. Do high knees.

There. All free. All doable in 30 minutes or less.
  • MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I USE LESLIE SANSONE DVD'S , JUST STARTED DOING THE BIGGEST LOSER DVDS THEY REALLY ARE GOOD..PEACE ISSY
  • PeaceLoveTrees
    PeaceLoveTrees Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the *****cat Dolls exercise dance dvd, the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader hot body bootcamp, Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, and Billy Blanks Ripped Extreme. The *****cat Dolls dvd is a good work out, but I feel kind of silly dancing all sexual as a work out. I've done it like twice because of that alone but it works your legs HARD. The DC Cheerleaders is good strength training but you rest between every move which annoys me, I LOVE my JM 30 Day Shred and the Billy Blanks dvd kicked my *kitten*. It's pretty advanced and I am not really up to par yet, my back hurt for 3 days after attempting it. I want to work my way up to it. I would recommend the Shred and any Billy Blanks dvds, cause it's an awesome work out (tae bo) and who doesn't love Billy Blanks?! I also look up cardio routines online (I use Pinterest) and do those when I'm short on time or the boyfriend is hogging the tv playing Call of Duty. I've found some really good work outs that way, so don't rule out writing down a work out, putting on some music, and goin for it! I tried P90x with my mom and absolutely hated it, but maybe I'll try it again once my endurance and strength is built up.
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    i can't even get through 30DS so props to you guys! i have Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home dvd and i like it. she's a bit annoying.. but the one i have is 5 miles in an hour and it goes by so fast! i also have Richard Simmons' Sweatin to the Oldies and i seriously LOVE it. the workout is about an hour and it's fun and silly AND a great workout :) check it out :) i got my copy on amazon for like 5 bucks.

Thank God I'm not the only one!! I can't seem to do the 30 day shred either, just goes to show how outta shape I am I guess! I can ride my exercise bike for an hour, treadmill for 40 minutes, do strength training at the gym, but I just can't make it thru that darn video!
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Thank God I'm not the only one!! I can't seem to do the 30 day shred either, just goes to show how outta shape I am I guess! I can ride my exercise bike for an hour, treadmill for 40 minutes, do strength training at the gym, but I just can't make it thru that darn video!
    [/quote]

i think because Jillian does the circuit training, it's just too much for my asthma. i can do the floor work, but the jumping jacks and other cardio is just too much for my lungs!

i love, LOVE kickboxing and step aerobics, too. but i also can't do them like i want to because of my dang asthma. i keep telling myself i'll build up to them, but so far i haven't. i have the 10 minute solutions (50 minutes if you do it all together) of kickboxing dvd and then i have some sort of step aerobics dvd also. (i think it was mentioned above)

good luck to you! just find what you enjoy and don't be afraid to branch out and try something new.
  • lin7604
    Options
    You don't need a video.

Go outside and walk/jog/run. Do jumping jacks. Do body squats. Do push ups. Do lunges. Do burpees. Do hip raises. Do dips. Do planks. Do supermen. Do high knees.

There. All free. All doable in 30 minutes or less.

yes very true but i can tell you i WON"T do it! if i have to make a effort in putting a dvd in, for some reason i will do it... i know strange otherwise i will make every excuse not to do it. i guess i need someone to tell me what tpo do, when to stop and when to change exercises...
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump..... : )

****definitely a post to keep an eye on for some good info!
    thanks
  • FootFrenzy
    FootFrenzy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I just got the Kettleworx dvds too! I am recovering from foot/achilles tendon surgery. I LOVE that Kettleworx is not a lot of jumping; but you are sweating your butt off within the first two minutes. I have not exercised in several months because of my foot and I cannot tell you how SORE I was! Let me know how you like it and which dvds you like best!!!

Thanks!