Waist: 31.5
Hips: 38
Naval: 33.5
Thigh: 22
Arm: 12
Neck: 13.5
Weight: 162-160

Before Goals:
I wanted to get off a weight plateau. I had been in the 160-162 range for a few weeks with no inches going either. I wanted to reach the 150's.

Furthermore, I wanted my waist (and naval, hopefully) to be in the 20's. I have some loose skin there but I was hoping that it'd get toned up regardless.

My measurements for after 30 Day Shred:
Waist: 30
Hips: 38
Naval: 33
Thigh: 21.5
Arm: 12
Neck: 13
Weight: 156.5

Net Loss in Inches: 3
Net Loss in Pounds: 5.5

New measurements for Ripped in 30:
Bust: 37

Note:
I'm actually not quite sure how accurate my naval and hip measurements are because I figured out the right way to measure them in the middle of level 3. I think this means that my naval was probably bigger than I think for my before measurements. That's ok because I still lost .5 from my original post.

Also, I think I probably lost more than 3 inches altogether. I love that I lost an inch in my neck too because that was a problem area. I used to have a double chin and now I don't unless I try to have one. I wouldn't have been shocked if I had gained inches in my arms either, they are sooo much more toned. Also, I wasn't expecting much inches off my hips since I don't really have much of a butt and my hips are small in general (for my frame).

I almost made my waist goal though! I'm thinking Ripped in 30 with get me at my goal. However, here is what you all have been wanting ... before and afters:

BEFORE (side):
IMG028-1.jpg

BEFORE (front):
IMG027-1.jpg

AFTER (side):
IMG043.jpg

AFTER (front):
IMG042.jpg

Truthfully, I don't see much of a difference but I do see small improvements throughout my body so I'm glad I did 30 Day Shred. Also... my mom didn't recognize me in my new profile picture on facebook! She saw me in person a month ago! YAY!

If you wanna hear more of the details of what I did then go to my blog:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hedwighigh

I have day-to-day updates and I'll be logging for Ripped in 30 come Monday.
I'm taking the weekend off though :)

Replies

• fzafar_64
    fzafar_64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ammmmaaazng! well done for sticking to it! my dvd's in the post, am thrilled to get started, your results look great :D
  • MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! I'm so glad it worked for you! I can definitely tell the difference in the before and afters, especially in your upper rib area. There was definitely a reduction there! Congrats and I wish you continued success!
  • hedwighigh
    Options
    Thank you! I really can't wait to start Ripped in 30 and see the results.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Well done!! I have 2 more days to go on the Shred and am also planning to begin Ripped in 30 next week. There is HEAPS of info on here about The 30 Day Shred, but not so much on Ripped in 30, so I'll be interested to see how you go with it.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    great results. You may want to try keeping your carbs under 100g it may help shed the fat around tummy area. I presume when you gain it's around your tummy area and you are slim in legs and arms. I may be wrong as I just saw that you lost an amazing amount of weight already.
  • RMerendon
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. i am 5'7" and started at 153lbs. Can not wait to share my success!
  • hedwighigh
    Options
    Yea, I do mainly gain in the stomach area and my legs and arms are pretty slim.
    I used to be on a low carb diet (lost 50 pounds that way) but it's very difficult to keep the carbs down in a dorm cause I try to keep healthy food that will last a while. That's usually low calorie pop corn, oatmeal, low carb wheat bread, special k type products, fruits like apples and pears, and some raw vegetables. Meat is more difficult to keep though especially since I don't have a freezer to put it in.
    If you know of any cheap and long lasting foods that are lower in carb though, I'll be glad to know of it.
    I don't have much water weight if that's why you're suggesting lower carbs. I don't even gain water weight during that time of the month anymore and I drink more than 10 cups of water a day.
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference, good job! I think it's harder to see when we are looking at our own pictures. I just finished Ripped in 30 on Thursday and posted my before and afters a few minutes ago.
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am hoping to start the 30 day shred after I do a 1/2 marathon in April!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!