so close to giving up...

Options
13»

Replies

• lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Are you sure your heart rate monitor is working correctly? Your exercise burn seems high. I am not saying it is not right, just seems high to me.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your heart rate monitor is working correctly? Your exercise burn seems high. I am not saying it is not right, just seems high to me.

Yes it is right, I have used different ones and they are all correct.

It depends on the week, this week we did more theory but with school we are usually doing prac 3-4 hours for the days I am there? for instance the week before i did almost 500 minutes and NO i am not cutting back on exercise.
    1. it makes me happy
    2. a lot of it is compulsary which i have to do with school?

I don't see how this is harmful considering I still have 1-2 days off [er week.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Agree if you give up then you will never know what you can be in the future. You have to copy your past month of exercise and food intake and see what the theme is.....then see what is the common problem
  • georgia98_98
    georgia98_98 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    OK, FIRST OF ALL YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOU ATTITUDE - YOU CAN BE WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO BE. IF YOUR NOT LOOSING IT CAN BE ONLY ONE THING - CALORIES IN ARE NOT LESS THEN CALLORIES OUT! TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK AT YOU DIET, IS IT CLEAN AND HEALTHY?? WHAT ABOUT YOUR EXERCISE - MFP OVER COUNTS SO YOU NEED TO GET A HRM OR LOG A LOT LOWER THEN WHAT THEY TELL YOU.

IF YOU WANT IT YOU CAN HAVE IT - MAGIC IS BELIEVING IN YOURSELF, IF YOU CAN DO THAT, YOU CAN MAKE ANYTHING HAPPEN.

GOOD LUCK :)

yes i do have a HRM. I weigh everything I eat. I think my problem is that when I don't lose weight I'm like well who cares I'm never gonna lose it anyway and then eat crap :/

I disagree w/ the calories... I am @ a 4 week stop & the dr. looked @ my MFP & said I wasn't eating enough w/ my workouts... So my body has stopped losing to preserve... So it can b MANY things... He also said that clean eating is great, BUT if u start something on the wrong foot u will never follow though.. A successful diet is the diet one can adhere to. I don’t care what you’re consuming; if you cannot adhere to the menu or guidelines, you will fail... I agree w/ him!! Not knocking clean foods.. Just saying!! But I agree with the rest!!
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i would get rid of the bananas , reduce my carbs and up my protein. also make sure you are being stringent on your calorie counts as the old school calories in vs out remains true. cut back on some of that sugary carb and replace it with fiberous ,complex carbs and drink lots of water
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    i would get rid of the bananas , reduce my carbs and up my protein. also make sure you are being stringent on your calorie counts as the old school calories in vs out remains true. cut back on some of that sugary carb and replace it with fiberous ,complex carbs and drink lots of water

okay give me reasons i should cut out the banana and not have carbs?
    your body needs carbs to survive :S
  • Meganalva
    Meganalva Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I also recommend cutting way back on the work food. I know it's hard....but it's worth it, right? Those calorie numbers are huge on the items at work. I'm not sure what Red Rooster is but it can't be food that's good for you :) Pack a good lunch and snack out of there if you have the urge. Even if you packed a snack pack of 100 cal brownies when you are feeling a chocolate twinge, it'd be better than eating that other stuff. Sounds like you're exercising just fine, though! Also, for the Monster coffee....maybe try to find a lower calories replacement? Can you mix up your own iced coffee?? Just brew a big pot and then pour it into a container overnight, then make a drink of some fat-free milk, a little flavored creamer (A LITTLE), and the coffee. So yummy!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    BFP ignore the banana bit. Cutting out any fruit is stupid. Bananas are awesome (and AFFORDABLE AGAIN! YAY!)

I don't know what advice to give regarding your plateau (and for those who aren't aware a lot of her exercise is for school related stuff. Hope that's OK to put out there for you sweetie) but don't give up. Remember how you felt when you were at 213lb? It can't be better than you feel right now. It's frustrating as hell to not be losing weight but you're still at a better place than you used to be.
    I'm not sure what Red Rooster is but it can't be food that's good for you :)

Red Rooster is a fast food place in Australia. They do chicken (not fried though) The food is delicious but oh so bad for you.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    I also recommend cutting way back on the work food. I know it's hard....but it's worth it, right? Those calorie numbers are huge on the items at work. I'm not sure what Red Rooster is but it can't be food that's good for you :) Pack a good lunch and snack out of there if you have the urge. Even if you packed a snack pack of 100 cal brownies when you are feeling a chocolate twinge, it'd be better than eating that other stuff. Sounds like you're exercising just fine, though! Also, for the Monster coffee....maybe try to find a lower calories replacement? Can you mix up your own iced coffee?? Just brew a big pot and then pour it into a container overnight, then make a drink of some fat-free milk, a little flavored creamer (A LITTLE), and the coffee. So yummy!

Yeah am cutting back on work food but the Mammoth iced coffee I actually have cos my teacher recommended it as a protein drink. It has 28 grams of protein and I find the taste of normal shakes yucky.
  • gungho66
    Options
    i would just not eat banana everyday , mix it up with other fruits, i like the fiber part but would do some protein or high fiber cereal in the morning. not saying bananas are bad at all, just my opinion. I also never said "dont eat carbs, i said REDUCE THEM. but do whatever works for you.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance for 2 weeks! worst thing that will happen??? A 3-10% boost in metabolism!
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance for 2 weeks! worst thing that will happen??? A 3-10% boost in metabolism!

^^ this! If you're not losing now, maintenance won't hurt!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    i would just not eat banana everyday ,

why not? do you have a reason for this?

mix it up with other fruits,

i don't have the money to buy a bilion different types of fruits.. bananas are cheap atm

i like the fiber part but would do some protein or high fiber cereal in the morning.

see how i have oatmeal with pb nearly every morning??

not saying bananas are bad at all, just my opinion. I also never said "dont eat carbs, i said REDUCE THEM. but do whatever works for you.

not enough carbs when working out as much as i do is just going to make me dizzy
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    those that refuse to give up succeed
  • gungho66
    Options
    When you eat a banana, you consume a complex assortment of nutrients. Bananas provide potassium and simple sugars, both important for replenishing energy after heavy exertion, so bananas make a sensible snack after a workout. This healthy sweet snack contains dietary fiber that suppresses appetite, but an insulin spike triggered by the fruit's sugar could lower blood sugar levels and cause hunger. A banana's short-term effect closely matches what happens if you eat a candy bar.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/468117-do-bananas-increase-appetite/#ixzz1nStxtq13
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    When you eat a banana, you consume a complex assortment of nutrients. Bananas provide potassium and simple sugars, both important for replenishing energy after heavy exertion, so bananas make a sensible snack after a workout. This healthy sweet snack contains dietary fiber that suppresses appetite, but an insulin spike triggered by the fruit's sugar could lower blood sugar levels and cause hunger. A banana's short-term effect closely matches what happens if you eat a candy bar.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/468117-do-bananas-increase-appetite/#ixzz1nStxtq13

Which is why I couple my banana with oatmeal and pb, which keeps me fuller for longer. Would you rather I have a banana or a hand full of lollies?
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Get rid of the fast food, chocolate mousse and processed flour foods. Add at least 3-4 cups of veggies into your diet and eat regular, consistent meals 5-6 times a day that contain whole grains and lean meats. I can't tell what kind of exercise you are doing, but MFP over-estimates the calories burned. Your calories are looking kind of high, too. Talk to your doctor about sensible eating options, and take a look at the heart healthy and diabetic diet plans. Even though you are young and don't have these problems, they are safe, healthy diets.

You get plenty of calories,most just don't seem to be coming from the right places. You can try maintenance for a couple of weeks, but I think you might already be there as far as calories go. Perhaps cutting your calories down to 1200 a day, then eating back 1/2 your exercise calories ... being mindful of what you eat ... would be an options. If you eat the right foods, you will feel satisfied.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    You can do this. Get rid of the fast food, chocolate mousse and processed flour foods. Add at least 3-4 cups of veggies into your diet and eat regular, consistent meals 5-6 times a day that contain whole grains and lean meats. I can't tell what kind of exercise you are doing, but MFP over-estimates the calories burned. Your calories are looking kind of high, too. Talk to your doctor about sensible eating options, and take a look at the heart healthy and diabetic diet plans. Even though you are young and don't have these problems, they are safe, healthy diets.

You get plenty of calories,most just don't seem to be coming from the right places. You can try maintenance for a couple of weeks, but I think you might already be there as far as calories go. Perhaps cutting your calories down to 1200 a day, then eating back 1/2 your exercise calories ... being mindful of what you eat ... would be an options. If you eat the right foods, you will feel satisfied.

It's called a Heart Rate Monitor... ? and when I am at school I have been doing prac/in the gym inbetween 2-4 hours per day.
    Wow, maybe you people should look back further than just last week considering I already started I had a terrible week considering it was the anniversary of my best friends death :/ btw im not eating 1200, im not eating below my bmr i would rather lose fat thanks than muscle