How do you remind yourself to lose weight?

Options
I took all my small clothe out and put it in my closet.
How do you remind yourself to lose weight?

Replies

• p_barron
    Options
    I have my husband get on the scale so I can be jealous he has lost about 100lbs now and he only has to drink water
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I decide what I put in my mouth.
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I saw this quote on Pinterest that said something like "Tired of starting over? Stop giving up." Every time I catch myself going over on my calories or choosing one thing over another or not working out, I think of that.
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Repeat after me: "This is not a negotiation!"

I saw pictures of myself when I was thinner and my brother bought me a Wii (way too expensive, in my opinion) so I feel both obligated and ashamed to have gotten so overweight. Sadly, this is second time around for me. I was always significantly overweight, lost 120 lbs, and have gained it all back. So...here's to round two!
  • escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Watch a video clip of a singer whose body I aspire to have. Usually Shakira :smile:
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Look in the mirror or usually at some point during any given day one of my kids will poke me in the behind or leg and tell me I'm "quishy" the older two do it, they are 3 and 4.
  • Mayreni
    Mayreni Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I tape inspirational quotes, old picture of my skinny self and me now, and random pictures of women whose body closely resembles what I want to look like when I make goal, to my refrigerator and cupboards. It really works!
  • bryonysten
    Options
    The 'jiggle test'.
    Stand in front of a mirror naked and jump up and down. Eugh. Thats why.
    Thats also what your beloved sees when you make love.

Works for me, except that then I start worrying as I am running and red faced again what happens when I am wearing clothes....

A slightly more positive way is to say, 1lb a week is 4 stone in a year....
    If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Thats what she said!

This is key!
    If you eat the proper amount of food you do great!
    Proper being the amount you need to eat, then create a deficit!
    dont starve the fat off because that **** doesnt work!
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I look in a mirror. :P
  • jamja72
    jamja72 Posts: 192
    Options
    The 'jiggle test'.
    Stand in front of a mirror naked and jump up and down. Eugh. Thats why.
    Thats also what your beloved sees when you make love.

Works for me, except that then I start worrying as I am running and red faced again what happens when I am wearing clothes....

A slightly more positive way is to say, 1lb a week is 4 stone in a year....
    If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
    jiggle test....good one
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Nowadays every time i get the urge to binge, my inner motherly voice says, "Nicky, No!" And suddenly I don't have a choice anymore. And when the urge passes, I'm freaking glad I told myself off!
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I saw this quote on Pinterest that said something like "Tired of starting over? Stop giving up." Every time I catch myself going over on my calories or choosing one thing over another or not working out, I think of that.

^^This! I saw this today and it was definitely a good motivation!
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options

Thats what she said!

LMAO!!!!!!
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I posted a photo of me in a bikini (that fit, about 60 pounds less than what i am in the photo) on my bathroom mirror at home.

And in the books I take to the gym: a photo of my boyfriend as a bookmark :):)
  • YennaBean
    YennaBean Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I see my skinny husband walking around looking better in his underwear than I do in mine. Lol
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Watch a video clip of a singer whose body I aspire to have. Usually Shakira :smile:

Shakira is a great motivation. Her body is beautiful.

Also, I am making smart choices all the time. And I do not deny myself when I really want something (but my desires have changed to healthier options).
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    It's easier for me to stop and pause before eating or buying something I shouldn't have at the grocery store - I literally pause and ask myself "How badly do I want this, how guilty will I feel if I buy/eat this, how worth it is it to eat this when it means falling off-track?" 9/10 times I put it back on the shelf.
  • liljgrafix
    Options
    I have a 3ring binder that i keep up with pictures and journal enteries for every day. its called from fat to flat in 6 months. also i planned a trip to l.a. for my bday. i refuse to go without being in shape