Need some MFP friends to help me stick with it this time

Options
Hi my name is Rob, I've used this before and it helped me out, but I've been away for awhile and now I'm 20 pounds heavier, I'm tired of being uncomfortable and out of shape. Just a little about me, I am married and I have a ten month old son, I work nights as a welder. I like unhealthy food too much and I drink way too much beer...

Replies

• noexcuses84
    noexcuses84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    this is my second attempt too and i'm determined to make it work! good luck, hope to help motivate and spur u on :happy: oh n btw i really hope that isn't actual canned wombat :huh:
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess you know the reasons you've gained :) Glad you came back. You can add me for support :smile:
  • cprice05
    cprice05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple of half-a$$ed attempts but have learned that the more I get involved with MFP, the better I do. Feel free to add me!
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds over a year and half and got down to 210 but then back up to 223. Since Xmas I've lost 10 pounds and since joining this I've lost 2 (in a week). I joined to help me get past 210 and down to 200. I will send you a request and we can support each other through the journey! Good luck!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You can all add me I am new to the site but I will be happy to be any one's cheering section! I have lost 54 pounds in a little under a year. I have been on MFP for 15 days before this I kept a notebook and wow was that a P.I.T.A.
  • banditbonnie
    banditbonnie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for 30 days and have made some improvement. I've been working solo with no friend support. I would like someone to try to add me as I may have my security settings too high. Regaining my figure seemed a private matter to me, but maybe I could help someone else.
    16390144.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • scentexpress
    Options
    Hi Rob...please feel free to add me; we can use ALL the support we can get!

Having a young family, you've got a lot of stress & a difficult work schedule to deal with but you can do this. I've battled my weight my entire life but am finally winning the war! It's difficult, but I promise as long as you hang in there, you will make it! 16 yrs. ago I had my stomach stapled (unfortunately) and did manage to lose over 100lbs., however a pregnancy & about 7 years later I had gained all of the weight back. This time, however, I am doing it SIMPLY by will; no 'special, trendy, fashionable' diets, no pills, no supplements; I just decided I was sick and tired of being <
    you guessed it. I was on medicine for high blood pressure & cholesterol (actually had been on them for almost 10 years) but when the doctor informed me that I now needed to add diabetes to my list.....THAT was my defining moment. I drew the line in the sand & finally got serious with myself. I knew I wouldn't live another 10 years if I didn't make any changes...the THOUGHT of my son having to grow up without me & the problems it would cause for him was more than I could bear. My son is MY WORLD & he depends on me so I had to figure it out.

In just under 2 years, I have lost over 120lbs and I'm still going! For a girl who has been programmed & driven for 'instant results', I've rewired my brain to accept the HUGE rewards from small losses because the bottom line is: because of my smart choices, will & determination, I am feeling younger, stronger, healthier, beautiful & more inspired to change other areas in my life. Me...all me....ALL BY MYSELF! I'm so proud of myself.

You hang in there, Rob; your desire is there...let that be more powerful than your desperation. Expect the peaks & valleys but hang in there. Surround yourself with as much positve inspiration as possible, take one breath at a time, one step at a time and one moment at a time. Don't let a bad day, a weak moment or an impulsive decision derail you; forgive yourself, make amends & make a plan to try to not repeat your mistake and then move on.

I wish you the very best luck & success and again, feel free to add me. I know you can do it!!! :smile:
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Im back here too! Started Jan 2011 and lost 45lbs in 6 months. I was where I wanted to be and let it go to my head. I gained 20lbs back and am PISSED I let myself do this! Im married with 2 boys ages almost 6 and 3. Add me if youd like! I really need my friends this time to hold me accountable.
  • jackie0714
    jackie0714 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have enjoyed this site and the people, and i wish you the best of luck. I get depressed when i know I eat right and still dont lose weight but maintain. It is hard for me to motivate myself to workout cause my knees hurt so bad so i need support just to workout. I can walk away from food and too much of it. I eat small portions, just need to exercise and keep doing it. Please add me everyone and my daughter is on here and has lost a total of 75 pounds and i couldnt be prouder of her.
  • Jules6464
    Jules6464 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, this is my first time on, and I have decided to give it honest to goodness try! My first question has to do with my meal planning for the NEXT day. Will the food that I input be saved, especially if I leave the page? I am actually looking forward to taking charge of my actions!
  • scentexpress
    Options
    Hi guys, this is my first time on, and I have decided to give it honest to goodness try! My first question has to do with my meal planning for the NEXT day. Will the food that I input be saved, especially if I leave the page? I am actually looking forward to taking charge of my actions!

Yes, it should save your food entries. Welcome, b t w! Good luck & feel free to add me!!
  • Hools
    Hools Posts: 1
    Options
    I actually feel quite teary. My daughter suggested I try this and I just calculated my BMI. It says I'm obese.
    I need to lose 15 kilos, but I ALWAYS start strong then get lazy. Doesn't help that my partner is Italian and loves rich and sweet foods. I seriously need support :sad:
  • Missi3601
    Options
    This is my first try with this- I already like it because I can log everything from my phone so I'm hoping I can stick with it. Plus I'm in a wedding in four months! ahhh! Feel free to add me- I may need a kick every once in a while!