Cleans/Flush?

Options
Has anyone ever done one of these?? Ive done it once.. and i dont think it was the healthiest (saltwater flush).

Can you really lose a bunch of weight too??
Ive heard it cleans out stuff clung to your colon walls (gross)

Ive also read you have to fast for like 48 hours. Is that true?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Recommendations on brands and kits would be great too!

Replies

• LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have done 3 juice fasts over the last 6 months (google Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead) and LOVED them. I lose a little weight, it detoxes my system and when done properly it is very safe and healthy. I did it 10 days each time.
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I tried a saltwater flush along with the Master Cleanse once, the only reason I lost weight was because I couldnt keep the salt water down...and it ended up all over my kitchen floor. I have heard it works...dont know for a fact. But I have heard flaxseeds will scrub your insides just as well. I believe it's 1 cup of flaxseeds in 1 cup hot/warm water, let sit for 20-40 minutes then drink, make sure you get everything. Havent tried this either....I'm not big on cleanses, but my health freak friend is. =) good luck
  • Ady0092
    Options
    Ive done The Master Cleanse Before for 20 days and now im about to begin a water cleanse next month
  • Cherryblosm3
    Cherryblosm3 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have done 3 juice fasts over the last 6 months (google Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead) and LOVED them. I lose a little weight, it detoxes my system and when done properly it is very safe and healthy. I did it 10 days each time.

10 days?! holy moley... i dont have a juicer either :-/
  • santamommy
    Options
    They carry different brands of cleanse at Walmart that does the same thing and its safe. I lost 17 lbs on a 2 week bottle.
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    do your research on this, it's a controversial topic. Your body takes care of itself, it doesn't really need any kind of flush or detox...fiber alone keeps your colon "clean"
  • Ady0092
    Options
    do your research on this, it's a controversial topic. Your body takes care of itself, it doesn't really need any kind of flush or detox...fiber alone keeps your colon "clean"
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options

This is true!!! However, last night I ate an entire bag of Doritos and I'm feeling disgusting and sluggish and all so today and tomorrow I'm eating very very super clean (fruit, veggies, nuts) and drinking more water than usual. And because I won't be consuming many calories I am taking a rest from exercise.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    it doesnt make you lose weight..its quackery.

its not healthy..there is no such thing as 'detox' your body..your body does that already..your kidneys, liver and intenstines filter things.

enemas are dangerous..they can cause bowel perforation, epithelium damage, and a water/salt imbalance that can cause death. some of those cleanses and enemas..depending on the ingredients can cause kidney damage.

there has been life on this planet for 3 billion years..our bodies have evolved and developed to function at its best already..given proper nutrition and exercise. our bowel flora is there for a reason..just because feces is gross, doesnt mean they are causing anything bad to happen in your bowels.

there is no way to lose weight doing an enema..expect for the feces evacuation weight. everything has already been absorbed thats gonna be absorbed by the time it hits your large intestine..
  • zafferFL
    Options

This is true!!! However, last night I ate an entire bag of Doritos and I'm feeling disgusting and sluggish and all so today and tomorrow I'm eating very very super clean (fruit, veggies, nuts) and drinking more water than usual. And because I won't be consuming many calories I am taking a rest from exercise.

definitely, your own body and good clean food is all you need :)
  • kimberlyat05
    Options
    I know many people that have lost a lot of weight quickly through detoxing and cleansing. But the only ones that actually kept the weight off incorporated vigorous exercise after the diet. Once you go back to a normal diet the weight usually comes back quickly. I usually drink strong detox tea twice a day while eating a normal healthy diet. I tried the master cleanse after each meal I would eat, and it flushed all the food out right after. This seems to help me lose more weight. But a program that I know works from my friends is http://www.cleanprogram.com/. But it’s really expensive and if you look at the ingredients it’s mainly herbs and probiotics with diuretic and laxative properties, with a regiment of drinking fruit drinks and raw veggies. But I didn’t really read the site in detail after I saw the price of it. Anyways good luck and share your experiences if you decide to do the flush/cleanse thing.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Pooping cleans out your colon wall, you don't need to clean it manually
  • Cherryblosm3
    Cherryblosm3 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys. Thanks!

I was just curious! I heard you can get old fecal matter build up in your colon and its good to flush it out every now and then. Taking an herbal laxative, etc. is also good.

Thanks! :)
  • zafferFL
    Options
    Awesome guys. Thanks!

I was just curious! I heard you can get old fecal matter build up in your colon and its good to flush it out every now and then. Taking an herbal laxative, etc. is also good.

I'm pretty sure I've read that it's a total myth... which makes sense, surely fecal matter buildup would cause infection and make us sick?
  • byronguy74
    Options
    I have done a juice fast as well (two juice fast comments in one post are sure to bring out some flames!) and really liked the results. The first few days things were really moving but I dont know how much of a "cleanse" there was. I did it for 11 days and it gave me enough of a jump start to keep me on track. Since I completed the fast I have continued to juice about half of my meals so it has definitely lead to a lifestyle change for me.
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have done a juice fast as well (two juice fast comments in one post are sure to bring out some flames!) and really liked the results. The first few days things were really moving but I dont know how much of a "cleanse" there was. I did it for 11 days and it gave me enough of a jump start to keep me on track. Since I completed the fast I have continued to juice about half of my meals so it has definitely lead to a lifestyle change for me.

I agree with this. I don't know exactly what you are wanting to "cleanse" you body of but the absolute most amazing thing about a juice fast was it got rid of ALL my cravings. By the end yes I was hungry and ready to eat but gone were the cravings of fried food, sugar, caffeine and I craved fruit, veggies, whole food. And it was the only and I mean only way I have been able to kick my Diet Dr. Pepper habit of 20 years. No lie. Full on addiction. I quit cold turkey and couldn't touch the stuff after. It was just gross. I occasionally have a real sugar Coke or IBC root beer (about 2 times a month) and that is more than enough and a treat. But I don't crave it anymore.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys. Thanks!

Your body does this all by itself, these "cleanses" & "detoxes" are the equivalent to snake oil. If you want to waste your money send it to me! LOL