I love MFP!

Options
I started using MFP in January this year. I've struggled over the last few months to shed the last 5 kilos. A year ago I was 115kg's and had enough with feeling unwell and generally like crap. I radically changed my food intake and took up regular exercise. A year later I lost 35kg's but wanted to go down to 75kg's. With the help of MFP I'm now down to 77. I am so happy with the ease of use of MFP. Its great.

I would now love to share my experience with others. Add me!

Replies

• mickyjg
    Options
    That's a fantastic achievement .. well done

I must admit I'm struggling to see what MFP offers other than a place to record how much you eat and exercise?

Am I missing something ?
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    I only speak of my own experience, but as far as I'm concerned weight loss is pretty much calories in, calories out. Keeping a food diary such as MFP is a sure fire way of keeping an accurate record of your food intake and what you expend by way of exercise. Granted its tedious but when you start seeing weight come off I assure you that you want to be recording everything you eat. You may be surprised. Furthermore, the very act of recording your food may stop you from eating the wrong foods as the guilt from having to record it is enough to make you think twice before opening that bag of potato chips etc.
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Oh, thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it.
  • Slimtara
    Slimtara Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic achievement .. well done

I must admit I'm struggling to see what MFP offers other than a place to record how much you eat and exercise?

Am I missing something ?

It's the community: the daily support; the wise words, the encouragement on the low days; and the high fives on the highs. There are those on long journeys; with big health issues; and others with a little to lose who need a bit of a shove to get to the goal...

The logging is critical to me; I was eating way over what I needed daily. But mostly I have a world wide network of pals who are spurring me on every hour of every day! It's what has made me succeed this time.

T