Does one's Journey really ever end?

Options
nsblue
nsblue Posts: 331 Member
When I see people post pics of their successes and their accomplishments it is so wonderful to see. Like an ending to a long task that is very hard.. .but in getting close to my goal now myself, I wonder if the "hard" part is really over..... surely maintaining a weight, never to go back as before will be just as much a struggle to stay there.... so really...is the journey really ever over?

Guess it's what you call life and living.... being ever mindful of a situation that can slip into that danger zone if not watched.... and it is sooo easy to slip back into old patterns if not careful. One can spiral out of control easily enough and get caught up in the emotional eating....having a person in your life to grab hold of you and remind you to get back on track is so important... we all need that helping hand to keep us on track, for which i am ever thankful of in my life to have. Accountability is so important.... we can hide so well, but being accountable to friends.... keeps us honest... but those friends who will remain true and be the one over our shoulder... reminding us are few and are such a blessing. A safety net much needed.

Having been 600 pounds 2 1/2 years ago.. is alot to get one's head wrapped around, especially now fitting into clothes in a "normal" store lol. The body may have "lost" weight, but the mind still thinks "big" and takes time to assimulate. Many things to get "use to" even friends who may treat you differently, heck even society treats you differently.... so many things to get use to. People look at me now, they don't see the scars below, whether invisible or visible they are there.... if they seen them would they act differently? But I guess that is a cross section of life... there will be always those that judge... somethings you never escape.... so the struggles continue in life.... there is no ending... just a continuing journey IMO.

In less than a month, on March 20th I will finally have my hernia repair. A reminder of neglecting my health finally repaired (my gut is fully outside my abdominal wall) Life will change for me again that day. Doc says I could lose 20-50lbs in the skin removal alone for the repair. Having not to wear clothes to camophlage a large hernia will definitely be different.... so watch out world lol.

For those of you struggling along your journey... you are not alone.... keep working at yourself n be proud of your accomplishments. It's a long hard one but it's so rewarding. Health especially. Having been on blood pressure meds and 170 units of insulin a day and now on nothing feels so good. Not to mention the energy I feel to do things I never did before... everything is so worth it. Keep to your plan, you will accomplish what you've set out to do.

So here's a few befores... and presents lol... for my "afters" is a continuing saga in this journey of mine....
BEFORE:
6283114_7149.jpg
6283114_2224.jpg
6283114_4315.jpg
6283114_4359.jpg
6283114_9139.jpg
PICTURE AFTER SEEING SURGEON FEB25TH 2011 AT 430lbs:by dec was 238lbs before vsg surgery.
6283114_617.jpg
WALKING ... taken by chronicle herald story
6283114_1210.jpg
6283114_5690.jpg
6283114_419.jpg
6283114_648.jpg
6283114_4413.jpg
6283114_1248.jpg
6283114_3311.jpg

Replies

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration. Best of luck as you enter the next phase of your journey.
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    that is amazing, the difference is incredible you look great! well done, you are an inspiration to many people x
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    You have come so far and have a lot of insight on the ongoing journey. Congrats to you!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are a ROCK STAR! :flowerforyou:
  • lilfurson
    Options
    Wow totally blown away. You will be an inspiration for me and so many others. You're amazing!
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Wowee! You are so beautiful, what an inspiration! And in answer to your question, NO. The journey never stops. :smile:
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    You look stunning! Well done, awesome effort. :)
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! AMAZING! I needed this today, as I am sure others did too!!! Congrats, here is to now and the future, and even more positive changes to come. :flowerforyou:
  • hlouisej
    Options
    Wow. What an amazing story. Keep up the good work.
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Oh my word! You are truly an inspiration.

Hats off to you for the hard work and dedication. I am so moved!

:flowerforyou:

Brightest Blessings on your continual journey!

Marie Anna
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Girl, you have just renewed my spirit! :flowerforyou:
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are truly amazing and determined. Well as to the fight, nope, diligence has to be a habit for us now. But hopefully good habits formed during our weight loss period will stand us in good stead in out life on the Maintenance wagon. Kind of like being a recovered alcoholic who has to stay away from booze. We will always need to be on top of our food and make smart, healthy, choices but that will perhaps inspire others to make healthy choices also, as they watch you stay healthy over time they will say to themselves "well she's keeping it off perhaps I can get off my fat *kitten* and do it too". Good luck and you are an amazing role model.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Wow, i was gonna simply say No to the journey question, but seen ur before and after pics! That is amazing, how awesome! U look awesome! I bet u feel sooo much better to! Congrats and no the journey never ends! Not to me anyways! U always need to watch it! I ended my journey once and ended up bigger then the 100 lbs i had originally lost! So watch it and keep doing what u r doing! U rock!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!
  • Julesbriff
    Julesbriff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Amazing story - you look fantastic and a massive inspiration. I do not feel my journey will end when I acheive my goal weight. I honestly do not think the journey ends. As you you quite rightly said it is very easy to slip back into bad habits. I am determined to continue with this program on a maintenance level to keep my ideal weight.
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wow that is SO AMAZING! Thank you for sharing with us. You are such an inspiration! All the best to you in yor ongoing journey :flowerforyou:
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    good job; your weight loss is amazing.
  • nlbress
    Options
    You look amazing! So much hard work! And no, I don't think the "journey" ever ends. It's about a new lifestyle...and a new life...and that's ongoing until your body expires.
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    *applause*
    :D

U are such an inspiration...!!!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    When I see people post pics of their successes and their accomplishments it is so wonderful to see. Like an ending to a long task that is very hard.. .but in getting close to my goal now myself, I wonder if the "hard" part is really over..... surely maintaining a weight, never to go back as before will be just as much a struggle to stay there.... so really...is the journey really ever over?

Guess it's what you call life and living.... being ever mindful of a situation that can slip into that danger zone if not watched.... and it is sooo easy to slip back into old patterns if not careful. One can spiral out of control easily enough and get caught up in the emotional eating....having a person in your life to grab hold of you and remind you to get back on track is so important... we all need that helping hand to keep us on track, for which i am ever thankful of in my life to have. Accountability is so important.... we can hide so well, but being accountable to friends.... keeps us honest... but those friends who will remain true and be the one over our shoulder... reminding us are few and are such a blessing. A safety net much needed.

Having been 600 pounds 2 1/2 years ago.. is alot to get one's head wrapped around, especially now fitting into clothes in a "normal" store lol. The body may have "lost" weight, but the mind still thinks "big" and takes time to assimulate. Many things to get "use to" even friends who may treat you differently, heck even society treats you differently.... so many things to get use to. People look at me now, they don't see the scars below, whether invisible or visible they are there.... if they seen them would they act differently? But I guess that is a cross section of life... there will be always those that judge... somethings you never escape.... so the struggles continue in life.... there is no ending... just a continuing journey IMO.

In less than a month, on March 20th I will finally have my hernia repair. A reminder of neglecting my health finally repaired (my gut is fully outside my abdominal wall) Life will change for me again that day. Doc says I could lose 20-50lbs in the skin removal alone for the repair. Having not to wear clothes to camophlage a large hernia will definitely be different.... so watch out world lol.

For those of you struggling along your journey... you are not alone.... keep working at yourself n be proud of your accomplishments. It's a long hard one but it's so rewarding. Health especially. Having been on blood pressure meds and 170 units of insulin a day and now on nothing feels so good. Not to mention the energy I feel to do things I never did before... everything is so worth it. Keep to your plan, you will accomplish what you've set out to do.

So here's a few befores... and presents lol... for my "afters" is a continuing saga in this journey of mine....
    BEFORE:
    6283114_7149.jpg
    6283114_2224.jpg
    6283114_4315.jpg
    6283114_4359.jpg
    6283114_9139.jpg
    PICTURE AFTER SEEING SURGEON FEB25TH 2011 AT 430lbs:by dec was 238lbs before vsg surgery.
    6283114_617.jpg
    WALKING ... taken by chronicle herald story
    6283114_1210.jpg
    6283114_5690.jpg
    6283114_419.jpg
    6283114_648.jpg
    6283114_4413.jpg
    6283114_1248.jpg
    6283114_3311.jpg

OMG! You have done such a great job making yourslef healthy!!!! Unbelievable!!! YOU are an inspiration to us all! Congratulations a million times over on your weight loss. YOU LOOK AMAZING!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!