Coffee mug cake (with Nutella)

Options

Replies

• Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yes. Congrats on your first goal being met. Great job!
  • cbrewer904
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • ejoy319
    ejoy319 Posts: 104
    Options
    Sounds yummy... thanks for sharing!!
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I am sorta new what does it mean to "bump" :blushing:
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    AND ~~~~ you wonder why "it's taking so long"........

carbs (processed are the devil!)... drive insulin and insulin drives fat.....

do the research friends!!

You don't "need" a 'treat'.....you need to learn what foods are good for you and which are not! Good healthy foods can be fun and filling! I don't mean celery, I mean "real foods".

Don't make excuses....JUST GET ON IT AND GET HEALTHY!

(shaking head..........when will they learn..... :-/ )

Apparently, denying oneself an occasional treat makes one grumpy. Either that, or someone had their cornflakes piddled in this morning... :huh:

Anyhoo -- I've been making this for *ages*. Angel food cake mix is the main ingredient because it already contains the egg whites needed to produce cake, and any other flavor cake mix works great. My current mix uses Betty Crocker Decadent Supreme Cinnamon Swirl cake mix (which uses Cinnabon cinnamon - yum!), and I top it with either fat free whipped cream or make a glaze with a little powdered sugar/skim milk/fat-free cream cheese.

Makes a great snack to take to work for an afternoon coffee break :)
  • chellefatfree
    chellefatfree Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I am sorta new what does it mean to "bump" :blushing:

On most forums it just bumps it to the top of the topic page so that more people can see it, as it would be 'new'. Here, it's people posting so that it shows up in their topics so they can view it later... I think.
  • springs3333
    Options
    Yum! Bump:)
  • Bookluver81
    Bookluver81 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Can't wait to try it.
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!!
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just made it for the first time! Used sugar free Devil's Food cake mix with the Angel Food for 98 calories. Added 2 T of Reddi Whip for another 15 and had a nice little treat.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! Gotta try this! Mmmmmm love me some cake!
  • Rivka007
    Rivka007 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!! I am a "salt" person myself, but my daughter is crazy about sweets. I'm trying to teach her "moderation," so this will be perfect for her!!!
  • eyewonder2
    Options
    I'm definately trying this..Thanks for sharing
  • christibam
    Options
    Just made it for the first time! Used sugar free Devil's Food cake mix with the Angel Food for 98 calories. Added 2 T of Reddi Whip for another 15 and had a nice little treat.

What does Devil's Food cake taste like? Please tell me it's chocolaty? lol I'd love to shed more calories off this for a more common desert.
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I finally made this and it is Awesome! The nutella on top is a nice touch.
  • Mollyqr
    Options
    Bump
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options

What does Devil's Food cake taste like? Please tell me it's chocolaty? lol I'd love to shed more calories off this for a more common desert.
    Devil's food cake is chocolaty and yummy!! This is something I will have to try next time my husband decides he wants cake.
  • christibam
    Options
    I finally made this and it is Awesome! The nutella on top is a nice touch.

Glad you liked it!

I think next time I make it, I'm going to put a small Reese's cup inside of the mix before I microwave it instead of Nutella. Or both... not sure yet. I have 9.8 more lbs to go before I'm having it again and I'm sure I'll figure it out by then. I've had a real craving for Reese's cup pie lately and I think that should really do the trick.
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Yes, Devils Food is chocolate. The Sugar Free Devil's Food (pillsbury or duncan hines, I forget which) has 120 cals in 1/4 cup of dry mix vs. 150-180 in regular (non-sugar free) mixes.