To Scared to Date

Options
2»

Replies

• HatFullOfCrazy
    HatFullOfCrazy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Coming from a background of very low self-esteem myself, I have a suggestion for you.

Get yourself a journal and EVERY DAY write at least ONE positive thing about yourself. It can be anything from the very simple to the very complicated. Small accomplishments, large accomplishments, anything so long as it is POSITIVE. For example:

I have kind eyes
    I look nice in blue
    today I chose cool whip & fruit instead of ice cream. I felt proud for making a smart decision

Seriously even simple positive thoughts can begin to change your thought patterns. If it is difficult to do this about yourself, think of a person you really don't like (at work maybe) and every day write something positive about them. It will not always be easy, but I promise you it will be worth it to break free from that negative cycle.

You are beautiful and strong and worthy of love. You deserve to be happy.
    Just remember happiness does not always come in the package that you expect.
    Best of luck to you!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting back into dating after a long term relationship. It's definitely scary! Just keep working on yourself through MFP and it will hopefully increase your confidence.