Anyone want to join my "Finish Summer Fit" challenge???

Options
I return back to nursing school August 31st, and I've lost 27 lbs since school ended May 1st...and I'd REALLY LOVE to get an additional 20-23 lbs off....and be 50 lbs lighter when I walk into class that day. Anyone with me? Finish out the summer with a BANG??? We would weigh in weekly...like every Monday...and post....your information...starting today...here's mine....

Starting weight 04*15*09 (when i began my journey)

Current weight: 196 (07*06*09)

Goal for August 31st: 173

I need accountability...I hope others will join!

Replies

• MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Wow, first I envy you for losing so much. I wanted to lose like 20 pounds this summer before going back to school. But so far... nothing! I've been stuck here at 180 FOREVER.

So, yes, I would love to join your challenge. Because even though 20 is definitely out of the question for me, I'd love to shoot for 10.

Starting weight: 195
    Current weight: 180
    Goal for August 31st: 170
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'll join to!

Starting weight: 151
    Current weight: 151
    Goal for August 31st: 138
  • tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I will join too.Starting weight:July 6:179, Goal for Aug 31st :168. If I lose more , great .But 10 lbs seems very doable right now.:smile:
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I would love to join too!! I've been looking for a group to join and this would be perfect b/c I really find summer motivating to eat healthy and get outside and exercise!

And wow, you've done great... 27lbs lost! What an inspiration.

Starting weight: 185
    Current weight: 179.5
    August 31st goal: 165 (160 would be awesome though!!)
  • timeforchange
    Options
    Hey Mrsprazak! I'm on summer vacation from nursing school too! And I too would LOVE to walk back into classes looking awesome! So count me in!!!
    Starting Weight 201lbs
    Current Weight 191 lbs (i've been stuck here for over a month)
    Goal Weight for September 1 - 170 lbs
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    Oh I want in!!!...I'm glad u started this up...because i feel odd just jumping into an already started group :)

Starting weight 144lbs
    Current weight 131lbs
    Goal weight by Aug 31st. 110lbs
  • shereen647
    Options
    Im in please. I just started to lose but I need an extra umph to really be acccountable.

Starting weight: 200
    current weight:199
    goal weight: by august 31: 175
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I would love to join too. Thanks for starting this.

Today's weight 212lbs
    Goal Weight 197lbs.

Does 15lbs seem doable?

Good luck everyone! I know we can do this!! Let's rock this thing!!!

Memaw
  • anewday
    anewday Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was going through posts today just wishing a new group was here for me to join. Thank you so much! I weighed myself this morning, not very happy at all. I thought I was down, I gained 3 lbs this holiday weekend. Time to focus, I def. need the support and accountability.

7/06 - 128
    7/13 -
    7/20 -
    7/27 -
    8/03 -
    8/10 -
    8/17 -
    8/24 -
    8/31 -

Goal Weight - 112

I would love to be 100 but I'm setting myself a challenging but doable goal of 16 lbs Good Luck Everyone!
  • mrsprazak05
    mrsprazak05 Posts: 109
    Options
    Welcome Ladies!! I, too, felt akward joining a group that had already started. I actually joined June Starters...like on June 30th....so I was a bit behind...so I wanted a fresh start!! I hope we can keep each other motivated...and I know if I have accountability and am "weighing in" once a week...then I'm more apt to stick to it! Thank you ladies for your kind words on my weight loss. I've been working hard, and truly am proud of what I've accomplished. I do have one question...do you ladies want to keep this as just accountability...or more of a competition?? I have a biggest losers program for excel...and it can calculate week by week how much you've lost (by percentage)...and we'd have a weekly winner...just an idea...some use competition as motivation...some don't ...just let me know...and we can begin with Monday's weigh in if you'd like! Again...WELCOME! I'm so excited to keep losing!!!
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm in!! Great idea for those of us that missed out on other threads! :flowerforyou:

Starting weight: 177.2
    Current weight: 175.8
    Goal 08/31/09 - 167 (fingers crossed! the older you get, the harder it gets to lose it!:cry: )
  • briansurv
    briansurv Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Gee, can a guy get in on this fun? Don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable though. If so, I'm in.
  • mrsprazak05
    Options
    You're in Brian!!! Welcome!
  • mrsprazak05
    Options
    Okay...so I"m going to start a new thread...called "FIT BY FALL"....and that's where we'll go for weigh in's and such...HOPE EVERYONE IS EVICTING OBESITY TODAY!!! There's not room in our lives for being unhealthy!!!
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    I'm inspired by your great attitude and your weight loss! I'd like to join your group, but don't know if I'm supposed to join only this thread and/or the "Fit for Fall" thread.

My high weight was 223.
    June 2nd at 214
    June 29 at 204
    July 6 at 202