5 foot and under club :)

Options
Hi everyone.

Looking for support from people short like me. It seems like is it so much harder for us to get rid of the pounds and to be at a healthy weight.

I'm 4'11" on a good day lol. My goal weight to be by June is around 140lbs. I'm just around 170 now. Even at 140, I'm still considered overweight. My doctor wants me to be like 110lbs, but I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable at that weight.

Anyone else feel the same way I do?

I hate being so short sometimes :( lol

-Kelly

Replies

• mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm aiming for 129 but I'd be happy at 136. I'm always shocked at how low people want to go, it's just not achievable for me and my body type (chunky!) I'm 5 foot exactly.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Me!

Like you, 4'11 on a good day! I'm around 130 right now and want to be around 115 if possible. I think the worse part about being short is the fact that it's so noticeable when you gain weight!
  • emfilomena
    Options
    BMI is a load of crap, in my personal opinion. I'm 5'1, 125lbs, and I'm smaller than ever! I've been 115lbs and appeared MUCH bigger. My pants size has never been a size 3 until now! With that said, muscle matters. I have put on a healthy amount of muscle, and hope to put on more! I want that ab definition, posterior definition, etc,. I don't want to be skin and bones : )

Do what feels right for you and good luck on your goals!
  • nfgchick79
    nfgchick79 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot and went from 134 to 123 recently. I would like to be around 110-115. It is SO hard to lose weight at this height. I have been working my *kitten* off for quite some time and the weight is coming off very very slowly. When I gain 5 lbs it is super noticeable. The lowest I have been as an adult is 109 and I didn't look teeny tiny. I wish I was just a few inches taller!!
  • alorick
    alorick Posts: 194
    Options
    I'm 4'11 also. I started at 188 and hope to get to 125.
  • Prettypiglett
    Prettypiglett Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 1 and have a long way to go to get near a target ....I will get there.....
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and have a goal of 115. I haven't seen that number in 18 years, but I'm determined to see it in 2012. 28 lbs. to go...
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I think at your age 110-120 is reasonable. I am 4'11" but 57years old. I weighed 102lbs when I got pregnant at 25 years old. For me at my age I am shooting for 125-130 as a final goal, but I've been losing inches more than weight lately and firming the muscles. Bottom line is that you have to do what makes you comfortable. Be patient, because if you lose the weight the correct way, it takes time. Good luck!!!!!
  • scottishhighlander
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Looking for support from people short like me. It seems like is it so much harder for us to get rid of the pounds and to be at a healthy weight.

I dunno, it's just as hard for the over 6 footers like me to lose the lbs! :)
  • MKBrew2012
    Options
    Me too 5'1" on a good day....Seems I have been fighting my weight all my life. Never been a skinny minny. I agee with you though, the charts do give us "little girls" much wiggle room (so to speak) I am very comfortable at 140-150, and I actually hope to be there
    again. Menopause did a number on me, and I am trying to turn the tables on it ! It can be done, if I can dig deep and find the patience. Wishing you all happy success! Don't forget to praise yourself for the little success's along the way. It's a journey:smile:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and 130 lbs. I still look 'chunky' when sitting down, but standing up I look great. All my loose skin just kinda bunches up together when I sit down and makes me look like I have a gut.

Much better than I looked at 206 lbs, but still...

I accept anyone that wishes to be my friend, so add away!
  • Mayreni
    Mayreni Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10, started at 190 and my goal is 110 depending on how I look. I may increase it to 120 because I'm very curvy and have large breasts. Those alone should count for at least 10lbs :laugh: . I'm glad I found this group!
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    4' 9" (and a half... On a good day)

I'd like to be 120 (147 right now) less would be awesome but Im not sure if it's possible. Add me shorties! ;)
  • kan319
    Options
    Wow! Loving all of the responses so far :)

Feel free to add me anyone!

Good luck to all ;)
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 in December and it wasn't that many years ago when I was a Size 0 and a skinny minny. I don't know what the hell happened :laugh:
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and I started at 170 too!

You'll be surprised how quickly your goals will change. I never in a million years thought I'd be aiming for 102lbs (it honestly sounded sick to me!) but even when I was down to 109 back in November I STILL had plenty of belly chub. It's a loooooooooong journey for us shorties :)
  • mskiraann
    mskiraann Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    4'8" and 152 lbs. I have always felt chunky growing up, but I did realize it was because I was short. I only aiming for a 30 lbs loss now, but we will see. I'm hoping I can just get that far.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'0" and currently at 135. My goal is 118 (which is "normal" but has a lot of room to go down supposedly). Yeah, I feel like it's harder to maintain a good weight because, at our height, we just have to weigh less. My biggest strategy is muscle! At 118 (or even 125) and 22-25% body fat, I look really good, and I can eat more than if I don't build the muscle.

Feel free to send a friend request my way :happy:
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and started at 170 about a year ago. I'm currently around 120 and hoping to drop to 110 before Sept rolls around. It has been hard to lose the weight with my height and it's bad because on a petite frame 5-10 pounds make a LOT more difference than they do to those tall girls out there. Good luck to all the shorties out there!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    On the other hand, when I tell one of my (tall) friends that I want to be 118 and back into size 4, they act like I'm anorexic or something. I hear the "that's tiny!" all the time ... maybe it is, except that, heigh-wize, I AM tiny, so it really isn't that unreasonable a goal for me.
    Can't win for losing, can we :grumble: :laugh: