Coffee mug cake (with Nutella)

Options

Replies

• heidiwithom
    Options
    Bump
  • kekebell
    Options
    That looks so good and so worth the calories!
  • deliak2010
    Options
    bump thanks for sharing!!
  • katwj76
    katwj76 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I made the cake with yellow cake mix and sugar free cool whip on top. My family loved it! Mine came in at 116 calories, that's with the cw.
  • rhill1963
    rhill1963 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you!! you have done great and everyone deserves a treat once in a while!! I think this recipie is a smart way to do it. You keep doing what you are doing, apparently your doing something right!! lol I am impressed with your weight loss, I have lost 10 lbs so far and you encourage me to keep going. :)
  • cHaRlIe0411
    cHaRlIe0411 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rhill1963
    rhill1963 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I've lost 34 pounds in 10 weeks. I'm not wondering why "it's taking so long" at all. This is something I have once a week, without anything added to it. The Nutella is because I hit my first main goal. I don't "need" a treat. I DESERVE something less than 300 calories that is not perfectly healthy.

Amen, sister!! And great job! I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps I have 17.5 in 5 weeks! And allow myself a treat every day, I say in my calories and if keeps me from craving anything. I don't think I want to lose weight any faster! Besides my diet currently is something I'll be happy maintaining when I'm done and that's perfect.

That's great!!! You should be proud of yourself! And yes, having a small treat every day or every few days is a nice way to make a lifestyle change. Even if it's something like putting a few chocolate chips inside of some raspberries. If it gets rid of a craving that you might binge from, it helps.
  • Boo_08
    Boo_08 Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you!! you have done great and everyone deserves a treat once in a while!! I think this recipie is a smart way to do it. You keep doing what you are doing, apparently your doing something right!! lol I am impressed with your weight loss, I have lost 10 lbs so far and you encourage me to keep going. :)

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Just have to maintain dedication every single day and you'll hit your goals. :)
  • wannabee165
    Options
    this looks great!!!
    did it come right out of the mug easily?
    or did you have to spray the mug first?
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    this looks great!!!
    did it come right out of the mug easily?
    or did you have to spray the mug first?

I didn't spray the mug but I did have to lightly move a spoon around the outside of the cake by the cup to separate it so that it would easily come out. When I make this for my husband, I just leave it in the cup... he doesn't seem to notice how small it is then haha
  • tarabeltwo
    Options
    Yum Thanks
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    That's so cool. I'm gonna try it this week!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Just tried this!! It was so cool. I was worried it was going to stick to the mug but it pulled away from it, even though I didn't use a non stick spray. The other cool thing is that it started expanding while I was mixing it up, and it expanded even more in the microwave! it was a decent size cake and my husband loved it!
  • droberts3311
    Options
    Done this last night for a quick fix! With spice cake mix, worked great and done the trick. So much better than making the whole cake!! Thank you so much and keep up the great work!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Never heard of Mug Cake.. Sounds and looks YUMMY! Thanks for the recipe! :)
  • Trinketona
    Options
    Delicious.
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump x2!!!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Laurelje