BodyRock.tv workouts

Options
Hello!
I would really like to use some of the BodyRick.tv workouts, they are free and they look great. Best of all, they are short workouts for those with time limitations but the website is confusing me. They are home workouts but i don't have an interval timer, pink sandbags or other stuff like that. What do you use as a replacement?
And which are your favourite workouts? There is a lot going on on the website and i'm trying to sort through the videos to see which ones i can do and i'm struggling!

Replies

• Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm going to lift on this thread if you don't mind.

I've literally just done a search on Bodyrock and ZWOW on MFP and would love to have a little more info myself.
  • brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've had fantastic results using bodyrock workouts in addition to daily cardio or strength training. You can replace many of the equipment they use with things you have at home. In place of the pink sandbag, I use a dufflebag. I fill it up with the stupid yellow phone books that keep getting dropped off at my house. It didn't cost me anything, and I finally found a use for the phone books. I'm sure you could also use a big bag of dog food, a sack of potatoes, a bag of cat litter, etc. I use an online Tabata timer that I found at this website: http://www.beach-fitness.com/tabata/
    Also, I've found that, instead of the dip station, you can perform tricep dips and knee raises using two tables of the same height pushed together. I put two sturdy chairs together and put a shovel with a solid wood handle in between to perform pullups. My favorite workouts so far are "Hands Free," "Workout for the Lovers," and "Show It Off Workout." I'm really excited to try "BIkini Bunny" workout later today--it looks like it will get my heart rate up with all of the jumps and burpees. I'm so glad to have found such a fantastic resource and glad that others on this site appreciate it too. Good luck!
  • hayleyxxwxx
    hayleyxxwxx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy bodyrock workouts, but unfortunately dont have any of the equipment, however I came across this link to a website whereby you can search for the workouts that dont use any equipment:

http://litealloy.com/workouts/tags

as for an interval timer I use this nifty little online timer:

http://www.beach-fitness.com/tabata/

hope this helps
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone gymboss has interval timer apps.

You don't need the sandbags etc. Starting with bodyweight is a great way to begin.

I would also suggest starting with some of the older stuff when Z was still the host. The things they are doing now focus too much on equipment and heavy duty jumping etc which can be HARD on the joints especially if you aren't used to it.

Good luck! I hope you enjoy!
  • martinking1983
    Options
    To be honest I enjoy just watching them..... She is lurrrrrrvely! :)
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I recently saw the Bodyrock.TV site and I've ordered a sandbag that I found on an Australian website (the American one would have cost a fortune in shipping and often they won't ship to Australia anyway). The workouts look sensational though and I'm glad to have found this thread and some independent feedback. Can't wait to get started!
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love Bodyrock, I got great results with their first 30 day challenge (started in January) and I would highly recommend following that one. I lost 11 pounds in 30 days and lots of inches doing their workouts 4-5 days a week. Yes they are short but they are high intensity and you keep burning calories long after completing the workouts.

I didn't have any of the equipment either. They give you modifications at the end of the videos for things you can do without equipment. Most phones have an app for an interval timer or you can search one for your computer. I just used free weights for some of the exercises that required weights or filled a backpack with books.

Good luck!
  • cassblue21
    Options
    I was hearing about this workout and now I am very interested in it! Thanks everyone!
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Oh I must check out the 30 day challenge this evening (in work now). I've seen some of the workouts and to be honest I was a little put off by the groaning and panting :laugh:
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll check out all the links and pick a video to have a go at in the morning. Exciting!
  • iceandfire212
    iceandfire212 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, all!

I am so very interested in the BodyRock TV workouts but I have a question on how you guys do them-. I hear that they're supposed be around 30 mins, but the exercise videos don't show the entire workout--they fast forward to the next move after demonstrating one. How exactly does this work for you--do you pause the video and do the exercise for 50 seconds? Or do you make a list of which exercises you'll be doing during that day's routine and don't watch the video at all during it?

Thanks!
  • StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Heres a list of ones you can search on the website that require NO equipment :)
    but i really like the idea mentioned above of a duffle filled with phone books, so ingenious :)

15 Minutes of Pure Torture
    18 Minute S&M
    550 Rep
    600 Rep Sexier Body
    Abs Assassin
    Best Ripped Abs
    Bikini Body
    Body Burn
    Body Lift
    Body on Fire (personal fav.)
    Bodyweight Interval Training
    Booty Firm Up
    Booty Moving
    Fat *kitten* Burn Off
    Hot To Trot (shoulder/ab burn!)
    Hottie Body
    Kiss My Tight *kitten*
    Love Muscles (aka: Rock It) (personal fav.)
    OMG Sexy Body
    Power Girl (or Boy) (personal fav.)
    Rock 'n No Rolls
    Round Booty (aka: Rock Your Body Flow)
    Sexy Pain Train
    Stereo Love
    Suicidal Sweat (personal fav. - beat Zuzana well, :)
    Sweet Punishment
    Triple X
    Turbo Fat *kitten* Blaster
  • iceandfire212
    iceandfire212 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am gathering the courage to start the 30 Day Challenge from February. Does anyone want to start with me? I could really use a partner!

All workout videos are posted here: http://www.bodyrock.tv/category/daily-workouts/all-workouts/page/2/?view=list&pagesize=20&sort=date&order=desc.

I am just a little unsure about how to get started--since the videos don't show the whole workout (they demonstrate the exercise, do a few, and then move onto the next), I wonder if I have to keep hitting the pause button or whether I should first make a list of all the exercises for that routine and do them on my own without watching the video? Any suggestions, guys?
  • Lolamako
    Lolamako Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Iceandfire212;

Make a list, with room to record your scores under earch exercise. Search google for "free tabata timer" and use that if you don't have a gymboss.

I like Z's older workouts, and now follow her ZWOW workouts on Facebook and Youtube. Not into the new, somewhat complicated, all kinds of equipment, Bodyrock...
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, bumping this thread. Nice info!
  • phenny86
    phenny86 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with your comment about making a list. I was a little resistant to the new work-outs, but they have gotten less complicated. Now that I am used to her, I am LOVING Lisa, the new host. The workouts are tough, but I love the feeling when I am done.
  • I'm going to be starting the 30 Day February Challenge tonight as well. I figure if I can do three of the challenges back to back, in 90 days (Memorial Day Weekend-ish) I'll be bangin' ;)

The list is a really good idea. I watched the fit test video last night just as a preview, and I was a bit surprised that the video didn't demonstrate the exercises in the timeframe you are supposed to do them.

Another question: when you guys say you do this, are you following the calendar on the bodyrock.tv website?
  • LenaCali
    LenaCali Posts: 18
    Options
    I love BodyrockTV - they've replaced my favorite trainer (Zuzana), but the workouts are still inspiring and brutal - love love love:heart:
  • sarahrichards81
    Options
    Love BodyRock too.

Bumping this for the list of non-equipment workouts.

Thanks
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Bumping... this is something I really want to check out. I might be getting laid off, so the gym membership might be going by the wayside soon!:-(

Shannon