New member in So Cal

Options
Hello....new to the site. Finally got tired of the way I have let myself go. Inspired by a cousin who rode in the Lone Star bicycle event to raise money for AIDS. He even rode in the Century (100 miles) and I want to do something similar. So I purchased a bicycle last summer but have been sporadic. This past week I decided ENOUGH and decided to get SERIOUS. My current bike is more of a fitness bike and my goal is get below a certain weight and REWARD myself with a nice road bike as at that point I will be fit enough to ride it the way it should be ridden.

Replies

• CameronYKB
    Options
    I used to ride bikes when I was a kid. There was a small park we called Bumpy Hills. It was of course, full of hills good for getting some air. That was when I was in Elementary school and fit. I also decided to finally get serious about my fitness. Good luck to you.
  • Mark_
    Mark_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello....new to the site. Finally got tired of the way I have let myself go. Inspired by a cousin who rode in the Lone Star bicycle event to raise money for AIDS. He even rode in the Century (100 miles) and I want to do something similar. So I purchased a bicycle last summer but have been sporadic. This past week I decided ENOUGH and decided to get SERIOUS. My current bike is more of a fitness bike and my goal is get below a certain weight and REWARD myself with a nice road bike as at that point I will be fit enough to ride it the way it should be ridden.

A nice road bike is a reward indeed !!! That's one of my goals too !!!