Yay! Week and a Half -- down 9 lbs!

Im sooo excited, I just had to tell someone! I am one of those weigh yourself every day kind of people, and it feels like it has slowly been coming off, until today when I stepped on the scale and it said 183.5. I was 191 at the beginning of last week. I believe it is just the water weight that has come off and results will most surely slow down now but thats great! I can't wait to see something in the 170's LOL!!
I have been trying to eat 1200 cal's a day, sometimes I may go over a bit (like the other day I had like 5 big glasses of wine and I think I went over by a lot!). I have also been excersising 5 days a week for 30 minutes on the eliptical. Its hard to get through but once I'm done I feel sooo good, and feel very motivated and pleased with myself.
As for fat loss, I think I see more of a difference in my face and in my hips for sure.
After having my baby 19 months ago, I put on ALOT of weight during my pregnancy and post partum.

Here's to another 9 lbs! Just wanted to say Good Luck to everyone, and we can do this!

Replies

• Im sooo excited, I just had to tell someone! I am one of those weigh yourself every day kind of people, and it feels like it has slowly been coming off, until today when I stepped on the scale and it said 183.5. I was 191 at the beginning of last week. I believe it is just the water weight that has come off and results will most surely slow down now but thats great! I can't wait to see something in the 170's LOL!!
    I have been trying to eat 1200 cal's a day, sometimes I may go over a bit (like the other day I had like 5 big glasses of wine and I think I went over by a lot!). I have also been excersising 5 days a week for 30 minutes on the eliptical. Its hard to get through but once I'm done I feel sooo good, and feel very motivated and pleased with myself.
    As for fat loss, I think I see more of a difference in my face and in my hips for sure.
    After having my baby 19 months ago, I put on ALOT of weight during my pregnancy and post partum.

Here's to another 9 lbs! Just wanted to say Good Luck to everyone, and we can do this!
  • Couldnt find an edit button, Also just wanted to say this website kicks *kitten*!! I love it! If I didnt have it's easy tracker I would be lost. I really love it, and it gives me more motivation to keep going!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    WOHOOO! Congrats Angela... just be safe in losing the weight. Don't want to lose it too fast!

Keep up the good work!
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Congrats, Angela! Sounds like my weight! Last week or the week before I was starting to lose hope! I am finally starting to lose some of the weight that I have worked so hard to lose. My weight was like a yo-yo, but now it's finally starting to stay down. Thanks to hard work, this site and friends I have met on the message boards, I feel empowered to do whatever I want...well, at least for today! :)
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    That is so AWESOME! Congratulations, and keep up the good work!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Way to go Angela!!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Congratulations! :-) Keep up the great work!
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Congrats!!!...keep it up!
  • That's awesome! :) Congrats and good luck on the next 9 :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Great job TreeSaw ! Keep sawing away at that weight!

~cm
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Go Angela! That's great!

Sorry Angela! I didn't mean TreeSaw! (Although next week, TreeSaw will be posting big losses, too!)

cm
  • Thanks guys for all the well wishes, much appreciated!! This site will be the reason me and all of you lose the weight we so desperatly want to loose. I know we all can do it! I'll keep posting updates on me, and I want to hear updates from all of you too!
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Hi everyone... I was super down on myself over the weekend and almost didn't come back on the website and I'm SO GLAD I DID! Angela, I read where you said you had 5 big glasses of wine and that put you over on calories. On Sunday night I was sitting around and mindlessley ate frosted animal cookies... seriously I almost at the whole bag by the time I realized what I was doing. Then I just went into a self hating downward spiral. BUT... here's the good news... I went to the gym on Monday and had a great food day. Yesterday was more of the same goodness and so far today I'm on track to have another good day.

I just love reading all of the positive things people write and it's motivating. Every day is a battle! Thanks for sharing your stories everyone!
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Way to keep going, Katie! I'm glad you didn't give up, it is a bummer when we mess up, but every day is a new day. Good luck for the rest of your week!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Stay with us Katie! you can do this!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    We are all HUMAN, we all do something we shouldn't now and then. I think many of us are perfectionists and if we mess up, we get the "Forget it" mentality because now there is s flaw. The best line I read was in a "Self" magazine and the writer wrote, "Repeat after me: You...Don't...Have...To...Be...Perfect." That one line has helped me more than almost anything else motivational. You would tell a friend to get back in the saddle and not focus on the "oops", right? So, be a friend to yourself and do the same for YOU! :-)