Unfriending MFP friends.

Options
2»

Replies

• MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I've defriended people for lack of activity, negativity, no communication, and things even as characters I just don't mesh with. This is your fitness pal so feel free to make changes as you see fit. Sometimes people will get mad but trust me, they'll get over it. Such is life. I'm actually thinking about making a drastic cut myself to make sure all my friends are good supportive people that I can support back.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I've unfriend people just because I had to many friends, because they didn't log in for 2 months etc... Its selfish, but sometimes if its overwhelming then it doesn't help me or them.

The worst time I had though, was having someone on my friends list that was bulimic. I felt for her, I really did, but I just couldn't handle seeing her talk about bingeing and then puking everyday, and also not getting any real help. (Just trying to control her problem through MFP alone)...it was just to much, and I had to unfriend her.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I unfriend people a lot.

I've decided that instead of always adding people, I'll be more selective about who I add to begin with... I'm actually trying to stay around 50 friends (used to have over 400) because I feel like I don't really KNOW people if I have a ton of friends.

The ones I have now? We all understand one another, know each other's goals and support one another.
  • capturingsmiles
    Options
    I un-friended a person on mfp, it just seemed like every post and status update was about starting fights on the boards here and I couldn't deal with it. I just silently walked away.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Delete them. And don't feel the least bit bad about it. This is about YOU.

+1

And the same goes for Facebook too. Not sure why you guys are all saying "this isn't Facebook" cause this applies on both sites for the same reasons.
  • RooChilders
    RooChilders Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just recently un-friended a couple people. One hasn't been on here for 5 months the other for 9. Don't feel bad about it. This is about you and you need others to help motivate! I have the best MFP friends! I could not do it without them. I am sad for the others but we all fall off the wagon from time to time and if they come back they can always friend me again...
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Delete. Don't feel bad. Don't look back. It's about you. :flowerforyou:
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I recently unfriended someone because everything they posted was a whine and they seemed to be a generally negative person. Honestly, they were bumming me out!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sure, if they're aren't helpful for you or don't seem like a good fit - unfriend away.
    This isn't high school (or Facebook!) and you are entitled to pick the "friends" who are a good match for you.
    I've deleted quite a few people - mostly because I have too many on the list and I try to keep it a bit more managable so I can actually have an idea of who they are and what they are aiming for.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    i have defriended for very similar reasons you mentioned.... do stress about it. you are here for you and your support (to offer and receive).
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I've defriended people for lack of activity, negativity, no communication, and things even as characters I just don't mesh with. This is your fitness pal so feel free to make changes as you see fit. Sometimes people will get mad but trust me, they'll get over it. Such is life. I'm actually thinking about making a drastic cut myself to make sure all my friends are good supportive people that I can support back.

I'm confident I will make the cut. :tongue:
  • merrylea
    merrylea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ha!!! Thanks for all the feedback guys. I know this isn't facey-space, but part of me feels like I'm letting someone down that is really in a bad place. However, this person is essentially a stranger, and I'm number one! They have been unfriended! Now... who needs another friend??? lol