Beautiful Blue Team WEEK 9

Options

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Alright, so I haven't been on lately. I'm so ashamed of myself. I have been maintaining on the weight but I have got the pop habit back yet again. I'm so pissed at myself. I have been drinking 2 cokes a day. I have been working it into my calories and I have been doing pretty good with calories. Its really weird however because since I have been drinking the coke I haven't been hungry for the chocolate. WTH is going on there. I have still been drinking lots of water. I'm officially in Tae Kwon Do. When I went on Thursday the master said I needed a doctors note to be in it. My doc wrote me a note today. It feels great to be in it. Its like me time. I have a plan to exercise every weekday when I'm not doing the Tae Kwon Do. I'm still hoping to get down to 140 by my birthday but not getting my hopes too high at this point. I'm glad I have made it this far. But its sad that I really only have 26 more lbs to go. I'm slipping and its so bad. :explode:
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi beautiful blues...I have been missing the weigh in by a day these days. I thought we post it to Rach by Tuesdays! So I get this right for next week, Monday right? Please bear in mind am in the UK.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Hey Blues! I have a day off!!! YAY! We still woke up super early, though. You can't change a kid's internal clock to sleep in. Argh! I feel like I'm starting to get more energy now! Looking around at everyone who says they've been at my job for more than 5 years, I'm deathly afraid to end up gaining weight like they did!!! It requires a lot of sitting and it sucks the life right out of you. It's very taxing mentally, so much so that by the time you get off work, you're ready to go straight to bed. I'm not sure if I would be quite as tired if my husband were home but I won't know for sure until next year. I'm really hoping I can make myself wake up 10-15 minutes earlier to get in a really quick workout. Just something to get my heart pumping until I get used to waking up so early. I'm also going to try walking for 10-15 minutes at lunch and then really punching up the workouts on my off days. I think this will at least keep me from gaining while I adjust to this whole new life. One thing I noticed about everyone that has gained so much weight is that they eat fast food for breakfast AND lunch nearly every day. I can see how that would pack on the pounds VERY quickly! Even when you think you're making a good choice, it's still fast food twice a day and lord only knows what's for dinner...

I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday! :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I've been at an office desk job for years and I blamed my gain on sitting all the time but if I faced reality it wasn't the sitting from the job as being lazy in general because I really was tired - who wouldn't be carrying around an extra 90 pounds right?! It was also what I ate - 3 out of 5 days I'd stop for a biscuit or donuts - you get the picture, lunches out to eat everyday - chips and sub loaded with mayo or fries - you know that convenience food....

You are on the right track - a 10-15 minute workout is a great start - who knows after a few weeks you may add for 15-20, then 20-30, etc....and the walking at lunch - very smart - maybe you'll influence others at work with your healthy habits! I've found the more I exercise, the easier stress is to handle.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Most of the times.
    1 fast food breakfast, or 1 fast food lunch is enough daily calories for most peoples daily limit .

My previous McD's breakfast that I would pick up (3-4 out of 5 days per week)and eat on my 45 min drive to work was over 1500 calories.

chrissy, isn't that something. You look back and think, OMG Of course I was tired carrying extra 90 lbs.

I remember watching a Biggest loser episode, and one of the challenges was carrying around all the weight they had lost, and each week drop lbs from what they were carrying.
    Crazy when you think about it. Have you actually picked up 90lbs and thought how the hell did I carry all this weight around?
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Alright, so I haven't been on lately. I'm so ashamed of myself. I have been maintaining on the weight but I have got the pop habit back yet again. I'm so pissed at myself. I have been drinking 2 cokes a day. I have been working it into my calories and I have been doing pretty good with calories. Its really weird however because since I have been drinking the coke I haven't been hungry for the chocolate. WTH is going on there. I have still been drinking lots of water. I'm officially in Tae Kwon Do. When I went on Thursday the master said I needed a doctors note to be in it. My doc wrote me a note today. It feels great to be in it. Its like me time. I have a plan to exercise every weekday when I'm not doing the Tae Kwon Do. I'm still hoping to get down to 140 by my birthday but not getting my hopes too high at this point. I'm glad I have made it this far. But its sad that I really only have 26 more lbs to go. I'm slipping and its so bad. :explode:

Are the cokes fitting into your calories? If so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. You will be able to cut them back again. Have fun with Tae Kwon Do-sounds like you could do some serious butt kicking-take out your frustration!:laugh:
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Today is my daughter's birthday. She would have been 8 years old had she not unexpectedly passed away shortly after her birth. Anyway, I have always used food as a crutch for my emotions and today is just one of those triggers because there's lots of emotions. Even after 8 years, they can still feel fresh. So instead of crying into a pool of chocolate while sipping it up with a straw (the old me), I'm going to work out on the treadmill during my lunch (the new me) and count my blessings such as my two healthy and happy sons and a wonderful and supportive hubby.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Today is my daughter's birthday. She would have been 8 years old had she not unexpectedly passed away shortly after her birth. Anyway, I have always used food as a crutch for my emotions and today is just one of those triggers because there's lots of emotions. Even after 8 years, they can still feel fresh. So instead of crying into a pool of chocolate while sipping it up with a straw (the old me), I'm going to work out on the treadmill during my lunch (the new me) and count my blessings such as my two healthy and happy sons and a wonderful and supportive hubby.

:heart: Hugs :heart: I'm sorry to hear about your loss & pray that you and your family have the continued strength that you need to get through these difficult times. :heart:
  • chrissyh
    Options

So sorry for your loss. I am extremely proud of you that you are turning your sadness in a positive direction - that goes to show how much stronger inside and out you are!

:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just reading up on everyone's posts and noting we're all having our battles. Mine, as you guessed it, is candy. Chewy candy now. WTF? How do I break the addiction? I told my hubby our "deal " was off so I could I eat icecream -and believe me I ATE ICECREAM and candy. This am, I have 4 zits and feel dumpy, bloated and gross. I just have to remember how gross it makes me feel and I don't sleep well either.
    For your info, we're not to supposed to eat carbs in the evening as it affects a hormone in our body that helps break done fat when we get to deep sleep. Carbs decrease our levels of sleep so we don't hit deep sleep often. There, a bit of info for today.:bigsmile:
    I challenge everyone NOT to eat Carbs-even healthy ones after supper, and no eating after 900 pm.:drinker:
  • AZWildcatnNC
    Options
    Thank you for the kind thoughts. I went to the gym on my lunch hour as promised on my lunch hour and bonded with the treadmill. Felt much better about the day in general, but also proud of myself for going even when I really didn't want to. :smile:
  • AZWildcatnNC
    Options

For your info, we're not to supposed to eat carbs in the evening as it affects a hormone in our body that helps break done fat when we get to deep sleep. Carbs decrease our levels of sleep so we don't hit deep sleep often. There, a bit of info for today.:bigsmile:

OMG! I'm screwed! :laugh: As a night snacker, I'll give the no carb challenge a try but it will be a BIG change, but one I'll be much better for I'm sure!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Wow I've been so busy and caught up in life that I haven't been by here! Things are settling down a little bit and I'm starting to walk with Laura again. Just need to get more sleep and p90x again. Gotta keep this weight on it's way down!! :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou:
  • AZWildcatnNC
    Options
    Rach - love the new avatar - beautiful!

Well, I ended up eating chinese take-out last night and despite chosing a "healthy" chicken and roasted veggies, I think the sodium threw me under the bus. I'm up to 231.8 :grumble: but the good news is if I drink lots of water today I can probably lose some of that pretty quickly. Hoping next week is a better weigh in.

Also, didn't eat after I had dinner last night - no night snacking at all! That's big for me. Now concentrating on today/tonight.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Rach - love the new avatar - beautiful!

Thanks! I was going for purple hair, but in the sun like that its kinda fuchsia! :bigsmile:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Soo I'm up a couple pounds today. Not surprised though. My new-found love has me all distracted. I've practically replaced my water intake with latte's and iced coffee...poor choice...and I've been eating a lot at Wendy's, Sheetz, and McD's...though I have been making smarter choices there. Time to get back to my plan and start logging again.

Being wrapped up in love is no excuse! :laugh: :heart:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Rach train him now, while it's early in your relationship to eat YOUR way--make healthier stops...I am an iced mocha addict - I use it as a recovery after I run but nonfat and no whip....you can do it!

I have no loss this week...I've changed my food goal from 1400 to 1350 - we'll see what happens.

Rach has a boyfriend....Rach has a Boyfriend...nanny nanny boo boo:laugh:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Rach train him now, while it's early in your relationship to eat YOUR way--make healthier stops...I am an iced mocha addict - I use it as a recovery after I run but nonfat and no whip....you can do it!

Rach, I agree it's new in the relationship, tell him you don't eat from those places.
    Incorporate him into your new lifestyle.
  • RachVR6
    Options

Rach has a boyfriend....Rach has a Boyfriend...nanny nanny boo boo:laugh:

Rach has an AMAZING boyfriend! :bigsmile:

Oh he hates fast food as well! Yaaay! Not to mention he's really active. Last weekend we were all over the place, hiking Cunningham falls and walking all around the Antietam battlefield. This weekend he wants to take me canoeing and we want to go to DC and hit the zoo and museums if we have time.

I'm just not getting enough sleep or drinking enough water. :laugh:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Don't forget it's weigh-in day guys and gals!! :flowerforyou: