Breakfast question

Options
2»

Replies

• nobo
    nobo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Both. When I'm on my idea schedule, I work out in the morning. So, I eat 100-150 calories when I wake up. By the time I get to the gym that's settled enough in my stomach, and gets me through my workout. Then when I get to work, I'll probably have second breakfast, of a similar calories amount, with coffee.
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    um, lately i've been waiting til around 10 but i think i'm goign to start having a shake at like 730ish and then fruit around 10 before lunch... hoping that helps me not be so ravenous by lunch.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Generally within 30 to 60 minutes of waking up. If I am crawling out of bed to go out for a run or do a class at the gym sometimes I will eat a bagel thin with peanut butter or a power bar right away so I have something in my body for energy. I used to either eat in the car on the way to work or at work, but once I started trying to lose weight I stopped doing that most of the time and would eat before I left and have a small snack at 10:00 or so at work!
  • Samanthasteinagle26
    Options
    Breakfast is the only reason I get out of bed. It's the first thing I do in the morning.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Wake up, shower, make my breakfast ....if I wait too long I feel nauseous......
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You should eat breakfast within the first hour after you wake up. I eat at home (but I work from home) and if I have to go out - I make a protein shake and take it with me.

Really? Why SHOULD I?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    after my workout- so anywhere fom :45 to 1:15 after I wake up- unless I do a long run before work- then I get to work early and eat the food I have stashed there. usually long-run-recovery-friendly foods. I keep greek yogurt and honey, bananas, hummus and triscuits, raisins and nuts, sunflower seeds and whole wheat bagels at work. Also im lucky enough to have a fruit and juice vending machine there.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Usually within a half hour. Sometimes an hour but that's pretty rare. My stomach is usually growling the minute my feet hit the floor. Shut off the alarm, go start the coffee, bathroom, brush teeth, wait for coffee, get first couple sips of coffee and then start breakfast. Yes I manage to get all that done in about 30 minutes! :tongue: