28 Ilbs or Less Club

Options

Replies

• kimdommerc
    Options
    By the way, I also weigh in on Monday.
  • natileebee
    Options
    Well, I don't really fit in this club, but I'll add myself anyway. I say I don't fit cause I really need to lose more then 28. I started working out in January with a goal of losing 20 pounds in 20 weeks. Just one pound a week. I just finished my 11th week Monday and have lost 18 pounds. I hope to hit my 20 by next Monday. Then I'll re-set those goals. I had to start somewhere, so 20 was it. I know all you guys can get the weight off too. And even if the scale isn't going down, that doesn't mean you aren't losing inches! Ritty, don't feel bad about the weight. If it isn't a pound this week, it could be 1/2 a pound and that is still progress. Keep pushing ahead. :flowerforyou:
  • mrsjones
    mrsjones Posts: 9
    Options
    I am an EMOTIONAL eater and I had a crappy morning. All I want to do is EAT! Trying to drown self in green tea, might have to move on to chewing gum. I'd love to go to gym to blow off steam (I'm lucky enough to have one in my basement) but I would have to let 3 yr. old daughter care for 7 month old son! He is SEVEN MONTHS TODAY! I'm not celebrating his 1st birthday in draw string shorts so I don't have to admit my size to myself!
    Thanks for motovational quote about nothing tasting as good as skinny!
    I have a pearl to share with you all. I read a study that showed people who ate a piece of fruit directly before consuming a meal were able to metabolize said meal better. They absorbed less calories than group that ate the EXACT same meal with out the piece of fruit.
  • mrsjones
    mrsjones Posts: 9
    Options
    PRINCESS-You have such a teeny ammt to lose! I thought you might like to know that I was once told us ladies can retain 5lbs of fluid weight. Bulking up on your water intake an taking in some diuretics such as green tea or dandelion could have you PEEING off five pounds! :drinker:
  • prinzess44
    Options
    I'm in I would like to lose 24lbs. My weigh in days are Saturday so will see how i do. This is my first week.
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    I am in I am at 137 and my healthy weight is 115-120. i like to be around 118. So I have about 20
  • PrincessRitty
    Options
    PRINCESS-You have such a teeny ammt to lose! I thought you might like to know that I was once told us ladies can retain 5lbs of fluid weight. Bulking up on your water intake an taking in some diuretics such as green tea or dandelion could have you PEEING off five pounds! :drinker:

Mrs Jones,
    Haha i feel like im writing a letter to my teacher haha sorry!
    I try to drink 2litres a day, and i honestly do pee about a gazillion times a day, but i just feel as if nothinks shifted. I know you can reach a plateu, but isnt that when u have maybe lost a few few pounds then stop, not when u havent even lost 1! But i am hiting the gym tnite, and ive just found a Polar F11F for less than £100 so im getting that! I will do this!!

Also maybe you can still work out down stairs even with your son, if its not all dirty like some basements. just giv him something too keep him occupied. But then again, i guess 7 month YO babies, may well get bored easily lol!

Kep up the good work!

NatileeBee, i think your doing such a great job of loosing, and your doing it the correct way, not setting your goals to high, and actualy just hoping for Lb a week! This is great, and there is no better way than this!!!!

Thank you everyone for your suppor and after the gym, i shall post, and tell you how it went!!

_x
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    Good luck Mrs Jones, Prinzess and To Health!

I'm going to the gym tonight and I'm strangely looking forward to it...shocker...

Ritty, I think the less you have to lose the harder it probably is BUT if you want to lose like 2 Ibs a week then ONLY weigh yourself ONCE a week. Weighing yourself everyday doesn't work and is just depressing.
  • Aoife101
    Aoife101 Posts: 7
    Options
    You guys all seem to be doing really well woohoo to girl power!! :D:laugh:
  • tcprfuz
    tcprfuz Posts: 3
    Options
    Can I be in too? I've been checking out this post for a few days now and finally decided to write in. I don't usually talk on here but feel like i kinda fit in here. I started at 129 and would like to be around 110. I'm only 5 foot 1 inch with a small frame and my ideal weigh is supposed to be 106 to 116. I only lost a pound and a half for the first 5 weeks I was here then these last two weeks I've finally lost 6 total! Yeah! I was getting so frustrated! I wanted to be at at least 118 by May 12th because I'm going to Vegas. I may make it but for now I'm just happy with the 6!!! I just wanted to thank everyone for the great posts! I don't talk too much but I'm on here all the time reading and everything is so helpful!:happy:
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Motto: Nothing tastes as good as skinny

I love it!! :heart:

What a great club we have!! Thanks for the idea xmimikinsx!!

Should we post daily our activity to keep us in check and HONEST - or should we just post our weekly weight, measurements, etc?

Good Luck to EVERYONE!! :flowerforyou:
  • goodtimesdani
    Options
    Hello ladies! I have 15-20 pounds to lose. I have always had a pudgy stomach, and i have no clue what its like to have a flat one! i would love to wear a bikini by july.

it has been so hard to not eat cheeseburgers! my apartment complex is right beside a Whataburger (classy, I know) and last night i was outside with a friend, and we got a huge whiff of hamburgers..... it was torrtturee!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Hey Princess - I think I caught the sore throat from you!!! Heahache, fever, sore throat...
    :frown:

Hope you are feeling better - I'm slowly coming around!
    :flowerforyou:
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    Is there room for one more? I am currenty in the July Goal Challenge which we are planning on losing a total of 30 lbs by July. I only have 13 more lbs left to lose for that goal, which I hope I hit before July!

I joined MFP in January and have lost 27 lbs since then. I have a total of 23 lbs to go to hit my pre-pregnancy weight.

So does someone do a post weekly, or do we just keep checking this one post?

I hope everyone does awesome!!! :bigsmile:
  • brfortu
    brfortu Posts: 27
    Options
    I only have 8 more to go!! Yea!
  • xmimikinsx
    Options
    I'll do another post on Monday how about that? Welcome everyone!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Great I'm glad this is proving popular. Good luck to everyone! I hope you all reach your goals!

I only have 433 kcal left for dinner...oh dear! Looks like I'm going spinning tonight :laugh:

i noticed you brought up kcals... that's how everything runs here in japan also... any idea what the comparison is between a kcal and calories? it would sure make the counting a whole lot easier!!!

kcals is the same thing as calories, it's just an abbreviation that's all!
  • xmimikinsx
    Options
    Great I'm glad this is proving popular. Good luck to everyone! I hope you all reach your goals!

I only have 433 kcal left for dinner...oh dear! Looks like I'm going spinning tonight :laugh:

i noticed you brought up kcals... that's how everything runs here in japan also... any idea what the comparison is between a kcal and calories? it would sure make the counting a whole lot easier!!!

kcals is the same thing as calories, it's just an abbreviation that's all!

Sorry I didn't see that question. Thanks Rebecca for responding!!!
  • REB89
    Options

Ritty, I think the less you have to lose the harder it probably is BUT if you want to lose like 2 Ibs a week then ONLY weigh yourself ONCE a week. Weighing yourself everyday doesn't work and is just depressing.

2 lbs is unrealistic when you're so close to your goal weight. 2 lbs a week normally only works for people who are quite overweight. 0.5-1lb a week is much more realistic.
  • REB89
    Options
    Oh and i'd love to joiny ou're group. I have 22lbs to lose (although i think i'll probably only get aroun 16-18lbs lost before the summer)