when will I see the results. Advice.

Options
2»

Replies

• lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I think when you don't have as much to lose that is when you have to be very accurate on your calorie counting. Make sure you count everything and weigh or measure everything. It really does make a huge difference!

Also, 20 - 30 minutes of exercise or more is ideal if possible.
  • Lisaliftsandruns
    Options
    Sometimes I just find it intimidating to track my food. I don't know I'm weird about stuff. I'll start doing better at it. I feel dumb now though. I'm like why cant I lose the weight!? All the while I was eating junk food. :embarassed: :frown:
  • jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 (and a half lol) and I'm at the lower end of the weight loss scale as well and I am also a mummy to two - so can share your aims regarding toning and slimming down -especially the tum. As has been said that last few pounds are the hardest as your body has less fat to burn. I'm happy to plod along and aim to lose whatever comes off - as much as I would like to be about 10lbs lighter and hope it happens, what I really want is to eat healthily (tonnes of fruit and veg for me and protein). I also have the problem that high-impact cardio training like running always tends to make my thighs bulk out with muscle, which with short legs is not a good look. So instead I walk at brisk pace for 40 mins/1hr every day. And then 3 times a week I do light weights and toning exercises. For my tummy I have found pilates based exercises have worked wonders on my lower stomach. Don't lose heart its just a case of finding the right balance between calories and exercise for you.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If you aren't logging everything you eat, you have no way of knowing whether you are eating correctly, eating too much, or eating too little. In that case, there is no way anyone can really give you advice, as there just isn't enough information.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You could be grossly overestimating or underestimating how many calories you're eating if you aren't even tracking correctly. You can't question why you aren't losing if you aren't even tracking.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Also keep in mind, you should have your goal set to .5 lbs per week and should aim to eat 50-75%of your exercise calories.
  • Lisaliftsandruns
    Options
    yep Purpleipod that why I said I would do better at it. Thanks! :happy:
  • amymimi12
    amymimi12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My random recommendation - check out Jillian Michaels' book "Making the Cut". She talks about how different it is trying to lose less than 20 pounds, as opposed to those of us with significantly more to lose :). She explains how to eat and work out to lose what she calls "vanity pounds". You have to eat more, and do more strength training rather than cardio. And you should try doing "Ripped in 30" instead of what she calls the "easier" 30DS. (Yeah, that's in quotes because I still have trouble getting through it!).
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    As others have already stated, you need to fill out your diary every day. Measure and/or weigh your food so you know exactly what is going into your body. Logging in your diary daily will help focus you as well as give you something to look back on to see if you are on the right track. Figure out what your goals are and then come up with a plan to get there. If you aren't meeting your goals you can look back in your diary and see why not, what needs to be tweeked, etc.
    Based on what you have said, I would recommend eating a TON more veggies, logging daily, add sodium in your diary and try to avoid processed foods as much as possible (i.e cheetos).
    Good luck... you can do it!!