powdered peanut butter is amazing

Options
2»

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Powdered Peanut Butter is a little bit of a misnomer. This is (essentially) defatted peanut flour. And there is no special technology to make it, since this is a by product of making peanut oil. I guarantee you can get it cheaper from somewhere else that doesn't tout it as a peanut butter replacement.

I did a research project with peanut butter and I can say that mixing water with peanut flour, or even remixing it with oil does not peanut butter make. LOL

Haha, I agree. I like to eat peanut butter on toast or in a sandwich or on celery...not buried in a smoothie. Powedered PB does NOT taste like the real deal unless you bury it amongst other ingredients and use it as a background flavor. I'll take the real stuff, thanks.
  • tinydancer24
    Options
    OMG! I just ordered some! I hope it's as good as everyone says! I am a peanut butter addict for sure!!!!
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    for those who say its not real PB, of course its not, what I am going for is the taste of PB without the fat or cals. Its sweet and a great replacement. It is made

Beware though if you do use it in shakes DONT even use a TBLS, it will be way too much and will overshawdow any other flavor, I learned the hardway, I use like a 1/2 if that to maybe 1/4 of a tsp, and the flavor in choco protein is great.

I love real PB too, but for those who want to watch the cals and fat and such this is great.

read on:

People who love peanut butter but can’t have the fat have a new friend in PB2. It’s peanut powder made from roasted peanuts that have been 75% defatted and ground into an aromatic and tasty powder. The powder reconstitutes with water to a homemade PB-like consistency; but has equal uses as powdered garnish/flavoring and a cooking/baking ingredient. Thus, it belongs in every kitchen. As a PB substitute, without all of peanut butter’s natural oil and creamy mouthfeel, you won’t mistake PB2 for the real thing, any more than fat-free milk can be mistaken for whole milk. But it’s far superior in taste than other PB substitutes, and at 54 calories per 2 tablespoons and just 2.8g total fat, it saves calories and fat for those who can’t have one or both and want their peanut butter. By analogy, fat-free milk is better than no milk at all, and can be quite enjoyable once you get used to it.
    PB2 has three audiences: Dieters who want peanut butter flavor without peanut butter fat and calories, anyone who likes peanut butter flavor and wants to easily add it to a variety of foods as a sprinkle or mix-in, and cooks/bakers who want a peanut butter ingredient to play with.

One of the products to emerge is PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter. It’s made by slow-roasting the peanuts and then pressing them to remove 75% of the fat. The remaining product is ground into a pretty, peanut-colored powder that is meant to be mixed with water into a reduced-fat peanut butter substitute.

hope those that ordered enjoy!
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I should look into this...I love peanut butter by the spoonful!
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    soooooo I must report again that my 9 year old sone likes the pb2, we just ate it on apples and he tried it on bread and liked it, he is the equivalent of mikey likes it, in other words he is picky, needless to say I was shocked.

this is what I learned tonight:

I found that using more water to make it smoother worked great, also I used warm water and that worked as well. I think you could prob even mix it with milk, I will try almond milk in the am and let you all know....its a diff product and you learn by trial and error.

Mary