Zebra calories and the like?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I will try things but... I honestly would rather see beautiful animals than eat them.

Same here. Plus I think farm animals are beautiful, hence my choices. I really don't object to others choices, though. :)
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    maybe giraffes are slimming.

That made me laugh out loud!! i have to keep reading!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Same here. Plus I think farm animals are beautiful, hence my choices. I really don't object to others choices, though. :)
    [/quote]

We have a lot of beautiful farm pictures. We take very good care of all our animals, even naming them. Not the chickens, but everyone else!
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    LOL wild game is to be better for you. like I said before the stranger it is the better it is to before you
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I will try things but... I honestly would rather see beautiful animals than eat them.

I'm the same way. My housemate and I are "conscious omnivores". We eat mostly vegetarian, but will have eggs, cheese, chicken occasionally, tuna... But always keep conscious of the life and/or life sustaining products given up for our meals. We kinda exercise the idea that because we are very busy but don't make a ton of money, occasionally we have to have some real lean meat, but I know we are both moving more towards a 100% veggie style. The addition of quinoa and chia to our diets has helped a lot :)
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    that's a good practice.

I'm more an all-or-nothing kinda guy, admittedly, but if more omnivores were like you, the environment would benefit!
  • artofbs
    artofbs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    All those sound interesting but it really doesn't get better than eating a national emblem... Kangaroo! It is a very lean meat and oh so tasty.

And do you eat it with ketchup? Or Vegemite? :)

Marinated is quite nice... Vegemite goes better with eggs on toast... Won't comment on the sodium levels in that combo...:smile:
  • marcuszoller
    Options
    I had kangaroo steak for dinner this evening, very good medium rare. I also have zebra burgers in the fridge for later in the week!
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I lived in China for a while and ate some interesting things there: civit cat, snake, sea urchins, dog, sea slugs, quails, pig cheek, bull's tesicles, fish eyes...mostly quite low in fat I believe!
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    I've eaten things that most people think are crazy:

Raccoon: If cooked right tastes like rabbit
    Rabbit: If cooked right tastes like chicken
    Aligator: It's good especially with Tabasco sauce
    Elk: Very very tasty
    Deer: Again see Elk
    Carribou: It was a roast and it had it's own taste in my opinion but I'd eat it again
    Bear: Had it in a smoked sausage and I almost bit my finger eating it.

Being from the country I've had some things eaten wild that to me tastes better than store bought and that's hog and turkey. If the turkey breast is cooked right it tastes better than anything you can find at a grocery store. We fried some up one night and this kid thought it was chicken nuggets. Wild hog is the same, if it's been eating good, you'll eat good.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    haha thanks for the laugh. It got pretty intense at one point. : ) lol
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I've had kangaroo, buffalo <edit> and alligator too </edit> and grew up with a healthy variety of venison, rabbit, and squirrel in the freezer and on the plate (my Dad is a hunter and you eat what you take, don't waste it). I don't mind game meat (or grass fed beef, which has a gamier taste to it). My wife, on the other hand....

You do know Little Debbie's been making cakes out of Zebras for years now, right?

zebra1.gif

What do you mean those aren't what you were talking about? They're the same thing, right?
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    I love trying new things. You never know if you are going to like something unless you try it!
    My belief is it takes 3 bites to know if you truly like/or dislike something. If you say no with one bite you didn't give your pallet time to really taste it. if you hate it after 3 bites, that food is probably not for you.
    I think my next food adventure will be edamame

I LOVE edamame. I could eat a bucket.

However, please do yourself a favor and order it fresh at a Japanese restaurant. The frozen version pales in comparison, and you won't have experienced it the way it's supposed to taste.

Oh, and don't eat the pods! I learned that one the hard way :laugh:.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    I love trying new things. You never know if you are going to like something unless you try it!
    My belief is it takes 3 bites to know if you truly like/or dislike something. If you say no with one bite you didn't give your pallet time to really taste it. if you hate it after 3 bites, that food is probably not for you.
    I think my next food adventure will be edamame

I LOVE edamame. I could eat a bucket.

However, please do yourself a favor and order it fresh at a Japanese restaurant. The frozen version pales in comparison, and you won't have experienced it the way it's supposed to taste.

Oh, and don't eat the pods! I learned that one the hard way :laugh:.

HA! and, ew!