When would you quit MFP?

Options
So, when would you ever feel comfortable about quitting MFP? After you've reached your goals? Do you expect to do it forever or do you see an end in sight? Just curious. I've reached my goals and there are many days when I'm just so sick of logging. But, like a poor person who has crawled their way out of poverty, I'm afraid to stop for fear I'll go back to the way I was before.

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    never. i love this community.
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love the community too. But the continual logging gets tiring.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Probably when Steven gives me my third strike for something I did/said.
  • ts1122
    ts1122 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You could try logging every once in a while. If you feel yourself slipping, jump back in and get back on track or if you have some questionable days ahead, log when you think you may need a reminder of how many calories are in something.
  • twinboyz4me
    Options
    I've stopped logging my food - I reached my goal (and then some) in October. I do log my exercise and pop in every day to check on my friends. During my weight loss journey, I learned a lot about food and the amounts and type of food I can and can't eat. After 4-5 months I haven't gained any weight back so I felt comfortable not logging every morsel. If I do find I gain the weight back, I can always start back up!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    You could try logging every once in a while. If you feel yourself slipping, jump back in and get back on track or if you have some questionable days ahead, log when you think you may need a reminder of how many calories are in something.

This!
  • beccci91
    beccci91 Posts: 214
    Options

I'll be stopping once I reach my goal and them learn how to maintain the weight loss
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    When I can keep track of calories and macros in my head.
  • Dawn200321
    Dawn200321 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When they start charging for it
  • Luke_Quist
    Luke_Quist Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When I can keep track of calories and macros in my head.

I 2nd that.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    About the time I get a real scary stalker, I guess.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I always wander away for a bit after I meet my goals...
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    never. I want make tracking calories and exercise a part of my daily life.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be here for awhile. A long while. LOL I'm getting really close to my goal, but then I'm going to stick around for maintenance for a bit, and then I plan to get pregnant and use MFP to help me manage healthy weight gain, then I will switch back into weightloss mode after the pregnancy, then after I hit goal I'll be here for maintenance, then I might get pregnant again etc. Right now and at least for a bit after reaching goal, I'm logging my food every day. Once I get into a comfortable groove I might skip logging occasionally if I feel I have things under control and if my weight doesn't creep up. If that works, I might try only logging every now and then or perhaps when I have food choices that I'm not so familiar with. I do plan to stay active on the site even if I don't log my food as often, I just really enjoy the encouragement that I get from my friends and I love cheering them on, too.
  • kriggs1976
    Options

The continual logging is what keeps me accountable. I do not see me stopping that anytime to soon.
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I cant remember exactly what its called but I have read about it previously, apparently your body takes a year after reaching your goal to successfully reprogram yourself into your new weight. They say that the first 12 months you are at super high risk of putting it all back on again. Soooo I dare say 12 months after I reach my goal, such so i stay realistic, have a good grasp on what I can eat to maintain my weight and go from there.
    Ofcourse If i start to put weight back on again, nip it in the bud and get straight back into it.
    Just my suggestion though

I would think since yovue reached your goal you wouldnt need to be anywhere near as anal about logging and stuff. I think it would be a good idea just so you dont loose touch with what youre taking in though.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Never. But figure after a couple of years of logging the same foods, I'll have a pretty good idea how many calories things have, so I might be a little less fanatic.
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am planning to stay on it for a little while to see how the calories work out to maintain the weight and once I get a good feeling for what I can and cannot eat, I may stop.

That's the plan anyway, who knows what's going to happen or if I even make it to my goal. Hopefully I will, though!
  • packalpha
    Options
    probably never.. my experience keeps evolving and reinventing and to slip from my achievements would be unbearable. i've tried not tracking before and got real scared as the scale went up a bit.. second nature now. harmless and ohhh so much fun addiction
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I would quit when its no longer useful---once I am steadily maintaining my goal.

Right now, I need the site is like my fitness training wheels. but I am looking forward to being able to manage this on my own.