low fat/low cal desserts?

Options
Any good ones? Maybe under 200 cals?

Thanks!

Replies

• NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I just made some diet coke cupcakes (I am sure you have heard of these since they are all over the forums). But simply, you mix cake mix with diet coke instead of oil/eggs/etc. Yields a low calorie desert. I am topping mine with whipped cream!
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Strawberries! One cup is around 50 calories. Really any type of sweet fruit is good, though. My other favorite is watermelon. Mmmm now I really want some watermelon.
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Fruit with a little lightly sweetened homemade whipped cream.
  • rmholts
    Options
    I like the Snackwells low cal packs, especially the fudge drizzled caramel popcorn. 130 cals of pure deliciousness
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    A cup of sugar free or fat free pudding mixed with some Rice Krispies. Delicious.
  • Bult816
    Options
    Frozen Fat Free Whipped Cream - Tastes a bit like ice cream but WAY less bad for you. Has a little sugar but not much. You can top it with a sugar free jam or something if you like. I personally just eat a few spoonfuls of the frozen fat free whipped cream and I'm good to go.
  • NoAdditives
    Options
    I just made some diet coke cupcakes (I am sure you have heard of these since they are all over the forums). But simply, you mix cake mix with diet coke instead of oil/eggs/etc. Yields a low calorie desert. I am topping mine with whipped cream!

Every time I read about these "cakes" I want to scream.
  • kschmi24
    kschmi24 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Healthy and awesome : pile of berries! Raspberries, blackberries and strawberries all sliced up and mixed up, maybe in a little bit of fat free cottage cheese.

Less healthy but still good and easy: 100 calorie bag of Jolly Time Kettle Corn, or 100 calorie English Toffee Weight Watchers ice cream bar!

Filling w/ energy: Fiber 1 90 calorie brownie or 24 unsalted whole almonds (160 calories)
  • lightstruck1
    lightstruck1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now is So Delicious Coconut milk mini ice cream sandwiches. only 90 calories per serving :)
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I take an apple, peel, core and slice thinly, sautee it in a pan with a tiny dab of butter, less than 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (15 cals or less), add a dusting of cinnamon and serve warm. SO good!

and really, it only has the calories of an average apple (about 80), a dab of butter and the sugar and tastes close to apple pie minus the crust.
  • laceyconley
    Options
    Jello Temptations are amazing, if you've never tried them... I actually just discovered them this weekend. The Strawberry Cheesecake dessert cups are only 150 calories and actually really (to me, at least) taste a heck of a lot like actual cheesecake. They also have Key Lime Pie (100 cals), Lemon Meringue Pie (100 cals), Double Chocolate Pie (120 cals), and Raspberry Cheesecake (150 cals) dessert cups, from what I've seen... all of which taste like actual pie fillings.

Special K bars work well as replacement candy bars. They are usually 170-180 cals.

Skinny Cow makes great ice cream sandwiches, which I believe are less than 200 calories a pop but honestly can't remember off the top of my head.

What else? Oh... Smart Ones makes some DELICIOUS low-cal desserts, cookie dough something-or-other...

Wow... I rattled these all off just a little too easily, huh? :tongue:

Hope that was, in some way, helpful! Enjoy :smile:
  • emma110984
    emma110984 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I usually have a muller light... they do so many flavours now, that you can really feel like your indulging and they are mostly under 100 cals!!! Also if you freeze them a little, they come out like ice cream!!
  • hayleyahearne
    Options
    weight watchers desserts very low in caloires and taste delicious
  • NatalieBrooke88
    Options

Hm, Im sorry? I just made them for the first time and found them to be delicious and thought I would share.
  • Quickster34
    Quickster34 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    jamie eason's live fit recipies, the cinnamon bread is amazing and so are the pumpkin squares! bodybuilding.com
  • NoAdditives
    Options

Hm, Im sorry? I just made them for the first time and found them to be delicious and thought I would share.

Someone posts about this nearly every day and it angers me for many reasons. The main reason is because I think any sort of "diet food" is ridiculous and that when you introduce things like artificial sweeteners into your diet it defeats the purpose of trying to achieve overall health. Then there's my personal issue with boxed cake mixes and similar convenience foods which is too long to get into. And finally, there's the fact that as a baker, I find this "recipe" to be an absolute atrocity.

I don't mean to take this out on you, it's not about you at all. i just get incredibly tired of people going on about how delicious this is when I know it to be full of unnecessary preservatives, man-made chemical ingredients that studies have shown are bad for your health and in no way compares to a dessert that's actually delicious. I just don't see the point in half-assing something like dessert. Do it right and do it less often and/or in smaller portions. Don't give yourself a heap of crappy ingredients just because it's low cal and/or low sugar.
  • co_mama
    Options
    Agreed.
  • NatalieBrooke88
    Options

Someone posts about this nearly every day and it angers me for many reasons. The main reason is because I think any sort of "diet food" is ridiculous and that when you introduce things like artificial sweeteners into your diet it defeats the purpose of trying to achieve overall health. Then there's my personal issue with boxed cake mixes and similar convenience foods which is too long to get into. And finally, there's the fact that as a baker, I find this "recipe" to be an absolute atrocity.

I don't mean to take this out on you, it's not about you at all. i just get incredibly tired of people going on about how delicious this is when I know it to be full of unnecessary preservatives, man-made chemical ingredients that studies have shown are bad for your health and in no way compares to a dessert that's actually delicious. I just don't see the point in half-assing something like dessert. Do it right and do it less often and/or in smaller portions. Don't give yourself a heap of crappy ingredients just because it's low cal and/or low sugar.

I agree. Thats why I dont eat this everyday or even every week.. or every month. It is a "special treat". I love raw fruits and veggies and anything natural, however, being human I like to indulge in the preservative filled, non nutritious crap once in awhile. I know, its terrible.. but its the truth!
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options