IT'S MY BIRTHDAY AND I WANT TO EAT SOMETHING FUN

Options
Today is my birthday and I want to eat something that I really, really, enjoy. I usually like sweets on my birthday but I have a coupon from one of my favorite fun places for some fried pickles. Now I don't eat a lot of fried foods but I feel that since I have been on track as far as eating is concerned, should I indulge myself. I decided yesterday at dinner with friends not to have cake and ice cream.

Replies

• jamesblood13
    jamesblood13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! Go for it, you only have one birthday a year.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday :flowerforyou:
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Meh...go ahead!! It's your birthday! Just don;t over do it :) I LOVE FRIED PICKLES!!
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I have started planning for this stuff. I was going out with my girls for the first time in MONTHS a few weeks ago, so I did a few extra work outs and adjusted my eating that weekend to prepare. :)

Also, I've found I just can't eat as much junk as I used to.

I say indulge (and maybe throw in a few extra minutes of cardio in tomorrow). :)
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Eat something fun then!
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    and happy birthday!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! Fried pickles sounds like a great birthday treat! My birthday is this Friday and I'm still trying to decide where I want to eat out that night. :drinker:
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Then do it! After all it IS your birthday. Track it and move on. One day is not gonna kill you. If you deprive yourself, you will fail. Sometimes, you just have to DO IT! I would but that's me. lol

Oh and happy birthday. Hope you have a super duper day. :P
  • tgmshierry
    tgmshierry Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!

I agree with everyone else... go for it!! it is just one meal one day of the year.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have splurged on occasion and made the best effort I could to get it to fit into my calories and other counts. Some times Im a little over many times I have been below.. So its your birthday, if you want fried pickels.. go for it..
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    happy birthday ... eat something good but in moderation :) so that u will have more happy and healthy birthday coming up ..
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've already got my birthday dinner planned. Pounded chicken breast on rice and cheesecake for dessert. My birthday is in June. lol
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Enjoy and go for it! And please eat a pickle for me! I love love love them! We have a BBQ place here that serves them, that is all I order, no meal just those! mmmmm Enjoy your birthday it only comes once a year!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!!!! Forget the diary and scale and just have fun!
  • mommyb923
    mommyb923 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! Happy Birthday, eat up!! :)

If you feel guilty, just don't get a fried main dish... you'll be fine!!
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!!!. I will do that and I really don't eat as much as I used to. And Happy future birthday to you SueInAz!!
  • mmclachlan10
    Options
    Happy BIrthday! Eat up, you onlu get 1 birthday a year!!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!! You bet you should indulge on your birthday! Just be careful, if your body is used to healthy foods now it might rebel against fried food. That happened to me recently. Have a great time!!!!
  • bbkohn
    bbkohn Posts: 29
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! you only have one birthday a year, have your pickles and if you want it, get a bowl of ice cream or a slice of your own birthday cake. A year ago I was just like you, really afraid to indulge or go over my calories, but I've learned that this is no race, you have forever to lose this weight and trust me, you dont want your memories to be tinted by your worry over your in take.
    Today, do what you want, it's a special day. Tomorrow, work out a little harder and push yourself a bit. This week, eat healthy, train hard, and I doubt you'll even see a difference in your weight.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Happy B Day!

Mine is tomorrow!

YAY!