Waist slimming belt work?

Options

Replies

• XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    :noway: You're asking this question here? :noway:

Yeah! Too funny! I expected some wonderful people giving me wonderful feedbacks!!
    Much love to everybody;)....lol
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    U wasted $6.99. Try to re-purpose the belt or throw it away.
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    Sorry to tell you what you don't want to hear but you've just wasted 6.99.

Sure you sweat the water out, then you drink a glass of water and it all goes back in. Want to lose inches round your waist? Keep logging on to MFP, eat well to lose body fat and get toning your midriff with exercise.

I am and I am losing...thanks!
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I use one, my husband convinced me to try it he always used one when working out. I do feel it helps a little, it may be water but it definatly isnt hurting (as long as you drink enough)
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have one and I can tell a difference when I go several weeks without using it. Yes, it pulls out excess water and I sweat more in that area but, like others who've commented, it's helps me engage my core muscles a bit more. It might all just be some craziness in my head but I think it does have some benefits and will continue to use it. And if spending $7 on something that encourages YOU to work out because YOU see/feel some benefits then that is money well spent!

By the way, I've also heard of people buying multiples and wrapping one around their waist and one around each thigh. Hey, whatever works for you!
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    Im actualy going to go against the theme on this thread, if it is like a back brace type of belt that holds your stomach in it cuold help reduce over eating, by holding your stomach in you could feel fuller faster

^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

by wrapping around your stomach it holds in your stomach and you will feel fuller than you would otherwise.

I wear one at home but not at work since it would look silly under my shirts.
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    Thanks for all the great feedback! You guys are the best! Honestly...I am not worry about the 6.99.
    That's why I said don't tell me I wasted it...lol. Just didn't want you to waste your time telling me that .
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have 2 different styles that I wear when working out. The primary reason I use it is to control the bouncing of my tummy. I find that I can't work out as long or as hard if I don't have one on, just too much uncontrolled movement :laugh: . On the slim chance I lose any extra in that area it is a bonus, but I am definately not holding my breath on that :laugh: .
  • Belenwright23
    Options
    It has been working for me!!! Reminds me to hold my stomach in when i work out which is tightening it back up ( after two kids..lol.) ive lost 3 inches off my waist in 3 months! Try it for yourself instead of just doing what everyone says It might work for you!!
    And hey I bought the one for $5 at walmart and it works great for me!! And yes make sure u are drinking at least 6-8 cups of water a day there is a smart app u can get on ur phone its called a carbo droid reminds me to drink enough water every day :)

Wishing you the best!!
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    It has been working for me!!! Reminds me to hold my stomach in when i work out which is tightening it back up ( after two kids..lol.) ive lost 3 inches off my waist in 3 months! Try it for yourself instead of just doing what everyone says It might work for you!!
    And hey I bought the one for $5 at walmart and it works great for me!! And yes make sure u are drinking at least 6-8 cups of water a day there is a smart app u can get on ur phone its called a carbo droid reminds me to drink enough water every day :)

Wishing you the best!!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I use one every time i work out. It helps me keep my core straight instead of slouching- I have severe lower back problems so this helps me a lot. Obviously its not going to perform miracles and take INCHES off your waist- but it does serve its purpose. Plus when you're working your *kitten* off doing cardio, it does feel better when your stomach isn't wobbling all over the place.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    And if spending $7 on something that encourages YOU to work out because YOU see/feel some benefits then that is money well spent!.....

^^^ That is the most important thing!^^^
  • ChefChantz
    Options
    Not sure how old this board is. Here is how a slimming belt can really work. First do not wearing 24/7 you need to let your skin breath. Secondly you dont need wear it on a work out you just dyhydrate faster. Wear it about an hour before you eat. It is scientifically proven that the higher your body temperature the less you eat (hense why you gain weight in winter and lose in summer typcially) so that slimming belt you been taking to the gym? use it to keep you warm and make you less hungry at meal times...

The slimmer is thermal and keeps you midsection warm which is why you sweat more in that region. You will end up drinking more water during the day as a result, again another way to lose weight as you are putting healthy fluid in your body.

Depending on what you purchased (style-wise) it may also be flattering to your figure.

Here is the warning and its a good one: do not wear if ill or having a fever I know that sounds like common sense but we all know what they say about ppl having common sense lol. Also do not get one that does not fit you comfortably. This is key! You internal organs don't like being a hot open face sammich all squished together.

I hope some of this helps!:smile:
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    Thanks! Posted this a while back but thanks for the tips!

Just getting back on Mfp :smile:
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    These contraptions are just gimmicks that people sell to others who are looking for short cuts that don't really exist. If one CANNOT spot reduce with exercise, then how is wearing a belt going to do it? Maybe a little water weight from sweating, but that water gets replenished when water is put back in the body.
    There are no secrets or short cuts. Unfortunately this will still fall on deaf ears because people WANT TO BELIEVE that there are easier ways to beat the system.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Guys, I personally love my waist-slimming belt.

corset-blog1.jpg

It's amazing, my organs have never been squishier. Two thum-*faint*
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hey YMark... be more numble, dumbass! Be like others in this forum who are open minded people. Take your picture down...it's an embarrassment

Strong first post after joining 4 years ago. You apparently aren't one of the open minded people since you're criticizing his choice of an avatar and calling it an embarrassment.

btw, yeah YMark be more numble!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Posted this a while back but thanks for the tips!

Just getting back on Mfp :smile:
    XOchocolate, you're a good sport. :drinker:
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hey YMark... be more numble, dumbass! Be like others in this forum who are open minded people. Take your picture down...it's an embarrassment

Strong first post. Ymark's response was 2 years ago. Good paying attention though!