My dog lost 1.5lbs! She can't speak so I have to say it for

Options
junyr
junyr Posts: 416 Member
HA!

I know this probably doesn't go here, but our dog weighed 77.4lbs at the vet a few weeks ago. Since then I've been doing the couch to 5k with her (I'm already a runner, but I'm doing the full program with her to get her in better shape). Anyway, we are midway through week 3. Had to go to the vet this morning to get heartworm preventative for her and took her and got her on the scale; 76lbs.

Everyone in the family is getting with the program!

=p

Replies

• lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Our pets need a healthy lifestyle, too. :)
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!! And congrats to your dog!!
  • norma67
    norma67 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    that is great :)

yes you have it in the right place....she has had a success!!!!!

Our pets are so much more ... they are family and we have to speak for them :)
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yay for poochie, and of course you too! I think I need to teach my cat to walk on a leash. She could benefit from some exercise.
  • Pooker89
    Pooker89 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My East German German Shep was 110 at his highest, he is now at 74 ( What he should be at) with diet and daily doggy runs. :laugh: Congrats on your dogs weight loss and may she reach her healthy goals soon. :flowerforyou:
  • junyr
    Options
    My East German German Shep was 110 at his highest, he is now at 74 ( What he should be at) with diet and daily doggy runs. :laugh: Congrats on your dogs weight loss and may she reach her healthy goals soon. :flowerforyou:

She's not terribly over. Shes a rott mix, not sure what the other part is, but we're thinking pitbull. She's not made for super long distance running so I think the 5k goal is good for her. She looks mostly like a small rottweiler, but doesn't have quite the large head or muscular bulk in the shoulders.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic and I'm sure your pooch is happy about the extra exercise!
  • Pooker89
    Pooker89 Posts: 147 Member
    Options

She's not terribly over. Shes a rott mix, not sure what the other part is, but we're thinking pitbull. She's not made for super long distance running so I think the 5k goal is good for her. She looks mostly like a small rottweiler, but doesn't have quite the large head or muscular bulk in the shoulders.
    Well I'm sure she enjoys the run with you. :smile: Nothing says father and daughter time like a go run outside! lol

Sadly my dog Toby was... well very pudgy.. we could roll him around. At that point we figured he shouldn't look like a sausage, but more like a police dog. Lol
  • ranmca
    ranmca Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    aw this just makes me smile. your puppy will be thanking you for the rest of its life! so cute
  • yorkies2
    Options
    I took my dog to the vet today and at 6 pounds they said she needs to lose weight, I just got in from taking her on a long walk.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    YAY! :D
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    And have you been logging her kibble? Otherwise.... :blushing:
  • mctiernan
    mctiernan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hahahaha...thats awesome :) Congrats puppy!
  • stablesong
    Options
    Yay! I wish my dog would run with me. He's only around ten pounds, some kind of terrier mix, and his little legs just won't carry him as fast as my little legs carry me. Plus he loves to just stop in the middle of the trail/side of the road when we're walking.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    haha, high 5 pooch!! My dog Dave was really overweight and neglected before we adopted him, he lost 5 kilos (He's a collie cross) I swear he had a new lease on life! lol x
  • junyr
    Options
    And have you been logging her kibble? Otherwise.... :blushing:

LOL, we have NOT been logging it, but she does eat within her weight guidelines. :drinker:
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yay for poochie, and of course you too! I think I need to teach my cat to walk on a leash. She could benefit from some exercise.

Same here lol my cat weighs 19 pounds!
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I wish my cat would do this haha. We need to start fixing his diet he's getting too big. I worry about his health. Unfortunately, cats don't like leashes or running. =(
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    that is so awesome. My poor dog... someone needs to take her away from me. I over fed her (on accident cause I'm stupid) and she's fat so I decided she needs more walks ... well .. SHE'S FAT! and not young & has arthritis too so the walking made her lame ='( I am going to dog h3ll .
    Got her on a diet & less exercise now, poor thing. The vet fixed her up.
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    great job doggy... My dog was told she was over weight at 39 pounds -she had always been 33 and I though too thin, we brought her to 35 and now I think she is perfect.. : so yay... carrots are good for their weight loss
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!