Your motivation?

Options
Post your motivation here! It always helps to remind yourself and share to keep your mind on the prize!

I want to be healthy and be able to go for long runs again, but also my 5 year high school reunion is in 2 years, and I want be at my goal weight!

Replies

• Kellster30
    Kellster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married next year...so I want to look good for that! I also want to be healthy so that when we have kids, I will be around longer and be able to be more active with them!

8834016.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • KSC811
    KSC811 Posts: 56
    Options
    congrats! i can't wait to see those pics!
  • bwallner1971
    bwallner1971 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Short term....A memorial day weekend backpacking trip
    Mid range...100 lbs lost by labor day (at 57 down)
    Long term....do the Appalachian Trail end to end in 2017
  • bwallner1971
    bwallner1971 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married next year...so I want to look good for that! I also want to be healthy so that when we have kids, I will be around longer and be able to be more active with them!

Congratulations!
  • amstringham
    Options
    My motivation is my daughter. I want to be healthy for her! And of course I want to look good! My husbands 10 high school reunion is next year, and lets face it, I would love to show up looking hot!!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    My motivation - I want to do all in my power to be mentally, emotionally, and physically healthy. This is my responsibility and noone else's...
  • cindycoley19
    cindycoley19 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Short term: 30 year HS reunion in April - I want to be 30lbs lighter by April 29th.

LongTerm - I want get to my ideal target weight in 2012, and remain a health nut at the gym, toning this 48 year old body. I can't wait to get out of plus size clothing, I'm 6 lbs from 199...it's so exciting! I would love to be able to run 2 miles every morning with my son before school/work.

It feels good to be healthy!! And personally, I feel like in the next two years, people over-weight will be dinged on their health insurance and smoking cigs as well. I see it coming. Dinged, meaning they will pay higher premiums for health insurance through group plans at work.
  • sqldiva
    sqldiva Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My son. I want to be here when he graduates from college, walks down the aisle and see him become the amazing man I know he will become. Right now, if I continue down the path I have, I won't be. That's terrifying at only 41 years old.
  • RyanPerry2012
    RyanPerry2012 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just want to look good naked! In all seriousness, I have never felt that I love my body. Until I was around 19, I was extremely skinny, like 114 lbs while being 5'10". Within one year from 19-20 the dreaded metabolism slowdown hit me and I "ballooned" if you will to 210. I have since bounced between 210 and 180 several times but I am what you'd call "skinny fat;" like 60 lbs of fat on a frame of 130 lbs non-fat.

I've literally never seen (and if I did, it was too brief to notice) myself at 150-160. I ran my first half marathon last year after 12 years of running but never more than 3 miles at once. I knew it was something I wanted to do more, and every run that I carry around this extra weight adds to my risk of injury.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I want to kick *kitten* in athletically. No other reason than that. I just like the thought of being able run farther, jump higher, and keep going after other people drop off.
  • TurtleTape
    TurtleTape Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good enough about myself to be active again. I was in a pool the family ran from sun up to sun down every day in the summer until it closed when I was in about 3rd grade, this is the only period in my life I remember being thin. From there I gained and was on the county swim team for two years, played soft ball for three years, biked regularly, was then in karate for a good eight years, was in marching band for three, and for all of those I was overweight/obese. Oh to feel comfortable enough in a bathing suit to swim all day again and see the return of that amazing tan I always had.
  • roxbanks
    roxbanks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my boys and husband <3 They give me that encouragement I need everyday ! Also would have to be that old picture of me back in September ... Gives me the fire within ,,,not to go back to the way I used to feel and look.
  • sunshine3737
    sunshine3737 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I decided to lose weight because I hated having my pictures taken with my kids because I hated how I looked! Now after losing 52 lbs I don't mind. I also want to be able to take them to the pool this summer and not be so uncomfortable in front of people. I have about 20 lbs to go to reach my goal and I am really trying to reach that goal by June. That's when it normally warms up enough to go swimming! :-) And of course I hope that I am setting a good example for my kids as well. As soon as I put on my exercise clothes they will ask me if I am going to exercise.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    My motivation is a few things.

I'm getting married in April and although I won't be at the weight I want to be at than I will be on my way to a healthy lifestyle. I want to be healthy for when we have children. I love both of my parents dearly however neither were the greatest role models when it comes to being healthy. Everyone in my family is over weight and I don't want my children to struggle like I have.

I want to feel that sense of accomplishment. To complete something that I have tried and failed so many times at.

I want to be healthy.

And I want to prove people wrong, that I can do it (my lovely Grandmother tells me I'll be fat forever).
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've always said I wanted to lose weight for a cuter wardrobe, to be healthy, to avoid the meds many in my family have to take. The jump-start for this whole thing was this guy that asked me out. Known each other for years and he picks now. That was 3 1/2 months ago. I lost about 15 pounds. Then, he tells me I look different, like I've been working out, which I hadn't, but it was a nice compliment. So I've since joined MFP and started working out. I'm working on my outward appearance as well as my inward health both mental and physical.

Doesn't hurt that it's a year til Hawaii and then two years til our 10 year high school reunion. I'd LOVE to show up teeny tiny as I have always been overweight. To show up there in a "LITTLE black dress" would be the ultimate reward for myself.
  • sschoolfield
    Options
    My first goal was to get out of plus size clothes and look healthier before my son gets married on April 28th....Goal was to be at or below 175 by then (CW is 178, so almost there). Now, I know I can do this and am working toward my final goal weight of 145 (hopefully to be reached before the end of the summer). I feel better, am off all meds and look better in my clothes. I don't ever want to loose what I have gained by loosing the weight. :wink:
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Short term....A memorial day weekend backpacking trip
    Mid range...100 lbs lost by labor day (at 57 down)
    Long term....do the Appalachian Trail end to end in 2017

Love your long term goal! I met someone here that has done it and with his daughter and they said it was the best time ever...she quit her job to be able to do it and then when she was done her boss called her begging to come back lol...he offered her a raise, a sign on bonus, and a ticket home
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be at my GW for my 20th year high school reunion in July!!!:bigsmile:
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    My motivation - I want to do all in my power to be mentally, emotionally, and physically healthy. This is my responsibility and noone else's...

Awesome!!! This is the goal I set in December (instead of a new years resolution). It's so true that it's our responsibility.
  • Sherryh1234
    Options
    Awesome weight loss! Congratulations!