ladies approx 5'9 to 5'11 what is your current weight and go

Options

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    5'10. 194lbs currently with a goal of 170lbs (possibly 155 if I feel like it but I have a feeling once I reach a 'healthy weight' I'll lose interest in losing!).

I started three years ago at 230... lost roughly 40 pounds and then tabled losing and just maintained for three years. hah! I know I can maintain, now I just wanna shed these last 24 pounds.
  • tlath70
    tlath70 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was beginning to feel I was the only one not close to my goal. :embarassed: I am 5'10" and current weight is 287 with a goal of 180. I also have a large frame and was so perfect as a 180lb athlete when I graduated from High School (oh, so long ago) ...and just did not know it. Now almost 20 years later and after learning so much more about who I am, I understand that I cannot be one of those super tall, super skinny girls. I just want to be healthy again!

It is so comforting to see other women acknowledge that their ideal weight is not 120 or below...that is not do-able for everyone; especially me! Keep up the hard work my Amazon sisters...all women are not short and tiny, but we can all be beautiful at a healthy weight and ANY height!
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    5'9 @159. Goal - 155, but I will probably go for 150.
  • tamster1219
    tamster1219 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and weigh 174 and my goal is 165 and then we will see....I can't remember ever being thinner than that as an adult so I think I am going to be happy there. :)
  • craziedazie
    Options
    5'9 and big frame -- yay for Nordic blood!

Currently: 154.

Goal: 145. 140 at the LOWEST. Its pretty much impossible for me to get any lower than that unless I go psycho obsessive with the diet and excercise, but I start to look too thin if I get down near 140.

I hear you! My bones begin to protrude around the 145 mark. It is unsustainable after 140.
  • craziedazie
    Options
    Since so many are currently around 150-170, I am interested in what kind of calories you guys are eating?? I go back and forth wondering if I am eating too much or not enough.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I was beginning to feel I was the only one not close to my goal. :embarassed: I am 5'10" and current weight is 287 with a goal of 180. I also have a large frame and was so perfect as a 180lb athlete when I graduated from High School (oh, so long ago) ...and just did not know it. Now almost 20 years later and after learning so much more about who I am, I understand that I cannot be one of those super tall, super skinny girls. I just want to be healthy again!

It is so comforting to see other women acknowledge that their ideal weight is not 120 or below...that is not do-able for everyone; especially me! Keep up the hard work my Amazon sisters...all women are not short and tiny, but we can all be beautiful at a healthy weight and ANY height!

Heh, yes. I was 180 at 17 and looking back, I was damn hot! I'll never be a waif, my shoulders are broad enough that no matter how much I lose I won't be able to wear anything under a large t-shirt, and even those I look extremely booby.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    5'9" I have been maintaining between 127 and 130 for a few months. I just started lifting heavy and I want to be about 135ish when I start putting more muscle on.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I started at 294, now I am 161. I am fit and happy and healthy now. Down to 22% body fat from 56% when I started!

I'm 5'10"
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    5'8 3/4 (basically 5'9 right?). Current weight 148.4lbs. Goal weight 124-128lbs.

Edit: Oh and I want to tone up as well.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and currently 163. My goal right now is 150 and then I'll re-evaluate. :)
  • thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'9". currently 224 and aiming for 130-140.
  • holdthefries
    holdthefries Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    5'10" and currently 196 with a goal weight of 145.
  • Samsara9
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm 5'9" and am trying to maintain between 135-140 (I am at 138 right now). Just looking to be toned and drop some inches, rather than weight. I hid my scale and only use my tape measure now. Yay tall girls :drinker:
  • daitchis
    Options
    I just started using 'myfitnesspal' last week. I'm 5'9 and my starting weight was 153.5... 6 days in and I'm down 4 lbs at 149.5! I'm hoping to get down to 142 which was my wedding weight 5 years ago.
  • Luvlynamazing
    Options
    5'9.5".... Currently I am 169, would LOVE to be around 140... that is when I feel the best about my body.
  • Wezlfuss
    Wezlfuss Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and a little under my haviest (240) My goal for now is 200, then probably 170
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently 140 lbs. Goal was 150, then 140 and now I'm thinking maybe 130-135.
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Im 5'11 current weight 186 goal weight 165
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'10" w/a large frame. My goal is 180 cuz anything less would not suite my frame I don't think. I don't want to go from one extreme of being very over-weight to another extreme of being too thin.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!