Vitatops... thoughts?

Options
2»

Replies

• meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Some are good... some suck! Banana Chocolate Chip is amazing... but not sure if it's available in store. I got some online when they had an online sale. I hated the Cranberry ones, too fibery tasting. The Deep Chocolate are also really good!
  • Tulipgirl1223
    Tulipgirl1223 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've never had them. I know people who swear by them, maybe next time I'm at Target I'll pick up a box
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I picked up a box one day at work on my break when I ran out of snacks. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed. They have a great fibre and protein content for what they are, but I thought they did not taste good. Maybe I got an old box? I tried chocolate and wasn't planning to buy them again.
  • EDGE876
    Options
    I have had my eye on them a while now but very expensive and shipping is killer...not sure if they're worth it
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    They are yummy, but don't expect them to cure hunger pangs! :ohwell:
  • DesertFlowersCanDance
    Options
    I'd rather use my calories to eat real foods to be honest. Getting away from sugary fake foods has made a world of difference.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I really like them. Chocolate are my fave, but when they came out with pumpkin I was so happy, they helped replace my addiction to Starbuck's pumpkin cream cheese muffins. 100 calories, good amount of fiber, like them heated and add some lite whip topping yummy.

I bought cornbread vita-top muffins that I plan to have when I make beans and ham again.

Subscribe to hungry girl.com to get her emails and she gives coupon codes to order them online. Also if you order on line, you will get on line offers. I try to watch for sales when I buy at the grocery store. They are spendy, so if you dont live alone, be sure to hide from the kids!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    They gave me incredible gas.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    They were cheaper at Target last time I checked
  • alexis92
    Options
    I always have a supply at Vitatops I get from Target. I've seen them at Kroger and they're more expensive there. Definitely worth it for someone like me with a late-night sweet tooth! I've had Banana, Chocolate, Chocolate-Chip Banana, Chocolate Muffins, Chocolate Brownies, and the 90 Calorie Sugar-Free Chocolate Muffin Tops. All are very yummy!!!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I hated the Cranberry ones, too fibery tasting. The Deep Chocolate are also really good!

In all fairness, the cranberry ones are "Cran-Bran" - they are supposed to be bran / fiber-ish tasting.
  • amulet
    Options
    Not much fan of anything bran, but I do love all of the chocolate flavored ones - especially mint & banana choco chips. They are on sale at Walmart for $3.78!