Lost the fire :(

Options
I am having a hard time getting back that fire I had when I began this journey. There has been one crisis after another within my family the last several months and as much as I know I MUST take care of me.......the motivation is slipping out of my grasp. Sumtimes it feels like all I have time to do is simply breath. I know in my head that I will come thru and continue this journey so I try each day but I'm falling short. Any others had this problem and if so how did u over come it? Please & Thank you :-)

Replies

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I've gone threw that every time I have dieted. I've always let something stop me, one excuess after another. ] The best advice I can give you is just don't stop, take it one day at a time! If you slack even for a few days in a row don't use that as an excues to stop Keep pushing forward. You can do this, it is your time and you can only take it, don't let anything still this from you.
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    There are always ups and downs in our lives. This journey is one that is possible through it all. You may have to make adjustments depending on the crisis, but know that you will come through.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Hey my friend. I seem to overeat and gain weight with stress, so unfortunately I don't have any good advice. I guess all it comes down to is putting yourself first and realizing your self-worth, EVEN during hard/painful/stressful times. Maybe using exercise as a stress buster.

You've been through a lot in the past while. People in your life may assume that you are strong and that you can handle everything, just because somehow you hold it together. I think it's also important to be honest with your loved ones when you are feeling weak and need something from them (be it support or help). Try not to carry burdens alone. It gets way too heavy and eventually it will break you. Don't be afraid to ask for help or support.

I hope someone here can give you some great advice.

HUGS from afar.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Maybe instead of looking at the whole picture, plan little goals. Give yourself a reward when you reach them. Example could be to exercise 4 times for 30 minutes for the next two weeks or to stay within your calorie goal for the next week, etc (whatever works for you or whatever you find you are lacking in). Allow yourself small rewards...slice of pizza (within your calories for the day) or a new pair of shoes or a massage.....

Sometimes smaller steps are easier to accomplish.
  • Karenlavonne1958
    Options
    Whenever your life seems to be spinning out of control remember this is the ONE thing you have control over. Stay strong. Food doesn't ever really feel the empty space inside and just makes you more disappointed in life. To feel really full and happy take time for yourself and keep ahold of your ONE thing.
  • levigal
    levigal Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks everyone for ur suggestions and encouragment. It is greatly appreciated and excepted with an open mind :-)
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i;m with you on this one.. i have weak motivation and i am always over calories.. although i do exercise regularly but the overeating kills it :(
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've been going through the same. I'm just continuing despite not feeling super motivated. Hoping eventually the motivation will come back.

Try doing something different...maybe a change will renew your "fire". Different exercises...new healthy foods...

I just started a challenge where I put away my scale and measuring tape for a month and just focused purely on good choices.
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I find that when things in my life get out of control this is the one thing that I can control . For me it is a challenge just to make sure that I stay within my calorie range. For me this has become addicting, I do find it very frustrating when I have done everything right and the scale does not agree but I guess that is part of the game. I then just don't get on the scale. I hate when I don't meet my goals either for calories or exercise. MFP is awesome, it does work,
    just hang in there.