Quick ways to burn 100 Calories

Options
Does anyone know some ways to simply burn 100 calories around the house?!

Replies

• chugglebunny
    Options
    Running up and down the stairs a few times? Jumping jacks? Jogging on the spot?

Edit: According to MFP 4 minutes of running up and down the stairs is about 86 calories. :)
  • Milly406
    Options
    Wow thanks! I'm stuck in the house today so I will def do the stairs a couple times. Thanks again.
  • pixieakabigd
    Options
    Buy a skipping rope! (Or Jump rope if you're not from my side of the Atlantic!)

It's fast, fun and 10 minutes fast skipping burns well over 100 calories.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    UtgVMl.jpg
    210889 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm after some ideas too. Yesterday I jogged on spot for 10 minutes and only burnt 77 calories. Such a depressingly tiny little number in comparison to the extreme sweating that was going down; I thought I'd burnt a lot more than I had!

I'm not able to run up and down the stairs as my boyfriend works from home and I can't risk disturbing him, are there any other alternatives out there?
  • brookelittle
    Options
    UtgVMl.jpg

thats awesome.. had 2 pin it!
  • RoboLikes
    Options
    You can also do:

Lunges, running in place, push-ups and crunches all done in rapid fire
    Quick, fast shadow boxing for ten minutes
    Jumping rope for ten minutes rapidly
    Running up stairs fast will burn over 100 calories in 10 minutes
  • Milly406
    Options
    Thanks for all of these! Very helpful...
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    UtgVMl.jpg

LOL
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Try 30 Day shred level 1 its easy and burn more than 100 calories in just 20 mins and its fun and its available on youtube as well :-)
  • TagaMigi
    Options
    Thanks for posting great idea!
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i dont burn anywhere close to 100 cal for 1min of jumping jacks.. or jogging on the spot. it takes me 10min of jogging to burn 100..
  • Try 30 Day shred level 1 its easy and burn more than 100 calories in just 20 mins and its fun and its available on youtube as well :-)

I agree! 20 mins circuit training will burn a lot more than 100 calories and the DVD is so cheap now! It's my home workout of choice :)
  • Milly406
    Options
    i dont burn anywhere close to 100 cal for 1min of jumping jacks.. or jogging on the spot. it takes me 10min of jogging to burn 100..

I agree. I think you'd have to do maybe 10 minutes of jumping jacks?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    UtgVMl.jpg

But not true. Use a HRM, it will likely take you 10 - 15 minutes to burn 100 calories depending on your exertion level.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

You have to do all the exercises on the list, not just one!
  • CrazyHedgehog
    CrazyHedgehog Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    UtgVMl.jpg
    I was really chuffed when I saw this, and thought I can do some of those.... then I realised that you have to do ALL of them! :sad: damn!
  • RoboLikes
    Options
    UtgVMl.jpg

You guys realize you have to do all of them in succession to get to the 100 calories right...?
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Oh well thats kinda obvious that you cant burn 100 in one minute
    you have to do it all together thats why it has 'Shake it out' in the end :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • eatmeingo
    Options
    40 jumping jacks, 30 crunches, 20 squats, and 10 push ups burns 100 calories.