Help with my HRM (30DS)

Options
2»

Replies

• creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I was going to order this HRM. I love the price! Keep us posted if you sort it out - I won't bother if it isn't accurate.

Polar FT4 gets good reviews (I went with FT60 as wasn't much more to import to Aus from the states) x

Thanks! That's actually the one I have on my wish list - but while pennies are tight I was going to go with the pulse sonic. Although if it isn't accurate I'd rather save and go for the more expensive one that I know is going to work!
  • schmorla
    schmorla Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That to me sounds like the right amount to burn for 20mins exercise if you are relatively fit.
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    That to me sounds like the right amount to burn for 20mins exercise if you are relatively fit.

I wouldn't class myself as fit though. I hadn't exercised until Jan this year and I only did 30 minutes on Wii's Your Shape until I started 30DS :/ - Nothing strenuous
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    if you arent getting your heart rate up high, breathing heavy, sweating, you wont be burning alot.

im significantly overweight and i burn approx 240 cals in half an hour in the gym doing cardio and weights.
  • Stephie_J
    Options
    if you arent getting your heart rate up high, breathing heavy, sweating, you wont be burning alot.

im significantly overweight and i burn approx 240 cals in half an hour in the gym doing cardio and weights.

I do get out of breath and sweat buckets which is why I thought I'd be burning more calories
  • Stephie_J
    Options
    I was going to order this HRM. I love the price! Keep us posted if you sort it out - I won't bother if it isn't accurate.

They have said that they will replace it for me. I'll let you know what the replacement is like
  • creative1981
    Options

They have said that they will replace it for me. I'll let you know what the replacement is like

Thanks - I actually bought one from Lloyds pharmacy yesterday. Not sure if it's the same one but it's the same price. I did 30DS this morning and it said I burned 98 =/ I was expecting a little more as I feel as though I'm going to die afterwards! I did forget to start it for about 10 mins in though so I just doubled that to enter on here.
  • Stephie_J
    Options

Thanks - I actually bought one from Lloyds pharmacy yesterday. Not sure if it's the same one but it's the same price. I did 30DS this morning and it said I burned 98 =/ I was expecting a little more as I feel as though I'm going to die afterwards! I did forget to start it for about 10 mins in though so I just doubled that to enter on here.

I am wondering if I have set my vo2max right as I set it at 12 but a lot of charts say it should be at around 30 for my age. I didn't realise they sold them in pharmacies! I could have saved on postage! D'oh!
  • creative1981
    Options

I am wondering if I have set my vo2max right as I set it at 12 but a lot of charts say it should be at around 30 for my age. I didn't realise they sold them in pharmacies! I could have saved on postage! D'oh!

I have mine set to 35 but I am so unfit I'm not sure I count as 'average' - I'm just trying to work out where I have to go to walk for a mile and then I'll look at it again. I thought I walked over a mile every day. According to google I don't!
  • Stephie_J
    Options

I have mine set to 35 but I am so unfit I'm not sure I count as 'average' - I'm just trying to work out where I have to go to walk for a mile and then I'll look at it again. I thought I walked over a mile every day. According to google I don't!

I used this calculator: http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/vo2max-calculator.aspx

But I think I did it wrong as I just checked my HRM after 20 seconds and didn't actually count the beats! I need to do its again I think. Bet that is the issue and there is nothing wrong with the HRM after all! I will try it tonight before I send it back! haha
  • Marks281172
    Marks281172 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Is your sensor band nice and wet and tight enough?, if it is missing beats like you say that could be it. Mine is literally soaked when i put it on.. once you get sweating its not a problem but at first it does need a good drenching.
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    I am not sure if I did the conversion right but if the calculator I used is correct, your HRM Pulsonic KD920 cost 12.99 pounds which converts to 20 bucks u.s. I hope Im a wrong there. If you paid 20 bucks for it that is whats wrong with your heart rate monitor.Go and spend the extra 80 bucks and get a polar ft7. BEST HRM on the market very easy to use. I have seen so many people buy cheap heart rate monitors trying to save a buck and then there unhappy and end up buying a Polar instead. Good luck