Eating out tomorrow - can I carry over?

2»

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    I disagree that the body works with sun up and sun down, we have messed with that since we started artificially lighting our homes way back when gaslamps came in. :-P Yes, yes, these things have a slight bearing, but not enough to really be a major factor anymore.
  • Im the same Dannii, going out for a meal tmro night and panicking over what im going to order!! I dont know wether to choose something lower in cals i wouldnt normally choose.....or just order what i want as its only the one night. Decisions decisions! :huh:

Why don't you go to Menupages website or the restaurant's website and look at their menu and pre-log, that's what I have done for tomorrow :)

I think you can do both, 50% of the time choose what you want and 50% of the time choose the healthy option although you would rather have something else. I generally eat out twice a week so I try to follow this policy. Or I have two courses instead of three or I share my dessert instead of tucking into the whole thing myself!

**edited by MFP moderator** - please, no links to promotional websites
  • I look at my calories on a 10 day average (Averaging the calories for the past 10 days). That tells you if you are repeatedly over/under eating. It also solves the problem of subconciously under eating after a cheat day. It has done really well for me with calories and weight- I live my life and make small adjustments after a week or so to compensate for what is happening.

Bottom line- you cannot exercise off calories alone. There has to be a diet component- Example: I am training to run a marathon, have ran 170 miles and burned off over 25000 calories doing it- only 7 lbs of my weight loss is from all that running.

Have fun, indulge a little and get back to task- you will be fine- Best of luck to you!!

What do you use for calcuting the average consumption over ten days. Do you just use a spreadsheet and put in the daily net consumption off mfp?

• Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Im the same Dannii, going out for a meal tmro night and panicking over what im going to order!! I dont know wether to choose something lower in cals i wouldnt normally choose.....or just order what i want as its only the one night. Decisions decisions! :huh:

Why don't you go to Menupages website or the restaurant's website and look at their menu and pre-log, that's what I have done for tomorrow :)

Yeh i just had a look, some of the salads have about 800cals in them!!!! lol! So i need to decide wether or not to order something low in cals that i wouldnt usually order..........or just order what i usually get and count it as a cheat meal.

Totally up to you, I thought of that too and tempted to order duck pancakes or a huge burger or something and thought... hmm no I won't, I'll go for something healthier but still yummy and that's what I'm doing :) Might even have a dessert xx
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    I look at my calories on a 10 day average (Averaging the calories for the past 10 days). That tells you if you are repeatedly over/under eating. It also solves the problem of subconciously under eating after a cheat day. It has done really well for me with calories and weight- I live my life and make small adjustments after a week or so to compensate for what is happening.

Bottom line- you cannot exercise off calories alone. There has to be a diet component- Example: I am training to run a marathon, have ran 170 miles and burned off over 25000 calories doing it- only 7 lbs of my weight loss is from all that running.

Have fun, indulge a little and get back to task- you will be fine- Best of luck to you!!

What do you use for calcuting the average consumption over ten days. Do you just use a spreadsheet and put in the daily net consumption off mfp?

I just use an Excel spreadsheet I made. I got the idea from an article I read (kind of an engineering approach to weight loss) that talked about weight loss, dieting and weight maintenance like a thermostat (when it gets a little cold, turn up the heat; a little hot, turn on the air conditioner). Applied to a diet and weight maintenance it would be when the trend of weight loss (or weight is creeping back on) is too slow, cut back on your average calories, when it is too rapid (or your are going below your healthy weight), eat a little more.

Running a lot, I can make the scale read as much as 5 pounds difference depending on when I weigh myself and how I hydrate when I run, so the scale really becomes an arbitrary number. I just get up each morning, go to the bathroom and then weigh myself. I have found that trend wise, I am right on track- losing an average of .2 pounds per day- even though the scale says I lost 3 pounds yesterday, and gained 3 today.

Small incremental changes rather than chasing the scale number is the philosophy I am going with. :)